• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ball Capsules

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
In the Generation 4 games, you could customize your Pokeballs with Ball Capsules and Seals that were basically stickers. What did you think of Ball Capsules? Did you customize your Pokeballs often? Would you like to see them return in the future?

MockingJ

Banned
I didn't use them too often, only when I first learned about them and tried them out. Getting the alphabet Seals was the hardest part since I had to go out and collect the various Unown shapes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't quite see the point of Ball Capsules in Gen IV, truthfully speaking. They were more of an annoyance than a fun novelty since you had to remove the Ball Capsule from a Pokemon if you wanted to deposit it in the PC, which was inconvenient. I also didn't think that the aesthetic quality was really worth it in the end, so I'm not too keen on that gimmick returning again.

Lunalah

I remember seeing these things used in the Sinnoh anime series during contests and thinking that we could use the capsules in the game contests as well, but we couldn't. I thought that the ball capsules were utterly pointless since nobody aside from minor characters in Platinum even used them.

Dicklaycia

Objectively Better Than You
The Ball Capsules were neat, but they could be cumbersome if you want to put something into the PC. If they smooth out things like that, then I would have used them much more. I wish you could have gotten more Seals before the last town in the game before the Pokémon League as well, but alas.