• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

B/W vs B/W 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke_9

Rookie
Im definitely enjoying Black 2 more as there are pokemon to catch from the previous games such as Lucario and Arcanine!

clloxin

yeah, pokemon black and white 2 are so much better despite what reviewers say. the region size was nearly doubled, tons of new obtainable pokemon, the pokemon world tournament was much more entertaining than the battle subway, it is a little less smooth playing than black and white but who cares?

Emfg

BW2 are better than BW, but without playing BW, you will most likely be confused about quite a few of the events, and the dialogue.
This basically.

I enjoyed BW2 a lot more than BW. BW just felt so... plain for some reason. Didn't enjoy it so much :S

Shadowcloud92

Magic Bounce
The only reason you need to play B/W first is to get the most out of the Unova storyline. Other than that and a few exclusive/ better areas, (Undella town mainly) I would recommend B/W 2 because it feels
more complete, you have a much wider selection of pokemon to choose from, theres far more to do post game ( Pokestar Studios is the best sidequest the pokemon games have had in years) and the cast is in my opinion better than those from the first game.

Cerex

There is only one thing I hate about B/W 2 where I would have preferred things the way they were in B/W and that's the Breeder's Trainer Class new mechanic. It would be totally fine if their teams increased in difficulty each time you battle them, at least then you could gain some meaningful experience points, but with their teams static they serve more like punishments for exploring the region more than anything else. That Breeder on Route 4 has caught me so many times.

Other than that, B/W 2 is so much better than B/W, B/W seems incomplete by comparison. My experience might be bias because I played B/W and can pick up on all of the changes, but on its own merits it's a really good Pokemon game.

Canada

Banned
Personally I prefer B2W2 over BW

Chrosion

#1 waifu
By now you've probably already chosen, but I'd say BW2 since it has more events now, and even if you might not think so, there are very few times where the dialogue will confuse you.

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
I look forward to play B/W2.
I have Black , so.. which one should I buy ?
B 2 or W 2 ?

Thank you in advance.

The only obvious differences I can think of right now is that White 2 has an Easy Mode after beating it and Black 2 has a Hard Mode after beating it.

Volitide

Metempsychosis
Black 2 & White 2 has me won over. Black & White wern't awful, but I found myself bored between Gym challenges. Black 2 & White 2 feels like a fresh start, & hardly ever makes refference to Black & White. Plus, more Pokemon! Also, Black 2 & White 2 have the new option to use another Repel without having to take time to go to your Bag, which is a nice asset. They're both fine games, I just find more in Black 2 & White 2.

Everyone should buy both BW1 and BW2 because they are connected, but if you would have to choose between them, buy BW2 because it has new forms, more pokemon, new places, and different gyms and elite 4 and just better than BW1.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
By now you've probably already chosen, but I'd say BW2 since it has more events now, and even if you might not think so, there are very few times where the dialogue will confuse you.

Indeed I have, and I went with White. :)

I've done a lot of my shiny hunting on there, as well as a lot of raising and becoming attached to a lot of my Pokemon, so I'm not really sure which version should be my "main" game, per se. Any thoughts on that?

Kall El

..Silence..
BW & BW2 are games that go together.
You can enjoy BW2 but with BW you get the full experience.
From meeting Cheren & Bianca, fighting N & Plasma to Isshu two years later, playing both chronologically is your best bet.
Which is better? BW2 easily. Has far more perks & advantages. I'll just name a few that come to me otherwise tl;dr.
Isshu is much bigger with much more replay value in PokeStar Studios, PWT, several rematches, Black tower, several legendary mons.
Better graphics even if it's marginal. Niceties like auto-repel. The game is slightly less linear. Much more to do. Challenge key mode etc

The only advantage I'll give to BW is it's a unique experience that NOT even BW2 can perform as BW2 is two years later.
BW really feels like a new adventure & you get much more N/Ghetsis shenanigans. The story is much different to that in BW2.
However I think BW2 is FAR FAR FAR more advanced. Much more to do & just more awesomeness everywhere you look.

Black 2 and White 2 are more fun! But Black and White had a better storyline, it introduces Cheren, Bianca, N and Team Plasma you wouldn't want to miss on that?
If you want the full story for gen 5 then play both of the games as it will make a better understanding. If you don't care about the whole plot then get Black 2 or White 2.

Kall El

..Silence..
I think people as usual are being WAY too over critical of 5th Generation games
YER! I know that's as fans it's our job to be critical, the voice of the series but there's a limit!
Everywhere you look there's a nostalgic fan boy ala "gen wunner".
I won't even elaborate on that as it's self-explanatory.
If you're nostalgic, tough luck because chances are you're missing out on the big THINGS in Pokemon, how utterly sad!

I strongly feel that BW/BW2 especially BW2 are the best games we've had so far..yes you heard me..
Of course if your nostalgic then it's all about Kanto/Johto or Hoenn, there's always that boohaa regardless.
Linearity apparently kills the experience. BS! Sure linear structures aren't as fun but they're not that bad! SNM..
Apparently purple dirt and pokeballs are better designed mons then the ice cream cones.
Subjectivity. Bias & stupidity. Need I say more? People think that everything made in "Gen wun" was amazing.
Gen 5 however they're "apparently" running out of ideas.

Isshu was amazing, I liked the bridges in particular.
Great region slightly tainted by the linear progress.
Gamefreak held their own & I applaud them for that.
The greater emphasis on story driven plots was amazing much better then past games.
We got great character development, again much better then past games.
Music was above awesomeness in BW2.
The Pokemon were AWEsum :] I don't base my opinions over the scrawny gen wunners & their awesome Rattata's.

As posted earlier both games go hand in hand very well. Playing both gives you the full experience
but it's not a necessity just better that way.
BW1 were great introduction to Isshu, better then DP were for Sinnoh IMO..YEAH!
BW2 was a great sequel and major improvement over it's predecessor.
Actually I think putting it simply, BW2 are the best games we've had so far.
They had everything. Great music, decent storyline, HUGE dex, plenty of post-game, PWT & past characters, medal system & even the PokeStar studios which I enjoyed..& just so much more..

Last edited:
I like black/white2 because after finishing the gameplay I have the join avenue and hidden grottos to look forward to. Plus the antique shop in join avenue is my main source for shards now.

Status
Not open for further replies.