• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Baby Pokemon: Breeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staryu

I know, I know..
I checked up in the Pokédex, and I'm kinda confused on how to obtain some baby pokemon, such as Pichu, Igglybuff, Azurill.

For Pichu, for example, it says Breed Pikachu/Raichu

Does this mean you can breed a Pikachu with a Roselia? (In the same breeding group as Pikachu), or must you breed 2 Pikachus?

Any help is appreciated =D ;172;

Xtra

You will be missed:(
The female must be in the same evolutionary line of the pokemon tyou're trying to get. In your example, for example, the female must be a Pikachu or Raichu. The male can be any pokemon in the same breeding group.

Also, if you have a Ditto, you can put the Ditto in with either a male or female of the evolutionary line.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
You breed a male member of the Fairy group with a Pikachu/Raichu to get Pichu.

Alternatively, you can breed a Ditto with a Pikachu/Raichu of any gender to get Pichu.

Basically, get the female version of the Pokemon that grew up from the baby, get a Ditto, or both.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
it's as simple as they say ... except for two instances:

to get a wynaut, one of the parents must be holding lax incense, and to get azurill, one of the parents must hold sea incense. both of these are found in mount pyre.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Well, and to add something else, if you get two of the same Pokemon, they will produce an egg faster.

Volteon

Back I guess??
Yes, lookie here:
16. Q: The guy at the daycare says my Pokemon don't like each other! Why? Will they breed?

A: Yes! The message that you'll get when the Pokemon are not compatible is "They prefer to play with other Pokemon." The phrase, and how many steps it takes to get an Egg, depends on your Pokemon's species and trainer ID number.

Different IDs and Same Species = Fast "The two seem to get along very well."
Different IDs and Different Species OR Same IDs and Same Species = Medium "The two seem to get along."
Same IDs and Different Species = Slow "The two don't seem to like each other."

It is best to use a pika from one game and a pika from another if you want quick eggs. It is still quick even if you dont. just go around the first 3 islands, check ,repeat if necessary

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
Shiney_Hunter_Tauros_Rule said:
It is best to use a pika from one game and a pika from another if you want quick eggs. It is still quick even if you dont. just go around the first 3 islands, check ,repeat if necessary
this is in the R/S/E discussions, so i would assume they're dealing with the daycare on route 117.

Staryu

I know, I know..
Thanks, everyone! My Marill & Pikachu produced 2 eggs, one was a Pichu! The other hasn't hatched..

Status
Not open for further replies.