• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Backwards compatibility with Switch?

.Aerodactyl.

My apologies miss if this I'd a bad topic, or already been answered. Tosly understand if it needs to be deleted.

I wanted to theorize and discuss how these games could work, practically on the switch. I mean, we essentially have multiple save files now, yeah? Cause it goes by account? Can Pokebank be brought onto the Switch for backwards compatibility? (Maybe it already is in switch and I'm late to the game?). I'm trying to wrap my head around how pokebank is gonna work on a system with multiple accounts. How does it connect to my save specifically? Can you have multiple pokebank accounts on the switch or just one?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Well they're definitely bringing the bank to Switch, how it'll work is unknown.

I wouldn't really bet on multiple accounts though.

.Aerodactyl.

Doesnt each account have to have its own online membership?
It does, but you can also buy online membership at only a slightly higher cost for multiple accounts. I'd have to ask my husband what it is, but I think we have online for five accounts? We use one for each of us and a third we donated to the Switch at our church so the kids could use it. So it can go to multiple devices.

EDIT: Just asked the hubby, it's the family subscription. It's double the regular one, but allows for four accounts to go online (possibly five, he doesn't remember)

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm more curious about what all the games that could transport to Gen 8. We have Pokemon Go and Let's Go as well.

DjautheJackal

The Anubian Jackal
I'm honestly tempted to say 'No' to backwards compatibility just to force them to include all non-event pokemon in the game (either in dex or postgame); which is something pokemon sorely is missing.

Golden_Arcanine

I'm honestly tempted to say 'No' to backwards compatibility just to force them to include all non-event pokemon in the game (either in dex or postgame); which is something pokemon sorely is missing.

I would hope GameFreak learned from their mistakes with GSC and moving into RSE. There was a big uproar for the fact that we had to leave all of our Mons in GSC. I'd imagine we're going to be able to go from Gen 7 to Gen 8, but probably not vice versa.

NeoDude-5000

Pokemon Bank 2.0 on the Switch, Poke Transporter to transfer from Pokemon Let's Go (Maybe Pokemon Go as well). You can probably link the Switch bank with the 3DS bank if your Nintendo Network ID (3DS account) is linked to your Nintendo Account (Switch account). Very simple

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
do you think they will ever release a pokemon game for the Wii U?

The Wii U is more dead than the 3DS.

And they already have like 2 spin offs in it.