• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Baffling the Bouffalant! (727)

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
looked like an alright episode, always nice to see the Pokemon out of their balls, even if it is always the same few. Shame we never got to see the likes of Swadloon, Plapitoad, Stunfisk and Crustle in afros. Speaking of whom, I am assuming they have some kind of lunch rotation system, otherwise the poor neglected Pokemon must be starving!
Anyways, while many might slate this as a "filler" I would presume its purpose was to show us all three of the starters together in their "cute" base forms one last time before the big Tepig evolution.

Janovy

Banned
I honestly thought Tepig was going to evolve. Eh, maybe he will evolve in an episode focused around him? I don't know. I have yet to watch this episode, though, I'll just watch it for Snivy and Iris.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
It's clear this was also more about marketing the starters. Which is bullcrap, since we've never had to wait until after the sixth gym before one of them finally evolves.

Not to be pedantic, but Kanto (which was the only other saga more rushed than this one) had Charmander evolve after the sixth gym and then become barely useful with the exception of ONE battle in the seventh gym. And Chimchar's evolution, the most highly anticipated evolution of the DP saga, didn't happen until after the seventh gym.

If that ending hadn't spoiled those evolutions, people wouldn't be ranting like this about a filler which at no point showed any indication of anyone evolving.

Who cares?

Shouldn;t by now we realize the writers aren't the best? If you really think that by now Tranquil, Swadloon or Palpitoad will get spot light in a random episode without the starters...forget about it. The writers are gonna promote the cute pokemon while showing the "lessers" once in a blue moon.. Just enjoy it for what it is(whatever it might be)

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I guess the writers don't want to make it too much like season one.

If they did, Ash would've caughten a Boufffalant or maybe 30. Yeah I know about the ending not showcasing it, but still! I would've like to see him catch one and it somehow get banned in USA. Full circle.

I still think the episode title is one of the best though. They need to bring that to America.

RickHoenn

Banned
The only good thing about this episode was Snivy.

Unfortunately since the episode did not focus around Snivy, her scenes could not carry the episode.

I have to say, I'm getting sick of this bullcrap writing from the writers. I don't care what any of you think. But a battle episode revolving around Tranquill, Palpitoad, and Swadloon would've been far better than this episode.

This is what happens when I look forward to an episode. Instead of enjoyment, I get disappointed.

I swear, the writers aren't even trying, to me it seems like they're trying to crap out episodes just for their next paycheck and doing a poor job.

That said, I hope someone liked this episode, because someone has to like this episode.
---------

I just don't understand why they choose to write like this. I mean it was pretty damn boring outside of the few Snivy scenes.

Honestly I think maybe they we're trying too hard to make this episode funny. Unfortunately for them I'm burnt out with crap episode after crap episode (okay maybe this just one in a long number of episodes), but still no Swadloon, Tranquill or even Palpitoad now, and I've become a little dull and I can't care episodes like this.

It's clear this was also more about marketing the starters. Which is bullcrap, since we've never had to wait until after the sixth gym before one of them finally evolves.

Honestly if this wasn't Pokemon, I would give up entirely on it. I'll just have to face it, they don't care about Pokemon at all.

So much for hoping I'd like this one over BW071. Now that I've watched this one. I'm really not looking for the Rat focus episode with Stephan, since it's just another episode, where the writers refuse to use Ash's Pokemon (Oh god I hope I'm wrong).

What an useless nonsensical rant. Stop watching the anime so you find peace.

gliscor&yanmega

Saw the pictures, looks like a funny episode, a little adventurous too.

I would have liked to see one more of Ash's Pokemon though(Why only five?), as well as Cilan's Crustle and Stunfisk(Pansage was out why not the other two). At less Iris likes her Pokemon to all get feed :p.

I don't think I'm going to enjoy this episode that much, but I'm sure I wont hate it.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Ah, once again Ash's non-existence 6th slot goes unnoticed....Also, may calls on Pokemon sure do seem to be right (referring to bet on Pignite)

Anyway, I quite enjoyed this episode, seeing as we won't have any starter Pokemon in the gym that's coming up

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Will you all stop with the evolution rants there was NO Confirmation that it was happening but the episode looks good. For a filler.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
This episode was just one of those that made me facepalm so hard...it was kind of corny and unbelievable. ^^; I mean cotton candy colored wigs fooling the Boufalant? -.-There were some funny moments, something with Iris that made me laugh, and the Emolga scenes with Dento. XDDD *sigh* I may like cracky episodes, but this one was felt weird.

I thought Iris should have caught Bouffalant ~.~

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
Yeah guys, so Tepig didn't evolve.

Maybe around Celestial Tower he might get his chance.

maybe still Bianca has a Pignite already so maybe they're trying to delay evolution until they figure out what they're gonna do with her since having two trainers one recurring and the other main with the same poke might not seem to be in their best interest

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ah, once again Ash's non-existence 6th slot goes unnoticed....Also, may calls on Pokemon sure do seem to be right (referring to bet on Pignite)

Anyway, I quite enjoyed this episode, seeing as we won't have any starter Pokemon in the gym that's coming up

It was Tranquill I'm guessing.

Yes we will.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So essentially, nothing happens. What a surprise. I liked that Tepig and Oshawott were fighting, but I couldn't figure out why they were angry at each other in the first place. Some people might say that their rivalry with each other will become a constant problem, but I doubt that they'll fight again. I thought that the afros that everyone was wearing were ridiculous, but at least Iris got to do her own thing for a while.

What an useless nonsensical rant. Stop watching the anime so you find peace.

I just can't with this tired argument. Can't someone find flaws with an episode without being bashed?

magicallypuzzled

eh theirs stating your oppinion and theres repeating it into the ground the former is a right i'd never disagree with the other is annoying and argueable on weither it's a right or not.

people ranting every single filler episode about the same thing get really annoying really fast.

at any rate this episode is looks and sounds amazing wish i had the chance to watch it.

dman_dustin

Not to be pedantic, but Kanto (which was the only other saga more rushed than this one) had Charmander evolve after the sixth gym and then become barely useful with the exception of ONE battle in the seventh gym. And Chimchar's evolution, the most highly anticipated evolution of the DP saga, didn't happen until after the seventh gym.

Chikorita, Treecko, and Turtwig all evolved before the 5th gym. And Ash had 2 FULLY evolved starters by the 8th gym in Sinnoh and at least 1 in the Kanto region, ignoring the other regions for their faults, THERE is no reason why the starters are unevolved and Ash is going towards Iccirius City without a single starter evolved.

And this isn't the place for this, I'll rant more in the next Pokemon thread.

I'm just mostly upset that this episode just catered around making the starters look cute and adorable, something that I could not care since I don't JUST give a frack about the starters, unfortunately for whatever reason the writers can't be assed to care about Ash's other Pokemon.

If I was responsible for the anime, I would've had Ash use Tranquill in a battle BEFORE Skyla, since it is Ash's most veteran Unova Pokemon, and yet it's only going to have about 2 battles before it has become fully evolved.

Oops, sorry got a little off topic. Sorry about that.

If that ending hadn't spoiled those evolutions, people wouldn't be ranting like this about a filler which at no point showed any indication of anyone evolving.
You really think I still wouldn't be pissed about the starter situation as it is, even if Tepig was still a Tepig in the ending.

I just can't with this tired argument. Can't someone find flaws with an episode without being bashed?

Glad to see someone semi-understand me.

See they nitpick at my negative points, because I think they're afraid to agree with me and find faults in the show, because they don't want to look like negative Nancy/Ned. Under the false assumption that the writers actually care about their fans. How can the writers improve themselves and the show we "love" if no one complains about it? If everyone just sit back and "enjoyed" then the writers are free to continue writing crap episode after crap episode. It might be all about the money, but you can't make money if no one wants to buy what you're selling.

And yet ignore the positive points, because it's easier to bash someone for their negativity, than to debate with them reasonably.

For everyone's information, I DID say that I thoroughly enjoyed the scenes with Snivy. But like I said they weren't enough to save this episode.

Grey Wind

While I agree with your complaints dman, you have to realise that this is first and foremost a children's show to entertain children. It's all well and good that we want moar tranquil and good development, but the writers don't give a crap about that because that's not what keeps children watching.

Obviously the treatment of Tranquil, Swadloon and Palpitoad is diabolical, but the kids watching this show don't care about that at all.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I kind of feel bad for slamming this episode hard before it aired, because I enjoyed it. It was funny and cute. Sucks that Tepig didn't evolve though, and by the end of the episode, I was kind of hoping Iris caught that Bouffalant.

I'm glad to be moving on to the gym battles.