• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Balance, a UU RMT.

Addie

(•✖•)
I apologize in advance for the "tl;dr" post, but this really isn't even long. Anyway, this is my current UU team. It's really easy to use, and doesn't require much skill at all. So, here it is. Feel free to rate, hate, or steal it. I'll add more color and stuff later. Oh, and don't give me the "You don't have any special attackers or special walls!", because I only want experienced raters.

Team in Detail:

dpmfb480.png

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/48 Def/208 Spe
Impish nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Light Screen
---

Uxie starts out the battle by giving away an unwanted Choice Scarf to popular leads like Crobat and Froslass, who are both outsped and must switch afterword. If I haven't been Taunted, I set up Stealth Rock, see what comes in, and U-turn out. Light Screen helps my frailer sweepers later on in the match.

EVs: Fairly obvious, but 208 Speed outpaces leads like Crobat and Electrode with the Choice Scarf, letting me give it to them, and the remaining EVs were put into HP and Defense to give me some more bulk for switching into Close Combats and such.

dpmfb398.png

Staraptor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Return
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
---

Staraptor is an sweet wall breaker, being able to tear apart even Steel-types thanks to Close Combat. Registeel and Steelix are both 2HKOed, so they can't switch in. Return is a reliable STAB move that destroys most of the metagame, nothing without a resist can switch in. Brave Bird is another STAB, but it doesn't really do anything but clear Shaymin for Torterra.

EVs: Easy as pie, the Attack EVs and nature let Staraptor get to 558 Attack, even without the Choice Band, so Staraptor can take a Trick pretty well. The Speed EVs allow me to get to 299 Speed, outpacing +Speed Pinsir and +Speed Honchkrow.

dpmfb389.png

Torterra (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
---

Torterra is awesome, it's combination of bulk and power is just sweet. I come in on a resistance, then Rock Polish on the switch, and sweep with great coverage. Wood Hammer nails Ground and Water-types, like Milotic and Claydol, Stone Edge hits Flying-types and dangerous Ice-types, and Earthquake is a great STAB for hitting Steel-types.

EVs: After a Rock Polish, this hits 422 Speed, beating Choice Scarf Roserade and Moltres, as well as Choice Scarf Pinsir. The Attack EVs let me do as much damage as possible, but I might switch the EVs to a more defensive spread later.

dpmfb233.png

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 228 HP / 216 Def / 66 SpD
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
---

Porygon2 is my answer to threats in the metagame such as Staraptor. Everyone in the 'New UU' thread on Smogon said that Porygon2 should stick to OU, but it really works! It also beats Shaymin, thanks to Ice Beam. Thunder Wave allows me to paralyze stuff, and I can Recover off all the damage later.

EVs: The EVs provide general bulkyness with a bias toward the physical side, but it can also take hits from the special side. I removed the standard 40 SpA EVs because it really wasn't needed because Gyarados isn't UU.

dpmfb160.png

Feraligatr (M) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Torrent
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Flail
- Waterfall
---

This is my secret weapon, Dragon Dance Gatr. After a Dragon Dance, it outspeeds a ton, meaning I can get up fast Substitutes. After 3 break, my Liechi Berry activates, sending my opponents into a world of pain. Water + Normal gives great coverage.

EVs: After one Dragon Dance, this outspeeds +Speed base 120s, like Sceptile, and Choice Scarf base 80s, like Blaziken. The Atk EVs allow Gatr to get to 309 Atk, without a boost.

dpmfb217.png

Ursaring (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch
---

Ursaring is the endgame sweeper to end all endgame sweepers. Well, okay, he's not really an late game sweeper, but still. Swords Dance isn't even needed, but it absolutely destroys anything silly enough to get in my way, thanks to STAB Facade. Close Combat handles Steel-types, and Crunch handles Ghost-types. Easy enough.

EVs: After the Quick Feet boost, Ursaring gets to 343 Speed, outpacing neutral Sceptile and +Speed Mismagius. Max Attack allows me to absolutely destroy the opposition, so there's no needed for an Adamant nature.

---

Thanks, that's my team! Hope you have fun rating!

Sprites are from here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/dpmfb.html

Last edited:

Kill.Mate.Repeat.

Feel My Aura
I like this team overall, and not too many overlapping weaknesses.

It intrigued me as to Choice Scarf on your Uxie, because many leads ive faced in the UU already have it. So really it kinda bacfires if thats the case. Take choice scarf moltres for example. I use it as a lead and it disables most other leads by actually using the scarf, not switching it. So if you used trick, you just wasted a turn and i have a free turn to do whatever i want. But otherwise its pretty smart, most uxie have yawn instead.

Ugh, staraptor. Its the usual set, which i think hurts UU too much. I hate it, but makes its own room on this team.

Porygon2 is good because in the new UU, its could be actually be used. Good variation on the EVs there.

The rest of the team is like a UU standard, which isnt bad. I can see you get plenty of wins with it.

Addie

(•✖•)
The leads I see are normally stuff like Crobat and Ambipom, not Moltres. But, even if I do switch Scarves with Moltres or Roserade or something I know what it's going to use next, so I can make a switch. Yes, I know it doesn't lock them in, but it gives me an idea.

I have one question, why in the world it say on Gatr's description that his Petaya Berry will activitate after 3 Subs? It's holding Leichi Berry, just felt like pointing that out. Also even though I'm not to experienced with UU, I do know that all Leftovers users want max Leftovers recovery, and Pory doesn't have it. He reaches the aforementioned recovery point with 228 HP EVs, the rest can look like this 216 Def/66 Sp.D. That spread also has the highest bonus point in Def and the 66 Sp.D EVs are extra, but as you said before there's no need for Sp.A EVs, since Gyara is in OU.

Addie

(•✖•)
1) Petaya Berry was my fault.

2) I actually was using the standard spread, and randomly changed it to a 252 / 252 / 4 spread. Thanks!

Addie

(•✖•)
Argh, dang, another typing error, like the "Petaya" one before it. Fixed.