• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bad/Weird Habits While You Play?

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
I remember something similar to this thread a while ago, and I assume it was closed due to innactivity after a search. If it's in a different forum, sorry, please close this one.

Do you have any weird habits in the Pokemon games?
For me, I always have to catch Pokemon in normal pokeballs because it looks nicer. Another thing I do, I have to heal my Pokemon after everything I do in a Pokemon center. If I buy something, I have to heal my Pokemon. If I take a Pokemon out of the PC, I have to heal my team.

Haha. I do the Poke Ball thing too. I do it on Legendary Pokemon as well. Even if that means I have to keep restarting over and over again. My Kyurem can vouch for that one.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
I do like to have more than one Pokemon if it can evolve and evolve one while keeping the other un-evolved. EX:I would catch two Numels and evolve one into Camerupt while keeping the other Numel the same. Recently, I caught three Hoppips, evolved one to Skiploom, and evolved one into Jumpluff. I usually like to do it for contests, musicals, or just to walk around with them in HGSS

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
All my Pokémon HAVE to be nicknamed, I've actually named about 4 of mine "MM".

Ditto B1tch

I like Pokemons in normal balls as well when they're in my team. If it was just a casual Pokemon that I catch to fill the dex, it could be any ball.

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
I HAVE to give my Pokémon teams themed nicknames these days. Otherwise I go crazy from the irregularity.

I wish I had the creativity to do that. I do sometimes, but I guess it depends on my mood.

Bluemiracle

Biologist
I like having my pokemon all female if possible x) don't know why

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast

That reminds me - I like to have all my Pokemon in a team to be a gender that fits them, such as Ninetales being a female.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I generally try to catch male Pokemon to use on my team if I can help it, because female Pokemon have cooties and are only good for making babies.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I only use normal Pokeballs as well for team members and important pokemon. Otherwise they are just for my dex and I use a quick ball.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member

Speaking of genders I try to have three males and three females in my party. I didn't do so in Black 2, since I don't have the motivation to search for a female Emolga.

Hydreigon6507

All my Pokémon HAVE to be nicknamed, I've actually named about 4 of mine "MM".

Me too. It can get really frustrating at times.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I'm always really particular about what kind of Pokeball I use (I refuse to catch most Legendaries in Dusk/Timer balls; the only exceptions are when I'm trying to catch one of the Swords of Justice, in which case I'll use Timer Balls, or when I'm trying to catch Giratina, in which case I might use a Dusk Ball), and I never use nicknames. Also, I try to have as many non-overlapping dual-types on my team as possible. And I have designated PC boxes for both Special Pokemon (which encompasses Legendary, Event, Shiny, and Grotto Pokemon) and Dream World/Radar Pokemon. And I'm really picky about Natures.

I generally try to catch male Pokemon to use on my team if I can help it, because female Pokemon have cooties and are only good for making babies.

And this, actually, unless it's a Pokemon that I find to be more feminine-looking. (Not that I'm the type of person to rage about a male Gardevoir or anything; it's just that I habitually refer to Gardevoir and the like as "she," so I like to make sure that their in-game particulars are in-line with my personal terminology.)

Last edited:

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
If I buy something, I have to heal my Pokemon. If I take a Pokemon out of the PC, I have to heal my team.
I do this too and I also backtrack a lot, I mean I go back to certain areas and make sure every item has been found and every NPC has been talked to.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I catch Pokémon with Pokéballs that match color.

I use Premier Balls for Ice, Legendary, and Team okémon thugh :p

PKMN TRAINER Oliver

ポケットモンスタ一
I have a habit that all of my Pokémon are the same level (at the moment, they are all level 82).
I very terrible one I have is that there are some shiny Pokémon that I'll never catch.
I also try not to have more than half of my team to be legendary.

PokéJungle

Webmaster | Writer
I really like male Pokemon for most species and I've wasted a lot of time to make sure I get the gender I want lol