• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bad News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteDHeat

Damnn...that sucks but keep your head up Serebii you will be alrigth!!=D

Theneedleman

crazyengage
Ouch....Hopefully everything will be reloaded okay. I'm glad the forums are okay though. Sorry about that...

Tommo_Volbeat

Not Tommo_Scizor
Serebii said:
...Serebii.net is no more.

The server it was on, for lack of a better term, exploded and we lost all the data on it.

Luckily, I have the entire site backed up but its going to be a few days before the site is back up, alive and kicking....I have to reupload it from scratch which isnt a fun thing to do considering the size of the site.

Hopefully this wont adversely affect anything, it should be fully up, however I do warn, the last couple of times this has happened I have lost several sections of the site, hopefully I wont this time but no promises.

Will keep you aprised
Something like that recently happened to YTMND too. Max (the creator of YTMND) accidentally deleted half of the site. Max also seemed to have trouble fixing it, but he backed up the site 18 hours ago before the crash and soon YTMND was back up.

Don't worry, it happens. Joe will fix everythnig too.

pharaohguy530

The one and only.
I wish you the best of luck uploading it again. Its the horrors of having a website. Smart that you saved everything though.

goldfly2005

i am of the opinion that this is not a coincidence. i ahve had bad stuff happening to stuff all the time since yesterday. mainly to electronics. such as my gameboy turning off every 5 minutes, losibng my leaf green, and everysingle computer breking down. i have also been getting mysteririopulsy hurt all tuesday.
coincidence? i think not!
well anyway i hope you get the surver back up soon never mind
hey now that i think about it , the same thing happened to night cat's forums. better go check on him.
~goldfly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.