• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Back from the Battlefields, Blasting the Stereo (OU Semi-CRMT)

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Introduction: Hey IGRMT, I'm back after a week's vacation in Gettysburg, PA. Some interesting stuff happened during the trip, but one of the best was the three-day re-enactment of the battle that I got to participate in. That gave me the inspiration for a solid new team.

In addition, several of my favorite songs fit the team members well, so it's also a Musical RMT.

Team Building Process

;485;

The first thing I needed for this team was a heavy hitter that is almost impossible to block. Choice Specs Heatran is that Pokemon. Fire Blast 2HKO's Vaporeon after Stealth Rock damage, so it's almost impossible to wall.

;485;;251;

Next, I needed the best Heatran partner in the Metagame. What better than Tink Celebi? CeleTran is a nearly invincible synergy combination, and Celebi can provide T-Wave support, which Heatran loves.

;130;;485;;251;

Then, I needed a Bulky Water, preferably a pysical attacker. Bulky DD Gyara is the premier Bulky Water now that Mence is banished to Ubers.

;068;;130;;485;;251;

My fourth choice is always my Lead, and Machamp is an excellent lead for my team.

;068;;205;;130;;485;;251;

After that, I needed both a Pokemon to lay Entry Hazzards and a Rapid Spinner. Foretress is the only Pokemon that can fill both criteria in OU.

;068;;094;;205;;130;;485;;251;

Gengar fills the last slot as my Spin Blocker, revenge killer, and Special Sweeper.​

Injection by Rise Against on The Sufferer & the Witness

Deliver Us From Evil by Bullet For My Valentine on Scream- Aim- Fire

I Don't Care by Apocalyptica on Worlds Collide

And the Hero Will Drown by Story of the Year on Page Avenue

Goodbye by SR-71 on Tomorrow

Home by Three Days Grace on Three Days Grace

The Lead​

*Injection*
mmachamp.png

Machamp @ Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 240 Hp / 244 Atk / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Ability: No Guard
-Dynamicpunch
-Payback
-Ice Punch
-Bullet Punch

Why I Chose Machamp: Machamp has become extremely popular as an OU lead recently, and for good reason. Machamp only has problems with an extremely small number of opposing leads, and if used properly, it can continue to deal high ammounts of damage all the way into late game. It's definitely reliable on a team like mine.

EVs: I've only made a small change from the usual Lead Machamp's EV spread, and that's adding 4 EVs to Speed from Attack so I can outspeed the standard Blissey and other Lead Machamp. The small SpD investment along with the HP ensures that Machamp will not be KO'ed by a Lead Azelf's Psychic. The Attack is self-explanatory.

The Song: Machamp obviously uses steriods, how else could it get so buff?

Synergy:
Flying: Heatran
Psychic: Heatran | Forretress | Celebi

Special Sweeper/Revenge Killer/Spin Blocker

*Deliver Us From Evil*
mgengar.png

Gengar @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EV's: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Levitate
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-HP Fire
-Substitute

Why I Chose Gengar: It's the most offensively powerful Spin Blocker in OU, and it's brilliant typing allows it to switch into a ridiculous number of attacks. If it gets a Substitute up, it can easily destroy half a team.

EVs: Standard Gengar. Max Speed and Special Attack allows it to move fast and hit hard. That simple.

The Song: How many times has Gengar saved my skin? He'll reach into the darkness and drag my team back from the brink of certain defeat.

Synergy:
Ghost: Heatran | Forretress
Dark: Machamp | Heatran | Forretress
Psychic: Heatran | Forretress

Rapid Spinner/Spiker/Physical Tank

*I Don't Care*
mforretress.png

Forretress @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Ability: Sturdy
-Payback
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin

Why I Chose Forretress: The only reason I'm using Foretress is out of basic necessity for a Rapid Spinner and Spiker. I dislike using him because of his weak Special Defense, which leaves him wide open to a huge range of attacks. However, Foretress has solid typing and is a good spinner, so he gets the spot on my team. With this Special Defensive spread, he also somewhat compensates for his Special weakness. Payback is his strongest move with this set, and it allows him to move Spin Blockers aside.

EVs: Special Utility Foretress is all about defense against Special moves, so max Special Defense is a necessity. Max Hp for more overall bulk. The remaining 4 EV's go in Defense.

The Song: Foretress doesn't give a damn about your entry hazzards, he spins them away and then throws his own down.

Synergy:
Fire: Heatran | Gyarados

Bulky Water/Physical Tank

*And the Hero Will Drown*
mgyarados.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 156 Hp / 72 Atk / 96 Def /184 Spe
Ability: Intimidate
-Waterfall
-Return
-Dragon Dance
-Taunt

Why I Chose Gyarados: Gyarados is an incredibly powerful sweeper if it's set up properly, and on top of that, it breaks apart stall with Taunt. It also allows me to weaken powerful physical attackers just by switching in.

EVs: The Hp allows Gyarados to survive two LO Heatran Fire Blasts after SR Damage. The Defense EVs allows Gyarados to avoid a 2HKO by Quick Attack by Choice Band Scizor, as well as a CB Dragonite's Outrage after Intimidate. 184 Speed EVs allow Gyarados to outspeed Choice Scarf Tyranitar and +Speed base 115s after a Dragon Dance. The rest are put into Attack for extra power.

The Song: Gyarados is the destroyer of hope for my opponents. It will grab their strongest team member and drown them with its powerful Waterfall.

Synergy:
Electric: Celebi
Rock: Machamp

Special Attacker/Destroyer of Entire Teams

*Goodbye*
mheatran.png

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Ability: Flash Fire
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse
-Stealth Rock

Why I Chose Heatran: Heatran is one of the most powerful Special Attackers in the game, and it has access to a myriad of powerful attacks that make even the most sturdy Special Walls quake in fear. A Flash Fire Boosted Specs Fire Blast will 2HKO Blissey after Spikes/SR damage. How many Special Attackers can say that?

EVs: Max Speed and Power, duh.

The Song: Basically, Heatran shows up, says "Goodbye!" and kills whatever he's facing with Fire Blast.

Synergy:
Water: Gyarados | Celebi
Fighting: Gengar | Gyarados | Celebi
Ground: Gengar | Gyarados | Celebi

Special Attacker/Crippler

*Home*
251.png

Celebi @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
EVs: 232 Hp / 240 SpA / 36 Spe
Ability: Natural Cure
-Leaf Storm
-HP Fire
-Recover
-Thunder Wave

Why I Chose Celebi: Celebi is an excellent supporter, it can absorb status, cripple sweepers, blow holes in tanks, and cause havoc in general for my opponents.

EVs: Slight variation to the standard. The Hp reduces LO recoil to the minimum while granting the highest possible Hp stat. The SpA is usually 244 to ensure an OHKO on Max Hp Ttar in Sandstorm, but I moved 4 to Speed to keep up with the goal of outspeeding Jolly Tyranitar. HP Fire lowers my Speed IV, so it's necessary. The goal of OHKOing Max Hp Ttar isn't affected at all.

The Song: Celebi is a Pokemon that I can really use to its fullest potential. I'm in my element, at home with using Celebi.

Synergy:
Flying: Heatran
Fire: Heatran | Gyarados
Poison: Heatran | Forretress | Gengar
Bug: Heatran | Gengar | Gyarados | Machamp | Forretress
Ice: Heatran | Forretress
Ghost: Heatran | Forretress
Dark: Machamp | Heatran | Forretress​

Opinion: The team is great, it's really a powerhouse. The only thing I'd like is an easier way to use Stealth Rock, but it's not really a big concern.

Cheers, and fire away!

Last edited:

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
[Face explodes from awesomeness...Again]
Umm... MixApe might be a problem, maby you can use a ScarfTran + Modest. I also noticed Heatran has SR, does it have some sorta master strategy?

[/SPAM]

[GS]

Staring at my phone
An Infernape lead could possibly fit. He can pretty much guarantee
Stealth Rock unless he's Taunted, and can come out later and do
some damage if he survives. Machamp, however, is much sturdier
and probably the better choice. :/

The other option is to give SR to Forre/Celebi.

Hope this helps, you didn't leave much to rate. ^^

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
[Face explodes from awesomeness...Again]
Umm... MixApe might be a problem, maby you can use a ScarfTran + Modest.

Lol.

MixApe isn't much of a problem so long as I predict his moves correctly. If I can get Gengar in on a Close Combat, then I can easily KO it with Shadow Ball. Opposing Gengar are more problematic, but I can still play around them.

Btw, just for future reference, you always want to run ScarfTran with a Naive nature so Explosion doesn't lose power, and you want speed > power. Heatran only has Base 77 Speed, so even when scarfed, he's outsped by Base 125 and up Pokemon if he's using a neutral nature. With the popularity of Jolteon higher than ever and the popularity of Weavile on the rise again, you'll want that extra speed.

I also noticed Heatran has SR, does it have some sorta master strategy?

No, it's just filler. If I get an opportunity which I usually don't, I can lay SR using him and then switch.

An Infernape lead could possibly fit. He can pretty much guarantee
Stealth Rock unless he's Taunted, and can come out later and do
some damage if he survives. Machamp, however, is much sturdier
and probably the better choice. :/

Yeah, not to mention that Nape would clash with Heatran.

The other option is to give SR to Forre/Celebi.

Hm. Celebi is a no-go, but I could probably manage it on Foretress. I'd have to change his set to the Specially Defensive variant, but it'd be worth it.

Hope this helps, you didn't leave much to rate. ^^

Definitely helpful, thanks mang.

EDIT: Updated the first post with a Synergy section and changes in bold.

Last edited: