• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

B/W vs B/W 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbodor.

From what I have been told, Black 2 and White 2 are better.
I just wanted an excadrill,Volcarona that's why I wanted the games, so in my case 1 or 2 did not matter as the two Pokemon I mentioned are in both games.
However in the sequels there are much more to do.

GenerationThird

Black and White 2 are much better in my opinion. Better story, cool new gym leaders, Pokemon from other generations. The list goes on and on.

b92bomber

IMO, BW1 is better than BW2. I really loved the story, especially seeing the growth of certain characters. Also I enjoyed the whole feeling that I got from being restricted to only Unova pokemon until the end of the game. Originally I didn't like any of the Unova pokemon at all, and I still don't like the starters or the Vanillite line, but Krookodile, Ferrothorn, and several others have grown to be some of my favorite pokemon out of the entire series, and if I had played BW2 first, I probably wouldn't have even given them a chance.

MrsHoran

Eevee Lover
BW1 or BW2 it would be a hard decision cuz they are both good hmmmmmm i cant decide because they are both better in there own ways ;133;

SmellYaLater

I've only played B/W and it was quite good. Not sure weather to get BW2 though if its worth it or not

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I played both games, but I slightly loved Black 2 and White 2 better due to the extra features. However, if you are the kind who cares about plot continuity it is advised you do play both Black/White and Black 2/White 2.

I'd have to say BW2. The addition of the Pokemon World Tournament was an AMAZING idea and one that many were looking forward to. Hopefully they build on that good response and continue it for future games. The way they revamped Black City/White Forest was nice as well as the egg system. Hidden Grottos were nice as well. Probably the 2nd hardest Pokemon game i've played to date due to the high levels of the pokemon you face (hardest pkmn game imo is yellow).

mihaz

World Tournament. This represents the win of the "sequels" for me.^^

garretslarrity

Unova Champion
I certainly enjoyed the sequel more, mainly thanks to the small features like the Repel prompt, the Medal System, new areas, yadda, yadda, yadda. However, the sequel storyline is without question incomplete without first playing the original, so I would certainly recommend both. Start with Black or White, then after you finish that, play the respective sequel. Black -> Black 2 or White -> White2.

Also, do not forget to use the Memory Link right away when starting the sequel!

Didn't even think of the repel prompt. Hope they bring that one to gen 6 as well lol

Mr. L 500

YOOM-TAH!
I think that B/W had a better plot/storyline, but B2/W2 had a lot more features.

R3dB4r0n

Breeder/Trader
A lot of the features in B/W2 made the game for me. PWT, Join Avenue, Black Tower/White Tree Hollow, are all such awesome additions.

I will say, I felt the story of B/W2 got gruelling at times, seemingly having to fight the rival team in every bloody town got vexing quickly. But the post-Elite Four gameplay is so worth it.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
I think that B/W had a better plot/storyline, but B2/W2 had a lot more features.

This pretty much the sum of it all.

Idk, maybe because I've been playing these games since yellow that the story isn't really all that important to me (and when you see continuous story mechanics it just gets to dull to quick), b2 really did it for me by adding in way more features, so really it becomes story versus game play.

Volts

Volt Tackle
I missed the release of BW, so I didn't know till BW2 came out. So I've just played Black 2.

bushie

i personally prefered WHITE1 over WHITE2. i'm not big on competitive battling so PWT wasn't that big for me even though i liked the concept, i did however loved the fusion of kyurem and reshirsm/zekrom[i called it btw ever since white first came out]. the movie making aspect is tedious and little boring,i was excited at first got tired of it pretty quickly same goes for hidden grotto. i did enjoy joint avenue however. i felt the sequel was just released to coincide with the movie [showcasing kyurem fuse]and sell some more games while we wait for XY. the story felt cliched and undetailed my opinion. N/ghetsis return. Also i thought the whole frozen map and plasma freezing opelucid town they should had expanded the freezing maybe frozen the more of eastern unova if not all rather than just one town but i will say this the cutscenes were UNBELIEVABLE

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
B/ W 2 definitely.

More Pokémon in both pre and post game, tougher trainers, more locations to explore and best of all: Join Avenue and PWT.

I am going to be really sad if X and Y doesn't have a place like Join Avenue. It's so convenient!

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I think Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 are better, even though I've played them less than Pokemon Black and White, everything is much more improved and well, it is still kind of new too I guess? I do think BW have a better plot and a different feel to it than BW2, probably 'cause it's the first time playing a 5th gen game.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I like black and white 2 more, however, this is why the originals are better
the originals have a better story line
you can catch tympole, durant, and heatmor before you beat the game
there are more trainers with more than 1 pokemon

I honestly preferred BW, BW2 felt a bit lazy to me. The story was really half-assed and didn't feel a necessary addition to what was presented in their predecessors.

It was a neat experiment, but for all intents and purposes, it was probably my least favorite pair of the series. I loved the "fresh start" in BW, the new world, the way the characters were all presented, it was all very well-thought-out whereas BW2 didn't give me the same feeling. I liked the new side features, but other than that, it fell apart in other regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.