• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Balloon Team ^^

FilFelix

Hi! I'm playing White 2 and I have the team below. I need help to choose two pokemon to complete my team for in-game battles and "friend-battles", not too "competitive". Thanks ^^

Electivire @???
Jolly, Motor Drive
-ThunderPunch
-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Punch

(I'm always start with him ^^. Mainly against water-type and dragon-type)

Starmie @???
Quirky, Natural Cure
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
-Rapid Spin
(She's so fast ^^ I'm thinking in replace Rapid Spin....)

Emboar @???
Relaxed, Blaze
-Heat Crash
-Flame Charge
-Assurance
-Flamethrower

(Strenght! But I don't like this moveset =(...)

Drifblim @???
Quiet, Aftermatch
-Psychic
-Rest
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt

(I love this balloon, so cute ^^ HP and SATK higher, but low DEF. Chesto Berry for Rest?)

Between the pokemon I'm thinking to choose are: a normal-type, a grass-type or an ice-type. But I'm not sure =(

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Starmie would benefit more from Ice Beam than Rapid Spin, go with Wise Glasses as its item.

Psychic wont get you any notable coverage on Drifblim, maybe replace it with Calm Mind so he hits a bit harder, then you can use Rest against special attackers and not have to worry about being OHKO'd.

Thunderbolt will be of no use to Electivire with a Jolly Nature, EQ will serve him much better.

Ugh, Emboar is bad. No need for 3 STAB attacks, and Assurance isn't that great either. Try this:

Emboar @ Muscle Band
~ Flare Blitz
~ Superpower
~ ThunderPunch
~ Earthquake

Hope this helps.

Odin VI

Ice Beam > Rapid Spin since your going not too competitive & if you know your friends dont use Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Stealth rock

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Emboar
Relaxed Nature
~Flamethrower
~Hammer Arm/Brick Break
~Rock Slide/Wild Charge/Thunderpunch
~Scald

Relaxed isn't the best Nature for Emboar, but I assume you're not willing to breed to get a new Tepig. However, Relaxed still allows it to go Mixed, so why not try a Mixed set?
I don't think Emboar needs Earthquake, as it is a Fight-Type. Fight-Type rarely needs EQ since Fight & Ground shares similar coverage, and Fight moves have STAB for them.

Electivire
Jolly Nature
~Thunderpunch
~Fire Punch
~Ice Punch
~Earthquake

You don't need that many Electric moves.

FilFelix

Thanks guys! I will search for the TMs and Move Tutors and make those changes ^^
And about the other two pokes to complete the team, which recommend?

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
For Drifblim, I'd use this set:
Drifblim @ Leftovers
Ability: Aftermath
Nature: Naive/Hasty
Moves:
Thunderbolt
Baton Pass
Stockpile
Calm Mind

Pass +2 Def and SpD, use Calm Mind, and sweep. T Bolt allows it to not be a sitting duck.