• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bad parents

aquasuicune

I just realized something. We all know that Ash supposedly left home at only age ten, but I just realized that means he should only be in 4th grade or something close to that (I guess that would explain his stupidity). Would any sane parent let their fourth grader go on a trip around the world? IIRC, the anime has been going on for seven years or something. This would make Ash seventeen or eighteen, yet it seems like he still hasn't grown at all.
Discuss if you want.

ahmad_bulba

IM FINALLY 13!! :D
u do realize that all of this is fiction...

shooting star

Leaving SPPF! G'bye!
u do realize that all of this is fiction...
Yay! All of it is fiction! Since its all fiction and doesn't have any connection to reality, lets make grass resisitant against fire, all humans in the pokemon world feed on germs and talk Gibbrish!

-_-"

aquasuicune

Yes, I do realize that it is fiction that came out of the mind of Satoshi Tajiri, but I still think it's strange that Ash's height hasn't changed in 8 years.

kronos

Dude....thats why they call it fiction.Its just like stories about faerie folk who are only seen by people who believe in them.Its all FICTION.I repeat, FICTION.​

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The answer is simple: Because it's a cartoon. Pokémon is one of those cases where the production team has chosen not to age the characters. The Simpsons would have been a lot less fun if characters like Bart aged; he'd be 26 years old right now instead of harassing Principal Skinner in Springfield Elementary. Eric Cartman in South Park is funny at age 8, but at 18, he'd be just plain creepy.

Of course, I would say it's extremely neglectful parenting to let Ash go at age 10. Of course, every Pokémon game stars some preteen ditching their mother right after they leave. It's somehow free from child molestors, child abductors, gangs that actually pose a threat, and nonstereotypical robbers.

WarthogDemon

<-- La Foam
Maybe they considered him a gifted child? (Don't bludgeon me with his lack of IQ or whatnot; maybe that's how his parents feel about him.)

Perhaps his father and/or mother encouraged him to do what he so chooses.

Anyways, I do know this is fiction. I only answered seriously because it gave me something fun to think about.

ahmad_bulba

IM FINALLY 13!! :D
Yup!! fiction!!! see...to them even a year hasnt passed..ash is still 11...i didnt see him celebrating his birthday...when u go out to make the worlds best anime,u dont hav to care abt these minor details..

NES

Flip me to the side!
What kid would like to play with a game where the main character is a 20+ guy?. The adventure would feel less... like an adventure.

Blaperile

Blaziken rules!
It's not real, think at that.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
What kid would like to play with a game where the main character is a 20+ guy?. The adventure would feel less... like an adventure.

Especially one with a 5th-grade education. Has anyone seen the Pokémon commercial where real people were pretending to be Ash's acquaintances? His science teacher was so happy all the time...He's completely unaware that Ash has left him for good.

BIGnSCARY

Gargantuan tongue
It's a cartoon anyway. He still can speak good english without much education, and i'm happy for him (not!)

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
If this was real life, Ash would need to go through years of training, background checks, and probably Professor Oak's letter of recommendation to a commission before he can start. By the time he finishes and gets to be a trainer, he'll be 16.