• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bad To The Bone! (075)

My favorite scene from here was when Marowak left his trainer because it showed that he had lost his respect for him. I liked when Jessie stole the badges too.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Okido-hakase springing the League's deadline on Satoshi so suddenly was funny, and I thought that Garagara versus Pikachu was a good bout, even ignoring that Ground should be immune to Electric attacks. Saizou's Gym battle flashback was pretty good at making me feel sympathetic for him.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked this episode, although Otoshi himself wasn't that nice as a character since he wanted to do the same thing that Team Rocket did to him to Ash. It was nice to see Jessie's Arbok winning a match for once, and I loved how Jessie was ready to betray Team Rocket.~

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I meant how Pikachu's Thunder Shock attack was able to do damage and how it defeated Otoshi's Marowak despite ground type's immunity to electric type attacks. ^^;

This was OS though, so the writers just weren't consistent with type immunities. :x

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
This was OS though, so the writers just weren't consistent with type immunities. :x

Yea but it was still frustrating to see Pikachu win against Marowak so easily. I would've preferred if Ash had used his Squirtle to win against Marowak instead cuz at least he had water type attacks ha ha.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Yea but it was still frustrating to see Pikachu win against Marowak so easily. I would've preferred if Ash had used his Squirtle to win against Marowak instead cuz at least he had water type attacks ha ha.

Frankly, if we're basing who should've won in terms of type advantage, then Ash's Bulbasaur should've beaten Otoshi's Marowak, yet he lost.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Frankly, if we're basing who should've won in terms of type advantage, then Ash's Bulbasaur should've beaten Otoshi's Marowak, yet he lost.

I didn't like how that happened myself cuz I figured that out of Ash's three starters during Kanto, Bulbasaur was likely the most reliable. But I guess Ash was just supposed to win against Otoshi with his ace Pikachu.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Tbh looking back, I'm not really sure why Jessie wanted Otoshi's Gym badges. Like, did she ever even mention wanting to enter the League before?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Tbh looking back, I'm not really sure why Jessie wanted Otoshi's Gym badges. Like, did she ever even mention wanting to enter the League before?

I don't think so and perhaps she only decided to use them herself cuz the chance presented itself. I mean she never had an opportunity to own eight badges, so she likely decided to compete on the spur of the moment.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I don't think so and perhaps she only decided to use them herself cuz the chance presented itself. I mean she never had an opportunity to own eight badges, so she likely decided to compete on the spur of the moment.

That would've been a waste anyway since she was weak. Otoshi's flashbacks also confused me since he was shown winning the Marsh Badge while fighting a Hitmonlee. :confused:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
That would've been a waste anyway since she was weak. Otoshi's flashbacks also confused me since he was shown winning the Marsh Badge while fighting a Hitmonlee. :confused:

That part was odd to me since Sabrina specialized in psychic types instead of fighting types, so she wouldn't have used a Hitmonlee. Then again, perhaps she wasn't the Saffron gym leader when Otoshi won the badge. :]

Leonhart

Imagineer
Otoshi's flashbacks also confused me since he was shown winning the Marsh Badge while fighting a Hitmonlee. :confused:

We also saw a Strike at the Sekichiku City Gym in Saizou's flashback, which Kyou didn't own as far as we know. Regarding why a Sawamular was used at the Yamabuki City Gym in the flashback, perhaps it was a reference to Yamabuki City's Fighting Dojo, which was once a Gym.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
We also saw a Strike at the Sekichiku City Gym in Saizou's flashback, which Kyou didn't own as far as we know. Regarding why a Sawamular was used at the Yamabuki City Gym in the flashback, perhaps it was a reference to Yamabuki City's Fighting Dojo, which was once a Gym.

Koga owning Scyther at least makes more sense than Sabrina owning Hitmonlee. :p

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode shows why Jessie is the worst character of the anime imo as she was incredibly unbearable in this episode. I really didn't care for the episode's plot either.

ZilverLox

Banned
Otoshi and Marowak's flashbacks were so cool and original and I shed a tear when Marowak decided to go back to Otoshi. When Jessie stole the Gym Badges for herself, she seemed very selfish even more than usual. I liked when we saw James's pictures of himself. :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
This episode shows why Jessie is the worst character of the anime imo as she was incredibly unbearable in this episode. I really didn't care for the episode's plot either.

Musashi was certainly more selfish and unbearable than usual in this episode, what with her sudden desire to take the Badges so that she could compete in the Sekiei League on her own. She should've asked Kojirou and Nyasu if she could use the stolen Badges, because then at least she wouldn't have come off as extremely greedy.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Dogasu recently explained why James's TCG cards in this episode got edited in the dub, yet I remember James using similar cards in DP.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Dogasu recently explained why James's TCG cards in this episode got edited in the dub, yet I remember James using similar cards in DP.

Kojirou has used Pokemon trivia cards on occasion in place of a Zukan, but he's never had trading cards other than in this episode.

When Otoshi's Marowak got electrocuted I was like WTF. Good old Kanto ignoring type immunity. I was devastated when Jessie stole the badges for herself. She's so greedy.