• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Baffling the Bouffalant! (727)

Battra

More pointless filler dumb filler just cause Japan loves their puns, this episode was stupid the writers who made are stupid & lazy.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Pokemon BW, the games and the anime no doubt, have reignited my liking of pokemon where the sinnoh generation nearly killed it. The anime, I've efinitely enjoyed these past 2 seasons. Can't think of a episode I didn't like that had me changing channels like the sinnoh saga did. Which is why I'm wondering what's taking TPTB so long for the BW series to come out on DVD?

And I'm definitely liking this generation's diversity. Even though they won't say it out loud. Bouffalant when I saw it for the first time was a straight up obvious sign that change was finally coming to the pokemon world.

Waiting for this week's ep.

Last edited:
Um, this is the episode where Tepig and Oshawott fight, then Oshawott blasts away on Tepig's butt like a jetpack, then they make up, right?

Yeah, I don't need to see this in english. -_-

gliscor&yanmega

I enjoyed the dub version, although I could have done without the dub change of "afro" to "curly hair", but whatever.

More pointless filler dumb filler just cause Japan loves their puns, this episode was stupid the writers who made are stupid & lazy.

In other words, you didn't like the episode. No need to start being rude to people for your personal dislike of a fictional show targeted at a young audience.

This was a boring episode, have yet to see the dub version though.

Boring to you, others found it enjoyable.

In other words, you didn't like the episode.
Um, derp?
No need to start being rude to people for your personal dislike of a fictional show targeted at a young audience.
How was that being rude to people? Battra was not replying to anyone, and I don't think the writers can see the post.
Boring to you, others found it enjoyable.

Why are you so defensive of the episode?

gliscor&yanmega

Um, derp?

How was that being rude to people? Battra was not replying to anyone, and I don't think the writers can see the post.

Why are you so defensive of the episode?

Calling someone stupid, regardless or not if they can see it, is rude.

I'm not defensive over the episode, more so I wish people would state their opinions less arrogantly. It's not hard to say "I didn't like this episode, it didn't appeal to me".

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I love the crazy madcap episodes, they always crack me up. :D It's odd that the bouffalant would stop charging someone if they're wearing an afro, but hey, I'll go with it, it's just a show. I especially like Snivy in this episode that she had to be convinced to wear that afro.

7/10

matt0044

I guess that TPCI didn't want to use "afro" was because of racism concerns.

This was a boring episode, have yet to see the dub version though.

Why? I've never know afro to be racist in the slightest.

Canada

Banned
This episode was just a boring filler. The puns were annoying and I don't see why TPCi had a problem with calling the afro wigs afro wigs.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I enjoyed this episode. I loved seeing the main characters and Pokemon wearing wigs. I liked how Pansage's wig looked like it's actual head, I thought he was going to get chased at one point.

NPT

Just a member
Baffling the Bouffalant!

This was an boring episode tbh. Tepig, Oshawott and Snivy getting lost with Iris wasn't good, I'd rather watch their interactions with Ash than watching their interactions with Iris.

It's weird how the Bouffalant mistook Axew and the others as a part of the herd......just because they were wearing 'curly hair'(Afro?) wigs. I mean....how foolish the Bouffalant are? It seemed like curly hair is their identity dress code or something. :p
Seeing Ash and co. wearing those colourful curly wigs was lame, no wonder why Snivy didn't want to wear the wig at first.

Oh well, at least Tepig, Snivy and Oshawott worked together to get the herbs for that injured Bouffalant. It's good to see Ash's Pokémon teaming up to do something good.

Those Bouffalant must have small brains if simple curly wigs fool them.

Now I'm aware of how mean that sort of sounded.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well, I saw this episode, and I found the part when the Pokémon, particularly Snivy, Oshawott, Tepig and Emolga, are fighting over the 'curly wigs' and Ash and friends being chased by the Bouffalant funny. But what I found weird was using one of those 'curly wigs' to avoid being attacked by a Bouffalant seemed to be smart in this episode since the Bouffalant don't have really good recognition (maybe the wigs seem to imitate the Bouffalant's hair?). Overall, I found it funny.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I normally dislike it when the group separates but seeing the two groups wear colorful afro wigs to avoid a Bouffalant stampede was hilarious ha ha. I liked how Iris helped cure the hurt Bouffalant. :3

JudySpell

Banned
The whole curly hair wig stunt to avoid the Bouffalant stampede was kind of humorous for a while & I found this episode to be worthwhile nonetheless. 7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that people who passed through the forest needed wigs to blend in with the wild Buffron population was ridiculous, but I did chuckle when Kibago lost his wig and got chased around. Also, seeing Iris hang out with Mijumaru and Pokabu was refreshing since she hardly interacted with them in the past.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Tepig and Oshawott's quarrel felt pointless. Also, the reasoning behind the wigs is kind of odd. When Ash asked Iris if Tepig and Oshawott behaved while with her, the Pokemon's terrified looks were funny. :p