• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bad News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaerna

Sorry to hear that Serrebi. Ah. the marvels and woes of modern technology.
Darn....Poke-amph went off-line permanently some time ago as it was my backup info site. I wish you luck with a new server! Will check back in a day or two.

Psychic

Really and truly
Wow, this happens on '666', no doubt...coincidences are so odd. o_O

And ouch, poor Joe has a lot of work to do...good luck with all that, man. We all feel for you. Or only like, two people do. *pats*
But thanks, Joe. GROUP HUG.

~Psychic

Blazin' Blaziken

This sucks. Serebii.net is my favorite site to go to for Pokemon news. Oh well, I'll just wait.
BTW, this is just a coincidence this happened on the devil's day.

Wow. The server actualy exploded? Sweet. J/K, J/K. Seriously, This sucks. Well, I guess news can go onto the forums first, like awlays. In the mean time, To find a new Pokedex >>

Char1016

Pokemon Communist
In the morning I saw the news but now I couldn't load the page, too bad.
I hope this doesn't happen again.

Dean

Wonder of Thunder!
Oh man this really stinks, but hey it could be worse, you could've lost the site and the forums.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Jetx said:
Ouch... Good luck on re-uploading everything...

PS: T Lord, I don't think you have much experience as a webmaster, do you? Because server errors do happen and I doubt Serebii would lie about it.
Yes, I don't have experience as a webmaster.
I do believe that it could be a coincidence.
I doubt it.

Atari

Did it on 'em
:p This is probably another one of those lame jokes... Right? What kinda other time of the year does SPP fall down other than the famous 6/6/06?

...Or not. Don't wanna spoil the funn, though. :p

Blaziken Ruler

chu starin at?
Darn.Just when I wanted to find out how to get a electric hidden power.This is a sad day for all:(.But a toast to the 10th server for it's success in never crashing again.You know thats the second time you have made my heart stop first time being the D/P screenshots on the main site.

Last edited:

Kasaioni

You're Illegal
*reads first sentence*, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
*reads more* o, ok, hope you get it all back and running as good so it seems like nothing happened ^^

Chaotic Houndoom

Dark Trainer
Wow, I feel bad for ya, Joe. Hope to see it up and running again. =/

Last edited:

Savage X

dclxvi
Damn, sorry Serebii. I wish I could help but I know you wouldn't want me to/and I can't anyway. At least you have the back up files. But wow that was a big site. Did this happen today? It's 666 :p

Chaotic Houndoom

Dark Trainer
That's no way to joke, Houndoom. ~~; It was.. just.. bad luck. ;.;

Last edited:

Xiang

How would I know if this is another joke? :p

Whatever. Hope it gets back up.

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
Wow....bad luck about the site, but I'm abosolutly astounded by the reactions of people. Even if the site is only down for a day people are acting like it's a national tragedy. Why don't you play Pokemon tomorrow instead & do something else today? Sure it's a bummer but there's plenty of things to do in the meantime until he site is fixed.
Anyway sorry to hear about the server Serebii.

Status
Not open for further replies.