• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Baffling the Bouffalant! (727)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Afro, GO! Bouffalant, NO!!

On their way to Mistralton City, Ash & Co. enter a forest which is filled with Bouffalant. While traversing the forest, Ash & Co. get seperated from their Pokémon and they all learn that, in order to pass through the forest, they need to put on afros to blend in. However, when Axew loses its afro, it incurs the wrath of the Bouffalant and gets chased. Will the Pokémon meet up with their trainers again, and will they be able to get through the forest?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with the group walking along a path.

Now the Pokemon are out. Oshawott rushes his food down and steals some of Tepig's. So Tepig starts the fight.

Ash breaks up Oshawott and Tepig fighting.

Incoming, Bouffalant!

Iris and the starters got blasted off.

Ash Pokedex's Bouffalant.

Emolga still loves her apples, Cilan calls out to her.

Last edited:

KKS-Lapras

I didn't quite catch why Iris and the starters got separated from the rest of the group. Charging Bouffalant, which I thought was aiming for Ash, then an explosion of dust, and that's what caused the separation?

playerking

Yes, that's what caused the separation.

Now Iris is talking with Joy.

Iris notices the Afro Wigs and Joy explains.

Nice fantasy of how Afro's help passers by.

The Afro's are in Audino's backpack.

Joy gives them to the Pokemon, but Snivy doesn't want it.

Joy stops a Bouffalant from charging near them, by putting a wig on Snivy.

Snivy now accepts it.

Oshawott are happy, then they're angry.

Queue 3rd or 4th fight.

Oshawott Water Guns Axew into a Bouffalant's hair.

Axew's out and uses a bit of a bush for a wig, or by accident.

Close call there for Axew.

The others run into Nurse Joy, now they should be getting Afro's soon.

Yep, they all get Afro's.

Joy forms Pansage's hair into an Afro.

Axew comes across a wild Sewaddle and Pidove. Pidove takes Axew's grass hair.

A Bouffalant chases Axew.

Dare Da? Emolga.

Last edited:

KKS-Lapras

Scraggy looks kind of cool with his green afro.

Random Sewaddle, oops....

It's cute how as stuck-up as Snivy can be, she really does care about her friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

playerking

Iris and starters find Axew being chased. Snivy saves Axew some how, by putting that grass thing on his head I think.

Iris and Axew are reunited.

The others all call out for the others, I love how deep Excadrill's cry was. Cute.

Scraggy doesn't headbutt the Bouffalant inspecting them.

Ash and Pikachu are scared.

Bouffalant inspects Pansage and he's fine.

Axew spots some plants on a cliff, for Bouffalant I think.

Iris almost climbs up to get it, but she falls on a tree branch.

Snivy, Oshawott and Tepig try to get it down.

Oshawott smacks Tepig when he tried.

Snivy settles Oshawott and Tepig.

Iris spots a weak Bouffalant. It's left front foot is hurt.

Last edited:

KKS-Lapras

Iris the medical plant expert to the rescue again!

playerking

Snivy throws Oshawott up, Tepig's Flamethrower shoots Oshawott up further.

Oshawott Razor Shells the plant. He gets it and Iris heals the injured Bouffalant.

They leave the Bouffalant, but two more chase them as they don't have their wigs.

Iris tries to talk with the Bouffalant.

One uses Wild Charge.

Iris's hair puffs up and she's okay.

The starters go to fight, but the injured one helps out.

playerking

They all reunite together.

Lol at Iris's hair.

Bouffalant shows them to a bridge, where they cross. They see a warning Bouffalant sign, a bit late ha?

Cilan fixes Pansage's hair and Iris fixes her. They return the wigs and Joy leaves.

The starters are all happy and the episode ends.

No evolution.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Maybe it is a little later tepig evolves

Nice assumption.

So all this episode serves is just to have a break of all that has happened since the Chili VS Cilan Episode to the SG Krokorok Episode? What a borefest.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Snivy is really a good planner. The idea of throwing Oshawott first then followed by Tepig who used his flamethrower as a propulsion system was good.

dman_dustin

The only good thing about this episode was Snivy.

Unfortunately since the episode did not focus around Snivy, her scenes could not carry the episode.

I have to say, I'm getting sick of this bullcrap writing from the writers. I don't care what any of you think. But a battle episode revolving around Tranquill, Palpitoad, and Swadloon would've been far better than this episode.

This is what happens when I look forward to an episode. Instead of enjoyment, I get disappointed.

I swear, the writers aren't even trying, to me it seems like they're trying to crap out episodes just for their next paycheck and doing a poor job.

That said, I hope someone liked this episode, because someone has to like this episode.
---------

I just don't understand why they choose to write like this. I mean it was pretty damn boring outside of the few Snivy scenes.

Honestly I think maybe they we're trying too hard to make this episode funny. Unfortunately for them I'm burnt out with crap episode after crap episode (okay maybe this just one in a long number of episodes), but still no Swadloon, Tranquill or even Palpitoad now, and I've become a little dull and I can't care episodes like this.

It's clear this was also more about marketing the starters. Which is bullcrap, since we've never had to wait until after the sixth gym before one of them finally evolves.

Honestly if this wasn't Pokemon, I would give up entirely on it. I'll just have to face it, they don't care about Pokemon at all.

So much for hoping I'd like this one over BW071. Now that I've watched this one. I'm really not looking for the Rat focus episode with Stephan, since it's just another episode, where the writers refuse to use Ash's Pokemon (Oh god I hope I'm wrong).

Nacreous

Fire trainer
The only good thing about this episode was Snivy.

Unfortunately since the episode did not focus around Snivy, her scenes could not carry the episode.

I have to say, I'm getting sick of this bullcrap writing from the writers. I don't care what any of you think. But a battle episode revolving around Tranquill, Palpitoad, and Swadloon would've been far better than this episode.

This is what happens when I look forward to an episode. Instead of enjoyment, I get disappointed.

I swear, the writers aren't even trying, to me it seems like they're trying to crap out episodes just for their next paycheck and doing a poor job.

That said, I hope someone liked this episode, because someone has to like this episode.
---------

I just don't understand why they choose to write like this. I mean it was pretty damn boring outside of the few Snivy scenes.

Honestly I think maybe they we're trying too hard to make this episode funny. Unfortunately for them I'm burnt out with crap episode after crap episode (okay maybe this just one in a long number of episodes), but still no Swadloon, Tranquill or even Palpitoad now, and I've become a little dull and I can't care episodes like this.

It's clear this was also more about marketing the starters. Which is bullcrap, since we've never had to wait until after the sixth gym before one of them finally evolves.

Honestly if this wasn't Pokemon, I would give up entirely on it. I'll just have to face it, they don't care about Pokemon at all.

So much for hoping I'd like this one over BW071. Now that I've watched this one. I'm really not looking for the Rat focus episode with Stephan, since it's just another episode, where the writers refuse to use Ash's Pokemon (Oh god I hope I'm wrong).

I agree completely.Unfortunately,the little kids really love these kinds of episodes...

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Well at least Ash now has a good reason to not catch one of these things, they'd be picking fights with his pokemon due to the lack of hair.

I'm all for "Starter" bonding episodes but this feels like it should've been placed abit earlier on timeline wise instead of now cause it feels so random.