• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bag Eggs in Battle Revolution

ShadowDragon16

How can the game tell whether or not an Pokemon is a Bad Egg? I traded with someone a few days ago and got a Shiny Celebi, when I hooked it up to PBR it registered it as a bad egg and I couldn't battle with it, whats going on?

Realy? Because when someone traded me a hacked pokemon, it showed up fine. (I don't use it on wi-fi, it was just to fill my pokedex)

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
Pokesav created Pokemon (except clones) turn into bad eggs, as well as any Pokemon that has abnormal stats (I.E., EVs higher than 510). I guess everything else is accepted as long as they have normal stats.

Jacol Beyros

Shiny Hunter
pbr turns pokes with over 510 evs or perfect ivs (i think), because those are hacks. hacks like a dialga caught in route 201 wont get turned into bad eggs if they have legit stats. people often put their newly traded for pokes on pbr as a hack check. pac is the best hack check without a knowledgeable person actually looking at it.

Sunraichu

goldenslaughterer
Pokemon created on Pokesav will be treated as bad eggs...serebii's comic page had a funny one about this subject...

pikakid

jirachi killer
i have about 8 hacked pokemon they are fine but the fact it is a SHINY CELEBI probably aroused suspicion

Arande

only the EV, perfect IV, and illegal moves (usually) are blocked by the filter. Illegal routes get through no problem <_<

And the fact there are no legit shiny celebi should have been a giveaway <_<

Last edited:
What is a 'Bag Egg'?

Btw, this Shiny Arcues I have, caught on Route 228 got through no problem. Good filter eh?

Hauntershadow92

The Mono-type Man
How can the game tell whether or not an Pokemon is a Bad Egg? I traded with someone a few days ago and got a Shiny Celebi, when I hooked it up to PBR it registered it as a bad egg and I couldn't battle with it, whats going on?
A Bad Egg is a Pokemon that has something improper about it and it won't work.
Here is what causes bad eggs:
-More than 255 EVs in a stat
-more than 31 in any IV
-Any illegal movesets
-Weird Location, sometimes
-Anything that isn't possible ingame w/o codes.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

darkness blade

big cuppa... EvIl!
i used a hacked, arcueus, shaymin & darkrai on wi-fi. well my mate did anyways. i just watched. but it worked fine for us.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
i used a hacked, arcueus, shaymin & darkrai on wi-fi. well my mate did anyways. i just watched. but it worked fine for us.

Are you sure it was PBR Wi-Fi and not just one player battles?

Dragonisfire

Terra Master

You can use hacked mons on your own, when not battling online but try to take them online and you get told they aren't allowed in.

{HI}343

pure 1337ness
hmm. I wonder if my shiny deoxys will work. I am pretty sure it came from birth island in emerald (lvl 30 speed form) I don't know if the person who caught it used hax just to get to the island and SRed it or if they used codes to make it shiny. but if what your saying is true it should work. Bad eggs btw sometimes result from data corruption.

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
Another good way for checking hacks out is the DS Battle mode. Usually, before the match starts, the game will scan each players teams. Apparently, sometimes the player will have ineligible Pokemon for battle, as my friend couldn't get in. He had a Pokesav'd on his team.

BTW, don't say anything about rules, cause I didn't olay with Item Clause or Species Clause. Therefore, he should've got in, but his hacks didn't allow him.