• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Baffling the Bouffalant! (727)

Ariketh

龍奥杰
Scraggy doesn't headbutt the Bouffalant inspecting them.

Missed opportunity.

Why did Ash only have 5 Pokemon with him?

The arguments about this being a kids show and the kids not caring is a bit silly actually. The kids care more than you'd think. If they didn't care, they simply wouldn't watch the show. Everyone has their favorites. The whole reason I started watching DP is because Ash caught a Gible. Prior to that, I didn't actually care very much and hardly watched. But as soon as Gible came into play, I started watching again.

The problem is that the writers don't care enough, and when the writers stop caring, why should the audience continue supporting it?

Janovy

Banned
The problem is that the writers don't care enough, and when the writers stop caring, why should the audience continue supporting it?
But the audience does support it, Pokémon is still one of the most popular anime series in Japan. Writers are obviously doing SOMETHING right, otherwise you and me wouldn't be watching this.

What I liked:
-Bouffalant thinking Iris's shocked hair was Bouffalant hair
-The starters about to battle when the cured Bouffalant appeared.
-Pansage out

Those wigs come in many colors and bouffalant don't charge at anyone wearing them. Are the Bouffalant colorblind or do bouffalant have colored hair like that?

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
it was a decent filler loved iris's hair.... and for some reason.... i think this would have been a good episode for the photographer character robert to appear , idk maybe his afro lol

Lady Umbreon

Soon as I saw those wigs, I could only think one thing: Afro bison, afro bison, Bouffalant, Bouffalant, Bouffalant, afro!

Also, Oshawott using Tepig as a jetpack was adorable.

EDIT: To lisalynn - Your version of "Afro Circus" is better than mine. *bows*

Last edited:

lisalynn

DA DA DADADADA DA DA AFRO DA DA DADADADA DA DA IRIS AFRO IRIS AFRO IRIS BOUFFALANT BOUFFALANT BOUFFALANT AFRO!

I don't think there's much to say, obvious filler is obvious. It was entertaining, timing couldn't be better with Afro Circus going around, happy coincidence for all~!

My favorite part of this episode was undoubtedly this: http://tinyurl.com/7cf3jxm

DA DA DADADADA DA DA AFRO DA DA DADADADA DA DA IRIS AFRO IRIS AFRO IRIS BOUFFALANT BOUFFALANT BOUFFALANT AFRO!

Really?

I wonder what the writers were doing when they thought of making this episode....

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Ash really needs to evolve his pokemon already........

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
For one episode, Cilan becomes Carrot Top!

Overall, this episode wasn't too bad; kind of enjoyable. The various colored afros were the most adorable thing. Gotta collect them all! Emolga was probably the cutest one.

CupidKirby

Snivy had to have made the episode for me, and we haven't seen her for a while anyway. She's seriously the reason why Snivy has easily become one of my favorite Pokemon now. I also loved how Emolga was so attached to the afro; wasn't expecting that. Last thing to note of course was the awesome combo Snivy/Oshawott/Tepig used. It's a shame we don't see things like that in battles anymore. The most we get now is a pokemon doing one smart move, getting praised for it, and that's really it. I'd really like to see Ash pull off a three-move combo again to mess with people.

Vipsoccermaster

Yeah, Snivy was awesome in this episode. And it's a shame we won't see her much again after today. Anyway, this episode was decent. Loved seeing the Afros. It was funny, too.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
This episode was quite funny with all the afro wigs (or curly wigs as stated in the episode), especially how it always baffled the Bouffalant even though the pokemon would cry out 'Scraggy' or 'Axew' for example. I especially liked how Iris Broke away and it reinforced how attached Iris is to Axew, she was really upset when Axew was taken away from her. The final part of the episode which involved a herby quest was my most favourite part of the episode. It just shows how caring and resourceful Iris is, however she couldn't do this one alone, with some smart thinking from Snivy the herbs were retrieved by Jet Pack, oh I mean Tepig, and everything was ok in the world again.

I nice break from pace as we have had quite a few actioned packed episodes of late, so it was a nice change. On to the next one!

SmartD

It was a good episode. Everyone was wearing funny afros and Emolga liked hers a lot. It was funny when Snivy didn't put her's on at first.

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

Once again Oshawott is one of the cutest pokemon alive. The guy with the "amazingly curly hair" in Nurse Joy's flashback reminded me of Flint. The afros were cool too.

ricedonut

pringle user
This was a pretty good filler episode, especially with Snivy throwing tepig and oshawott and oshawott using tepig as a jetpack. But It was weird how TPCI refused to use the term Afro.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
Initially, I was thinking of skipping on seeing this episode primarily from seeing the ridiculousness of everyone having afro wigs. Of course, that little part of me was curious to see it. Needless to say that this was one episode I wished I could un-see...