• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bad News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO GOHAN

OVER NINE THOUSAAAND
^... honestly people, it's not the end of the world. those numbers come up every 100 years... ...whatever. I'm going now. BUT PLEASE, ENOUGH WITH THE SUPERSTISTIOUS CRAPOLA!

NG

Trooper Guy

Lost in history...
Whoa, guess that explains why i couldn't go on just now...I hope the website is back up when it's ready, it's in my favourites.
people, that 6/6/6 day stuff is only a day. This is just a coincidence. :/

i know its SO stupid!it POs me!

XIII Axel

"Showtime!"
Wow, Serebii....
I can't believe this happened to your site! You're lucky I can relate to how you are feeling right now.

On my Silver version, I lost everything one day, my entire team of shinies (I had a Shiny Lugia, Feraligatr, Ampharos, Blissey, and Togetic.) I had cloned them before, but they are not the same as my originals. Sort of the same way with your site.

I'm sorry about what happened to the site. Hopefully it won't happen again after everything has been restored, and who knows, maybe Serebii.net will become better than it was before the server exploded.

Good luck with restoring the site Serebii.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Just one of the things that really bites.

Well, best wishes for it to be reloaded with most sucess.

Golde

Always Searching~
Man, that sucks...Well, need any help? Yeah that was stupid, but sorry bout that, mustve taken you years to make that...

Bulk

Odd this appened on the 6/6/06... maybe peopel were right, this is the end of the world... well, at least until they manage to upload the backup...

Explanes why I couldn't get on earlier. Hope you manage to get all your stuff back on, I hate it when I loose stuff.

EDIT: And now I've read the above posts about the numbers, I'm going to run away now and hide behind a small brick wall.

Last edited:

John Ray

England Rules!!!
Oh...

Thats why i couldn't get in! Good thing you have all the backup things serebii joe.

Hope it's on again soon!

How about the news for pokemon things? Will you be keeping it up to date?

Anyways good luck!

Man. The thread title scared me :( i thought the forums were ending or something, but this is pretty bad too. :( Good luck... ( I actually do not know whether it requires luck or skill, but good luck anyways...)

Serebii said:
Just for the record...this is the 9th server we've killed :)

*random thought that randomly appeared in my head for a random reason* Hey if you kill one more you'll make 10. Then you can celebrate the 10th server death, and Pokemon's 10th anniversary together! :D

Hyuu

Under the sea
Ironic how it exploded today =/

Actually, it was yesterday when it exploded (I remember trying to get on to check something on the dex) so it can't be a 6/6/06 thing, cause it happened on 6/5/06. Either way, from the Christians I know, 666 was suppose to be a mark of some sort, not a date (but I could be misinformed *shrug*) Will you guys please stop trying to associate this with the 666 superstition?

Here's hope to a quick and troubleless recovery, Serebii!
Whoo, 3 GBs. Don't know too much about computers, but whoo, that's a lot compared to the 250 MB pictures my friend uploads. =/

John Ray

England Rules!!!
Serebii said:
Jeez im only missing a day, not exactly gonna push me far behind in news, especially since news is scarce these days

Sorry i'm just being too worried...

But you'll never no if theres a very big news! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.