• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bad To The Bone! (075)

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... Seeing Marowak again was cool, those badges of Otoshi's were very cool-looking. I didn't really like Otoshi however, he was wrong for trying to battle to see who keep Ash's badges just because he had lost his. It was upsetting to see Marowak leaving Otoshi originally because he lost his badges. The flashbacks were very cool.

21/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
I found most of this episode to be pretty forgettable. The only thing I really remember from it is the disguise that Jessie was wearing. I don't know why, I just always remembered it really well even years after seeing this episode.

I've always thought that the other badges shown in this episode were weird. Something about them just looked odd. Plus, I never really liked how in the anime a region can have more than eight gyms. It makes being a Gym Leader seem less impressive, IMO.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I liked this episode, although Otoshi himself wasn't that nice if he wanted to do the same thing Team Rocket did to him to Ash. Also, Marowak, aka the Skelatwerp, was a bit selfish if he was ready to leave his trainer after all their time together. It was nice to see Jessie's Arbok winning a match, but then shortly beaten quite badly. I loved how Jessie was ready to betray Team Rocket, and her disguise was pretty awesome.

Swagga09

lol @ james bottlecaps.

Okay episode. I hated how he put all of his time in his marrowak and the result was that he had such a weak doduo

The battle was totally unfair... Ash using both Bulbasaur and Pikachu, and Otochi using only Marowak... If I'd be Otochi, I wouldn't want Marowak back, because he left purely because of not participating in the Pokemon League... The love between a Pokemon and a Trainer should never be based on a few battles... 10/10, a funny, cool and enjoyable filler.

7threst

Ah, the last episode before the Indigo League is going to start. This episode never stayed in my mind, but I do remember James's bottle cap collection :D

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I re-watched this episode recently. It's not bad; some parts seem corny, but a lot of episodes are like that. The Bulbasaur/Marowak battle is surprisingly good; it alone makes this episode worthwhile.

Lucille

Bulbasaur vs Marowak was the best part of this episode oh and seeing James' bottle cap collection haha

Oh. A samurai. Way better than the one we saw earlier in the show. I wonder what would have happened if Jessie had grabbed those badges from that Trainer? Would he have ran away or possibly fought back?

Now THIS is a good example of a great filler episode, right here.

I think the highlight of the episode comedy-wise was James saying, "Eurgh...well, you see, I like to look at myself in my spare time! Eh."

Absolutely priceless! XD.

In all seriousness, Ash shows how far he's come by his willingness to help Otoshi despite the chance he may miss out on entering the league.

Rating: 97/100

NPT

Just a member
This episode was good, it's cool to see a Marowak. The way Otoshi was trying to take Ash's badges was wrong, I'm glad Ash won battle.
It's nice that Otoshi got his badges back at the end.

James had POGS! I used to have some of those things a long time ago! :)
When Jessie was trying to steal those badges from that one guy, those were some different badges he had. How many gyms dose Kanto truly have?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Even though I thought Otoshi was bland as a COTD, I liked seeing that flashback of his Gym battles; it was just cool to see Gym battles from another perspective. Anyway, Jessie stole the episode in my opinion. It was neat to see her snatch Otoshi's badges and try to go solo, only to be stopped by James and Meowth. :p

Gillachu

Banned
I felt sad for the dude who got his badges stolen and even worse that Jessie was planning on using them to enter the League lmao. I liked TR's trading cards.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
Now THIS is a good example of a great filler episode, right here.

I think the highlight of the episode comedy-wise was James saying, "Eurgh...well, you see, I like to look at myself in my spare time! Eh."

Absolutely priceless! XD.

In all seriousness, Ash shows how far he's come by his willingness to help Otoshi despite the chance he may miss out on entering the league.

Rating: 97/100

Yeah,I love that scene as well.
Jessie looked pretty in that disguise and it was sweet when James recognized her. ;) 8/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hee hee I liked how Ash rushed to the Indigo plateau and I was surprised when Pikachu defeated Marowak. I liked Otoshi's gym montage scene as well and how Jessie took the badges for herself.

JudySpell

Banned
James having photos of himself was hilarious and I luved how Jessie went solo with Otoshi's badges and ended up getting stopped by her pals. 7/10