• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Back sprites for Blue, Green and Yellow

Trikeboy

Hey,

After my last plan for a game hit a dead end I have finally found motivation to try again. I actually have a plan this time instead of just going with it. In this game, I want Red, Blue, Green and Yellow to appear so I needed back sprites. I looked and couldn't find anything I liked or at all. So, I made my own. These are the first back sprites I have made so they probably aren't the best. I would welcome any and all suggestions for making them better.

Well, here they are:

V2
bgybacksprites.png

As you can see, they are not available for use, yet at least. If I allow them to be used I will update the thread saying so. As for now, look but don't touch

One last thing, please no arguing about the names of the top two trainers. If you prefer them switched around that is your preference. I'm using those names.

Last edited:

Cheez Puf

Just lurking.
Blue looks good; my only nitpick would be that the shading towards the top of her head seems like it should shift some due to 'movement' from frame to frame a bit. Basically an edit of Leaf's backsprite, but still a good job nonetheless. Green's hair seems like it could use a bit more refinement... it looks like there's chunky clumps of pixels due to resizing. Other than that, pretty good. Yellow looks good, but her outline seems a bit blocky in places.

Overall, not bad. Keep up the good work.

Trikeboy

Thank you for your feedback, I have made new versions of my sprites taking what you said into account. I hope they now look better. Yes, Blue is an edit of Leaf. I added the top of the head and the squared off hair behind her ear as per the manga. She is also wearing her black dress and I removed the strap of her bag.