• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bad, Bad Viz

Maxim

Beyond repair
I'll just leave it here...

I'd say something about this but I've already got banned from Bulbagarden for such comments...

Sorry for the trollish way to report the news but I'm feeling really lazy today.

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
So, this is about the volume problems of 14 and 15?

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Thats not a big deal. I bet they're waiting for the RS remakes before doing those books.

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
Thats not a big deal. I bet they're waiting for the RS remakes before doing those books.

I'm going with you, it took the release of HG/SS (and a ton of online petitions) just to get the G/S/C chapter translated, and it will be a while before the remakes come out (that is, IF Game Freak decides to make R/S remakes), so for now, just enjoy the fact that the B/W chapter is getting translated.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I read about this yesterday. It made me sad since the Ruby and Sapphire arc is my favorite arc in the entire series. I figure that people are right about Viz wanting to wait for R/S remakes before they translate the Ruby and Sapphire arc, though. Remakes would spark interest in everything related to Ruby and Sapphire, and Viz probably wants to cash-in on that later on.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Wonder what that means for FRLG? It's extremely unlikely for another Kanto remake. Wish they would just release them properly and regularly.

DanteKoriyu

I'll post this here as well, since I didn't originally see the topic when I posted in the other one...
---------------------------

So I emailed them with a bit of a rant yesterday while inquiring on the validity of the rumor, and I got an answer today.
067ks.jpg

I asked a multitude of questions, ranging from asking: if they were going to release any of the portions of the series between GSC and DPPt, to asking why Black and White was rebranded without the "Adventures" portion of the title. Despite the customer service rep ignoring 90% of my questions, I did get a miniature answer and some advice.

The rep effectively confirmed that their plans were to not release volumes 15-29, but that doesn't mean they wont: "Basically, we are relaunching with vol. 30: Diamond and Pearl/Platinum. Unless of course, enough people demand the volumes in between?" Meaning if customer demand for the volumes is high enough, we'll get them.

That said, start emailing them. Email! Email! Email! Email! (customer.service@viz.com)

Last edited:

Lorde

Wonder what that means for FRLG? It's extremely unlikely for another Kanto remake. Wish they would just release them properly and regularly.

They probably won't translate the FR/LG arc until they're done with the R/S/E arcs.

I also don't think that e-mailing them will do much. It would be smarter for Viz to wait for R/S remakes, rather than for them to just release the R/S chapters now. I'm sure that they already decided on this months ago, so I doubt that they'll budge even if they get a ton of angry e-mails from the fans.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I agree that I don't think emails are going to help. They are clearly going to waiting for a RS remake at this point. Our only hope is Nintendo makes one. Hopefully a RS remale is the next Pokemon game coming out but we'll see.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
We've already gone over this.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I'm going with you, it took the release of HG/SS (and a ton of online petitions) just to get the G/S/C chapter translated, and it will be a while before the remakes come out (that is, IF Game Freak decides to make R/S remakes), so for now, just enjoy the fact that the B/W chapter is getting translated.
I'm assuming they kinda know more then they let on for obvious reasons this is why they avoid it for now. It's okay though it's not like this effect much aside from the references made in later chapters. It's not a plot hole or anything. We know it happens we just haven't read about and the comic assumes this this is why it explains where the reference came from.

Rex Kamex

Meh... I thought they were just taking a bit of break late in the year and a bit early next year since they were releasing

I'm sure remakes'll come. And they did say they currently didn't have plans for the R/S release. They'd

Looks like the end of the D/P arc'll get rewrites. Although it's awkward calling this the seventh chapter. I wonder how it'll be rewritten since it'd matter if they one day did translate the R/S arc.

We've already gone over this.

Yeah, but this really should've gotten its own thread.

matt0044

If this is the case, then they should not have brought over the DP chapter ahead of schedule.

Lorde

If this is the case, then they should not have brought over the DP chapter ahead of schedule.

You're right, although I think Viz only decided to release the D/P arc so that they could take advantage of the excess D/P/Pt hype. That's the only explanation that I've been able to come up with for their decision, although there may be something else I've missed.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
There's no reason not to jump ahead to DP at all...Most of the arcs are self contained with minor crossovers from other stories that are addressed immediately in that very panel when referenced.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
So I emailed them with a bit of a rant yesterday while inquiring on the validity of the rumor, and I got an answer today.
067ks.jpg

to asking why Black and White was rebranded without the "Adventures" portion of the title. D
:O They gave me the EXACT same response as well. http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/1dbad/save.jpg

The only difference was I only asked one question in the email they responded to. Just like you however though, I asked a bunch of different questions via a few different emails but they only responded to this one. Good idea about asking them about why they took Adventures off the title of the Black/White series though; that was the only thing I never thought to ask.

They probably won't translate the FR/LG arc until they're done with the R/S/E arcs.

It would be smarter for Viz to wait for R/S remakes, rather than for them to just release the R/S chapters now.
Even if R/S remakes come, they'll probably only translate Ruby/Sapphire.

...Not necessarily. If they release the R/S arc now they would still get sales from them, and they would still see a boost in sales if/when R/S remakes come out. They don't have to wait until the remakes to release them for profit, because they would make just as much profit if not more if they just released them now.

They are clearly going to waiting for a RS remake at this point. Our only hope is Nintendo makes one. Hopefully a RS remale is the next Pokemon game coming out but we'll see.
You know, this really makes me mad at them. Don't get me wrong, I understand waiting to release arcs to cash in on the hype, but that's very unprofessional of them. For one thing it's a big gamble which may or may not happen, and for another it's very unprofessional of a company to wait on publishing something until hype comes around for it, especially since there's a chance it might not. (which would mean we most likely wouldn't get it at all, which would be even more unprofessional)

That said however, I do hope Nintendo makes a R/S remake. I loved those games so I would love to play a remake of it, and if it's what has to happen for Viz to release R/S then I'm definitely for it. However, I still don't know how likely we are to get one, but I guess we'll see...

It's okay though it's not like this effect much aside from the references made in later chapters. It's not a plot hole or anything. We know it happens we just haven't read about and the comic assumes this this is why it explains where the reference came from.
While we may know what happens, most of the typical buyers won't, so it will be a plot hole. (and a spoiler if they ever do end up releasing those arcs) What happens in volume 37 and (especially) 38 are more than just references.

Meh... I thought they were just taking a bit of break late in the year and a bit early next year since they were releasing

Looks like the end of the D/P arc'll get rewrites. Although it's awkward calling this the seventh chapter. I wonder how it'll be rewritten since it'd matter if they one day did translate the R/S arc.
Why did you think they were going to take a break?

And I don't think so. The reference is not only with words but with images, so even if they did try to rewrite it we would still see the references. They'll probably just translate it as they're supposed to, and fans will be confused until the day we might get those volumes. And then they'll be spoiled.

They shouldn't have, but they didn't know at the time they announced the release of DP. (because volumes 37 and 38 weren't out then) Now it's too late for them to do anything about it though.

You're right, although I think Viz only decided to release the D/P arc so that they could take advantage of the excess D/P/Pt hype.
But there really isn't D/P/Pt hype here recently. It's more of HGSS and BW hype. My guess is they wanted a way to speed up the release and at the time DP had no prior arc connections, so they could get by with it. Plus they probably wanted to release something more current that Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal. (although Gold/Silver/Crystal worked out thanks to HeartGold/SoulSilver)

There's no reason not to jump ahead to DP at all...Most of the arcs are self contained with minor crossovers from other stories that are addressed immediately in that very panel when referenced.
True, but because DP has them now there is reason for them to not continue with it. But I doubt that'll stop Viz anyway, and they probably don't even realize it. (because if they did, I don't think they would be releasing DP or have put the R/S/FR/LG/E releases on hold.)

Hidden Mew

Fog Trainer
But there really isn't D/P/Pt hype here recently. It's more of HGSS and BW hype. My guess is they wanted a way to speed up the release and at the time DP had no prior arc connections, so they could get by with it. Plus they probably wanted to release something more current that Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal. (although Gold/Silver/Crystal worked out thanks to HeartGold/SoulSilver)

I agree, especially when the first volume of the D/P/Pl Adventure series came out last March when there was already a lot of hype for Black and White to come out. I actually don't mind that they skipped right ahead to that saga since it was more recent and was already released in volumes, unlike the Black and White Special, in Japan. Personally, I would have preferred seeing them release more manga volumes in shorter amount of time to get toe the D/P/Pl arc, but that's just me.

I'm quite disappointed with this news. Even if they are just waiting for R/S remakes, which will most likely happen, it just seems pretty lazy to leave over ten volumes to focus on releasing D/P/Pl and the BW Adventure manga, especially when their release of BW will most likely won't have all of the chapters a volume edition of Adventure has. I can see why they might want to want so that the sales could increase, but considering that they were releasing volumes of two different arcs, three once the BW saga releases come in, meant that it was already doing really well in sales. I do like how they are including the first few chapters of volume 15 in volume 14 though. Not only does that make more sense than having the ending of one arc and the beginning of another arc begin in one volume, but it also does mean that they wouldn't leave the G/S/C arc hanging without a conclusion. I do hope that they'll eventually release R/S volumes. I've heard good things about the other sagas, especially this one, so I would like to read the volumes for myself one day.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
In Viz's defense with DPPt they planned to release it before volume 37 and 38 came out. Before those volumes the DP chapter really could pass for it's own arc as there were very little references to the past and the Sinnoh Dexholders had no connections with anyone from past chapters. That was true until volume 38 and now Viz is screwed with plot holes since they don't plan to do RS and beyond.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
You guys do know that "at this time we have no plans to release x" is a standard reply to things without a formal announcement, right? NoA said the exact same thing about Platinum up until the day they announced it.

Also, Maxim, that is NOT why you were banned from Bulbagarden and I'll thank you to stop spreading lies about us.