• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

B/W vs B/W 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

!jirachi!

3/4 dead...
B/W 2 has much more things to do like: join avenue, PWT, black tower, white three hollow thing, more legendaries to catch, medal system, ...
though if you play B/W 1 first and then B/W 2 you'll understand the story and enjoy it more.

I think you would have to play bw1 first definitely to get familiar with the characters and region and of course the story. But if i didn't care about that i would say BW2. It offers so much more. Like loads of older pokemon giving variety for teams. It also has new features like Pokestar studios, PWT and the medals. Not to mention a few new towns.

Estellise

peachy
If you want an epic story, then go with Black or White; I personally think it has the best storyline out of all Pokemon games. If you want more things to do, go with Black 2 or White 2.

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
I definitely prefer B2W2 in terms of post-story features, specifically the Join Avenue, the PWT and the Medal System. Storyline-wise, I think I'd still go with B2W2, though BW did provide a good foundation for it.

Cutty

Forever now
B/W2 for a deeper story w/ more cool characters and more stuff to do.
B/W cuz its the first, w/out other region pokemon for the main game.

Chimchar15

B/W had the best storyline so far out the games. N's plight along with Cheren and Bianca's character development was really great. The gym leaders' involvment in the main storyline spiced things up as well. Although Unova was too linear, and the gave you very little to do outside the main storyline let alone the aftergame. B2/W2 had way more stuff to do outside the main story and the region was slightly less linear. The story wasn't as strong as the rival was pretty bland and the team plasma were more of the typical bad guy team then what they were in the first entry. So they each have their strengths and weaknesses but both are great games.

skeletorissatan

B/w simply because N was the best character development in any Pokemon game and you could really sympathise with him by the later stages of the game. Originaly are better but the ssecond one is a great game as well.

ShoesThief

Thief of Shoes
I will agree that a person should play B/W before playing B2/W2 just to get a better grasp at what went down. Plus there's the memory link. But out of both of the games I prefer B2/W2 and that's because I found it to be less dull then B/W and more adding.

stylesbk

@stylesbk
To truly enjoy B2/W2 i'd sugggest beating either b/w first and trying to 100% the game as much as possible so you can sync that game with your copy of B2/W2 i find that to make it a lot more interesting. But if you don't want to be that extreme join ave, pwt, and the other new features really will get you addicted.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
As many others have said, you're better off playing BW first, so you can get the grasp of the Story. Otherwise, if you don't care, BW2 is better in terms of Gameplay. Updated Pokedex, more Legendaries etc.

Colt45

Cobalt
2 is better, however, White would come first on my overall favorites list because I liked it more in it's prime than White 2 in it's, and it was just more original overall.

White 2, however is no doubt a more polished experience than White. For one thing, I loved the PWT, the new water gym leader and town that came with it, and the option to use repel again automatically (THANK YOU GAMEFREAK I LOVE YOU!!!!!). I also like how I was finally able to capture one of my favorite pokemon, Elekid, and use it on my team :D

However, White 2 did not offer as much as it should have, being a numbered seqeul.

Overall, I'd say an 85/100. B

BlazingCharizard39

Torrent of Awesome
B/W 2 has much more things to do like: join avenue, PWT, black tower, white three hollow thing, more legendaries to catch, medal system, ...
though if you play B/W 1 first and then B/W 2 you'll understand the story and enjoy it more.
I agree. Bw2 has way more awesome features. But then again, if you just get bw2, it will be harder to understand without playing bw1.

I disagree B/W2 is better because it is part 2 so you have a Pokemon center in your town. However , now that the pokemon center an pokemart are combined so you dont hear the pokemart son. In result I miss the pokemat song!

I liked the story of of B/W better but as an overall experience I have to say for me B2/W2 were better.

Yes, exactly this.

DarthVader

Get Black or White 2.

The storyline won't make as much sense, but nobody should play the Pokemon games for the story.

The sequels have more Pokemon, more features, more things to do after the Elite Four, and are in general much better than the original BW.

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
Get Black or White 2.

The storyline won't make as much sense, but nobody should play the Pokemon games for the story.

The sequels have more Pokemon, more features, more things to do after the Elite Four, and are in general much better than the original BW.

I disagree, especially in Mystery Dungeon's case. While I easily find the gameplay repetitive and tedious, the story is what makes bear with it and go through the game. But that's just me.

To keep things on topic, I wound up getting all 4 games. (I want all 3 starters in White and White 2.) I'm on White 1 right now, and despite being in the same locations as the second game, it still feels like a different experience. Not just because of the story but because of what I said earlier about only using Gen. 5 Pokemon. I know I'm repeating myself, but while BW2 are the overall better games, I can defentiely say BW1 are still worth playing if you just want another Pokemon game to enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.