• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Baa

Spoinky

becstar xoxo!!
Recently I have been making banners using Photoshop Elements 2 and I thought I'd post them to get some Crit :) Oh, and BTW, Elements 2 doesn't have selective colouring O:

v.1
oooooo-1.png
v.2
Surfcopy.png

Lappy.png
Shellos-1.png

OMO.png
YUMMEH.png

MADDIEEEEEEEEEEEE-1.png

Drko3.png

As you can see, I often use the same style but occasionally I do different things<33 C+C would be much appreciated :DD​

Last edited:

treespyro

Vintage much?
You Could do so much with Photoshop, try and add more flare to it and it doesn' look that great with the Old style look.

Spoinky

becstar xoxo!!
You Could do so much with Photoshop, try and add more flare to it and it doesn' look that great with the Old style look.

Ok, thankyou :D

That's kinda why I posted this thread, I know I can do better on Elements 2 however I really don't know how. When I try using tuts, alot of them have things which you can't do on Elements 2 and so by posting, people may be able to "suggest" things which could help me :DDDD Or something like that @_@

treespyro

Vintage much?
Well The backgrounds are very dull and the surfing Pic looks great but you can't see the surfboard because of the lighting tint

Spoinky

becstar xoxo!!
the surfing Pic looks great but you can't see the surfboard because of the lighting tint

Thankyou :D Sadly my PSD file flattened the layers somehow so I can't edit the lighting tint however I tried to add more WOW to it O:

Surfcopy.png

It's on of the only times you'll see me using Rainbow gradients, I usually refrain from using them O: C+C please. And if possible I'd like to know if it's better or worse the the original one :D

Editlol:
Shinie.png

Last edited:

*~Aipom Star~*

5 Years Time~
I love them. I really do. I wish I could even make mine as good as yours, even though you said you can do better!
I love the crumpled paper effect is cool and the rainbow notepad behind Swalot is my fave! The Buneary one is adorable - I also love the effects on that one.
The surfing one is so pretty and bright and I think that is an eyecatchinh design.

Keep up the good work - can't wait to see more!

Omg! You said you wanted crit but these are just so good :D. I really like the lod-western kinda of look. Probaly my fave one would be the shellos (<3) or the buneary. Soo cute. Maybe some critism would be to be a little neater on them? And for the grumpig one, be a little more creative.

Can't wait to see more!

Sunraichu

goldenslaughterer
Well, I thought I would comment on these. x3

The surfer one is very creative. The second one is def. better than the first one, I usually don't like banners so big, but the rainbow effect is really creative.

The pokemon ones seem a bit similar and unique at the same time. @__@. But, my favorite pokemon on has got to be Swalot. I love the background on it <333 but the Shellos one is nice, too.

The Panda one is really nice, I have no comments on this one, the background seems similar to the one on Omanyte and Buneary.

Shiny Grumpig one is win. I told you that before, but I really like this one the best.

The only thing that seems to be missing on these is a few more designs and effects, perhaps play around with it a bit more. But you're getting better with each banner. Your style is very unique and rare.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
Wow, these look amazing! First of all I love the Grumpig banner, it looks beyond amazing.
The shellos picture, I would have went for a more interesting picture of Shellos like you have a great interesting picture of the other pokemon, the background I don't like a tad muted in color, but thats just my thought on it. Buneary get 2 thumbs waa-y up in the air on my tippy-toes, its so cute! And I love stripes so much, but in three of them all have vertical lines, but you never would really have all three pictures together, eh?
All these pictures get a 9.5/10, they are fabulous.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
Wow, these look amazing! First of all I love the Grumpig banner, it looks beyond amazing.
The shellos picture, I would have went for a more interesting picture of Shellos like you have a great interesting picture of the other pokemon, the background I don't like a tad muted in color, but thats just my thought on it. Buneary get 2 thumbs waa-y up in the air on my tippy-toes, its so cute! And I love stripes so much, but in three of them all have vertical lines, but you never would really have all three pictures together, eh?

Spoinky

becstar xoxo!!
I love them. I really do. I wish I could even make mine as good as yours, even though you said you can do better!
I love the crumpled paper effect is cool and the rainbow notepad behind Swalot is my fave! The Buneary one is adorable - I also love the effects on that one.
The surfing one is so pretty and bright and I think that is an eyecatchinh design.

Keep up the good work - can't wait to see more!

Thankyou very much ^^ Though I think you already make really good banners :D

Omg! You said you wanted crit but these are just so good :D. I really like the lod-western kinda of look. Probaly my fave one would be the shellos (<3) or the buneary. Soo cute. Maybe some critism would be to be a little neater on them? And for the grumpig one, be a little more creative.

Can't wait to see more!

Thanks ;D
Well, I thought I would comment on these. x3

The surfer one is very creative. The second one is def. better than the first one, I usually don't like banners so big, but the rainbow effect is really creative.

The pokemon ones seem a bit similar and unique at the same time. @__@. But, my favorite pokemon on has got to be Swalot. I love the background on it <333 but the Shellos one is nice, too.

The Panda one is really nice, I have no comments on this one, the background seems similar to the one on Omanyte and Buneary.

Shiny Grumpig one is win. I told you that before, but I really like this one the best.

The only thing that seems to be missing on these is a few more designs and effects, perhaps play around with it a bit more. But you're getting better with each banner. Your style is very unique and rare.

Thankyou :D I think the reason the Panda looks similar to Omanyte was because I used the same texture, just in a different spot.

Thankyou very much :D Usually vertical stripes are easiest for me too use x_x

New picture:

igsey.png

A club banner O: BTW, this was made before the comments so it is lacking effects.

Edit:
Floatsy-1.png

This was made in the same style as the Grumpig one but with a bit more added (more layers Duplicated, brushes etc.)

Last edited:

PurpleMew

no promises
Well what do we have here. some wonderful yet one evil graphics.
(evil is shellos)

Well hai spoinky i really love the old style paper texture you use from some of them and the lightening is awsome and the retro yet awsome brushes you chose match the graphics really well and i would just like to say you are improving from when i first saw your work and the surfer one like you said needs light adjustment.

And the shellos one smells. joke.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
Umm...animal lovers club? So are you a member? :D It's an excellent banner. I have seen Lovely Floatzal's banner, I even sent her a message on it it was that good. So I may sound a little lazy to look for it now, but do you have a shop? I would love a banner from you.

Spoinky

becstar xoxo!!
Well what do we have here. some wonderful yet one evil graphics.
(evil is shellos)

Well hai spoinky i really love the old style paper texture you use from some of them and the lightening is awsome and the retro yet awsome brushes you chose match the graphics really well and i would just like to say you are improving from when i first saw your work and the surfer one like you said needs light adjustment.

And the shellos one smells. joke.

YOUR ALIVE: :DDDDDDD And thankyou but Shellos was 300x300, I dun no why it increased D:

Umm...animal lovers club? So are you a member? :D It's an excellent banner. I have seen Lovely Floatzal's banner, I even sent her a message on it it was that good. So I may sound a little lazy to look for it now, but do you have a shop? I would love a banner from you.

ATM I don't have a shop but you can request via Profile messaging if you want ^^ And I am the owner of the Animal Lovers Club O:

Spinda O:
ilyluiscopy.png

LOTAD :DDDD

Luis-4.png

Candice:

Nicky.png

Last edited:
Ohhh I like the Candice one :O
but the backround could be a better choice. Also I like the loatad one, lazy mexican,rofl.
Oh and the spinda one= I don't really like it maybe cause i don't like spinda. Just something about makes me, i don't know.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
I love the rainbow Spinda! So cute. *^_^* The lotad banner looks perfect, but um...lazy mexican? Candice! What is she doing so far away from her frozen gym? She looks happy though!
Cool, I didn't know you were the owner of that club.
Well, you can expect a banner request from me one of these days spoinky, if you would be so kinda to agree to make one for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Spoinky

becstar xoxo!!
Ohhh I like the Candice one :O
but the backround could be a better choice. Also I like the loatad one, lazy mexican,rofl.
Oh and the spinda one= I don't really like it maybe cause i don't like spinda. Just something about makes me, i don't know.

Thankyou ;D Just, the thing is with the candice one, the background was already on it and it looked really copy-pastish so yeah ><

I love the rainbow Spinda! So cute. *^_^* The lotad banner looks perfect, but um...lazy mexican? Candice! What is she doing so far away from her frozen gym? She looks happy though!
Cool, I didn't know you were the owner of that club.
Well, you can expect a banner request from me one of these days spoinky, if you would be so kinda to agree to make one for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou<3 I was thinking of Lombre when I made the banner and Lombre clearly is a mexican with it's sombrero and all and lombre looks lazy. But I wanted Lotad so that's what happened O: And of course I can make you something ;DDDD
I love them all, they are flawless! My personal favorite is the Shellos one. The "Lazy Mexican Lotad" is halarious!

Thankyou <333

Here is a banner I made for Sunraichu. I made 3 forms of it to soee what it would look like:

Normal Shiny Purple :D

kirby8933083

mai husbando
I like the original one the most, but am I the only one to think this or what; Well the banner looks spectacular, but don't ya think Raichu's mouth is rather large? I like how you did the various other colors. -^_^-
I was thinking that about the sombrero, but I just wanted to make sure. I just noticed this, you seem to like to put stars on some of your banners in it seems like corners. I really like that, stars are my favorite shapes, and it just adds another cute detail.

Pokelight_Admin

All three Raichu pictures are cool! I love the Purple Raichu. As mentioned before, the stars are a nice addition to your art. Escpecailly when the main pokemon is Raichu. Raichu and stars fit together everytime!

Although those images are requests, the text at the bottom could have looked better in a different, more "fun" font such as "Digital" or "Comic Sans".

Either way, the art looks fantastic!