• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bad Habits?

M4zz

Banned
I have a habit of continuosly fapping to a few of the female gym leaders.

No, in all seriousness, I blankly stare, without blinking, and while holding "A" in order to catch anything.

Skydra

I tend to Revive and Potion (Hyper, Max, Full Restore) stall powerful enemies so I don't have to go back and grind more to defeat them. Then afterI beat the game I train well enough to beat any opponent easily.

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
-I always rearrange moves in order of power on every Pokémon, with the strongest to the weakest.
-I'll use the bike even if I'm 3 spaces away from where I need to go. I'm that lazy.
-I always walk towards important events slowly, to make it seem more dramatic. Be it GYM Leaders, Elite 4, Legendaries etc.
-If I'm bored I'll try to synchronise the cries of the Pokémon in my PC with the Pokémon Center Music in any game.
-I'll always hold down A/try to press A with the throwing/shakes/clicks when using a Pokéball, even a Master Ball.

TyranitarFan

Professional Badass
when i battle in PBR i NEVER predict wats gonna happen 5 moves in advance, i just rush through it hoping im faster and i can 1hko the opponent. and my team is all about predictions -_-

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
I always give my pokemon the most powerful attack moves that I can give them. I usually never use moves that don't do and damage.

Cutty

Forever now
I don't really have bad habits. Maybe just for cloning items.
I never clone pokemon, RNG nor use cheating device.

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
my first pokemon game was pokemon pearl. I over trained my torterra because i thought palkia would be level 70. now my troterra is level 94. and my first pokemon in ANY game.

Aurath8

Before I fight the Elite 4 I must WALK across the region starting from my house at noon. Exactly noon. It wasn't any trouble in HG but it was a bit of a pain in Platinum. I can't wait for Black and White though. All gym cities, a desert and three long caves to get through. Then I've got to challenge the Elite 4 after all that walking. And then there's two more fights after that even. With theoretically lvl 45/46 pokemon. Why do I even bother?

Dattebayo

Banned
- I tilt my DS to match the rhythm of the Pokeball in hopes of capturing a Pokemon
- I don't buy healing items before a Gym battle
- I use weaker attacks whenever my opponent's Pokemon is in the red zone

gandaf

I never use TM's that i dont have more than one of because i fear i will need it later on, and so i always send massive amounts over when i trade pokemon over to my Diamond or HeartGold. So im happy i wont loose them in Black and White.
I never train a starter or Legendary more than once (and i only have trained to Legendaries because i dont like to use them, and i will redo a starter but only use the new one).
I always try to use pokemon that i dont see use often such as Dunsparce, Jynx, and Bellossom.
I am OCD about keeping my pokemon the same level.
I dont check stats and natures i just keep them the way i get them.
And most of all i give my pokemon weird moves that are effective but not normally used on them.(Swagger Milotic, Special Sweeper Claydol, ect.)

Last edited:

ToeyJoey

The Count
No, in all seriousness, I blankly stare, without blinking, and while holding "A" in order to catch anything.

I do that, except without holding "A." If I blink it escapes ~87% of the time.

ddthejj

Oddish lover
I try to keep all my pokemon the same level, although I DO sometimes tend to save up items... repeatedly and never use them. I also only use moves that hurt the opponent and never any others. I only keep with me the pokemon I caught first in the game; HG is Maganium (Yes I will trade you a Chicorita if you want one), Fearow, Golem, Mamoswine(Here is an acception to my rule, I needan an Ice type! I switched ot out for Arbok), Slowking, and Ledian.
;154; ;473; ;199; ;166; can't do Feather or Crusher icons!!!!!!!!!!:(:mad:

ddthejj

Oddish lover
- I tilt my DS to match the rhythm of the Pokeball in hopes of capturing a Pokemon
- I don't buy healing items before a Gym battle
- I use weaker attacks whenever my opponent's Pokemon is in the red zone

I kind of do the tilt thing, I push the arrow pad buttons in the direction it wiggles and yell "gotcha!" into the mike lol
I also ruch into gym battles without any stocked items. I always seem to win, though.
I can't use weaker attatcks when the other pokemon is in the red zome because I don't ususlly have weaker attacks XD

pokeaaron3

Shiny Collector
I know what moves to do when facing the people in the Top Trainer Cafe in Platinum. Also know what they will send out and which pokemon I should use first. Same thing for the Elite 4 now.
I also do that thing with the pokeball hoping it will get caught.

Karpi

Forever a pirate
I have a bad habit of never visiting the marts to buy items because it seems like wasted time... then of course I have to do all this crazy switching to make it out of caves alive because I have no items...

Marts would be much quicker but I never seem to learn...

Aside from that, I have this other habit of trying to imitate Brendan/May (your rival from RSE) where I don't catch any pokemon unless I'm absolutely sure it's going to be on my final team. Usually this involves me training 2 or 3 pokemon to obscenely high levels because I can't find the ones I want.

samhain88

Magikarp trainer
I never blink after I throw out a Pokeball when Im trying to catch a Pokemon.

Raveni

I always over rely on one Pokémon from the start, usually my starter and only teach offensive attacks usually.

725roy

ambivolent
try usin ultra balls on the legend only have them be caught in poke and great balls :p