1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Bad News...

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Discussion' started by Serebii, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

...Serebii.net is no more.

The server it was on, for lack of a better term, exploded and we lost all the data on it.

Luckily, I have the entire site backed up but its going to be a few days before the site is back up, alive and kicking....I have to reupload it from scratch which isnt a fun thing to do considering the size of the site.

Hopefully this wont adversely affect anything, it should be fully up, however I do warn, the last couple of times this has happened I have lost several sections of the site, hopefully I wont this time but no promises.

Will keep you aprised

2. AJ Flibble

AJ Flibble Emohawk

That explains why I couldn't get onto it earlier... ouch.

But the forums are OK, right? Well, I mean will they be.

3. NEO GOHAN

NEO GOHAN OVER NINE THOUSAAAND

dang, that bites. I was just about to check up on it. well, let's hope that it can be fixed or rehosted without too much of a dent in it.

NG

4. Serebii

Yeah forums are fine, we did a backup half an hour ago to be on the safe side

5. The Doctor

The Doctor Absolute Beginner

Well, that would explain why I couldn't get onto it earlier. Oh well, here's to a great website...and Joe, good luck with the next incarnation.

6. AJ Flibble

AJ Flibble Emohawk

Right. But still, ouch, that's pretty bad to lose the main site, even though I barely go on it.

7. Deoxytwo

Deoxytwo Riddle in an Enigma

Ya me too, I thought it was my internet. This had to happen today of all days didnt it? At least the forums are OK and I hope the site will be too when you get it back up Serebii.

8. Serebii

I didn't lose it, the server just went kaboom...just gotta upload 3GB of Pokemon site tis all

9. AJ Flibble

AJ Flibble Emohawk

Meh, my bad. Pretty ironic though isn't it really, on the "devil day?"

10. ♥Princess Ketchum♥

♥Princess Ketchum♥ #1 Ash Satoshi Lover

i am so sorry to hear Serebii :( and i will miss it anways i hope you get it back up!

~SG

11. SecretMew

SecretMew Well-Known Member

That's bad.. Well great that you had the sites back-up. The only thing what was strange/or a bit funny imo: that something bad happened on this day, (meaning the numbers). Because nothing bad hasn't happened here in Finland today 0.0.

12. JoshYEAH

JoshYEAH ???

Joe fell victim to 666 hax. The devil is coming for you Joe. Flee.

:(

Gutted about the site, just when I started going back on for the 'dex as well. Oh well :(

-Josh

13. Hyper Shadow

Hyper Shadow Well-Known Member

so thats why when I tryed to get on the site it instntly said "page cannot be displayed" I thought it was my cruddy internet sevice.

14. Omega Pirate

Omega Pirate shove it up ya bum!

Whoo, that first sentence scared the sh*t outta me!

Hopefully you don't lose anything.

Regards.

15. The Benmeister

The Benmeister Master of Magnet

No wonder I can't get on it.

I hope this isn't another prank like April Fools...this seems too coincidental, y'know, on the 'death day' (sorry for being superstisious but I just can't help it).

Well regardless, I hope the site gets back up soon enough.

16. Serebii

Na its not a prank...its just the gods hate me

17. NEO GOHAN

NEO GOHAN OVER NINE THOUSAAAND

sheesh, guys. the date's number is based on a calendar system developed less than 2000 years ago by normal men... neither God nor the Devil chooses doom day based on mortal-made calendars, people. and this? coincidence. THERE IS SUCH A THING AS COINCIDENCE![/rant]

sorry 'bout that, Joe.

18. Nathan Madien

Nathan Madien Me on a Good Day

I figured the site went down or something. It took me five minutes to realize that the forum is independent of the main site. Good luck to the repairman.

19. Atoyont

Atoyont Brains for brawn

You hit the nail on the head, The Benmeister. This is, quite obviously, another prank like the April Fool's absense of Avatars and Signatures. The title of the thread gives it away, too.

20. Jetx

Jetx hooray, it's Jetx!

Ouch... Good luck on re-uploading everything...

PS: T Lord, I don't think you have much experience as a webmaster, do you? Because server errors do happen and I doubt Serebii would lie about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.