• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

caquillo

Hi all!

I noticed I was banned, I was informed that I was not specific enough with my asks so I posted once again with any asks, and I was not aware that was also against the rules.

Is there any way to appeal the ban? Is it temporary or permanent? I have been very active in the Serebii chats since D/P was released, and its very sad that I'm no longer able to participate.

edit: my discord name is: hector#3304

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Kommo-o

POTW Writer and Discord mod
Hi Hector,

The reason why we applied a ban is due to the fact that you have posted repeatedly offering shinies without specifying them despite being warned before. Also, besides that, you were involved on a trade with yologod69 were both of you ended up trading hacked Pokemon to each other and started drama on the trades channel as a result. Even though both of you agreed to do a tradeback, we can't ignore the fact that both of you have been offering shinies of dubious origins before and since you simply refused to specify them after being prompted to do so, it simply leads us to believe that you're doing so intentionally to hide this from other users.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Your ban will stay at least for another week and until then, please use this time to pick more carefully your sources from wherever you obtain shiny Pokemon from. Don't offer shinies coming from Youtube/Twitch streams since most of the time these shinies are hacked/cloned and re-distributing them goes against our rules.

In case you want to clarify this a little bit, can you please tell me where did you obtained the Shiny 6 IV BR Kommo-o you attempted to trade yologod69 before?

caquillo

Hi Kommo-o,

All the shinies that I trade on Serebii were obtained from trades in Serebii, or caught my own self. The Kommo-o was no different, I received in on a trade from another member on the discord server.

As far as the trade with yologod69, I spoke in-depth with Sicksadpanda, and I explained every single bit of the situation. I even shared screenshots of the entire conversation, I had NO idea the Kommo-o was hacked, in fact he never showed prove he just accused me of it and he never traded it back to me, so for all I know he could have been lying. I don't trade hacked Pokemon, and if I do I usually gift them and let the receiver know they are hacked as I have no need/care for those Pokemon in my game. All the Pokemon I received from yologod69 were hacked, every single one of them came from JohnnyCanal, which doing a simple google search shows that he is a Youtuber and Twitch streamer that generates Pokemon and trades them to his viewers. When he was called out, he got defensive and resorted to insults and making the entire thing difficult (in screenshots showing to Sicksadpanda). I spoke with another friend who traded with him before I did, and he mentioned he did the exact same thing, so he was FULLY aware his Pokemon were hacked before trading me. I was not aware of the procedure to reporting as when the nIRC chat days, you couldn't simply reach-out to mods. Once I did speak with Sicksadpanda, I also went ahead and removed my messages from the main board.

Again, Sicksadpanda has all the screen shots for this, and every other shiny I traded was legitimately caught or traded here. If the Kommo-o was truly hacked I had no idea of it, and I immediately offered a trade back as I don't believe in scamming. If you believe that alone is worth banning me, then please don't ever remove the ban as I don't want to be on a server/community with those kind of standards, where owning up to your mistakes is punishable. I've been a member of this community for the past 12-13 years, and have been a loyal visitor to this page on a daily basis. If I truly was a shady individual with intentions to willingly trade hacked Pokemon, I would've been caught and banned years ago. Not that this website owes me anything, but it truly saddens me it has come to this.

As far as me requesting shinies without specific offers, I found it fine since lots of people do it and no one else gets warned. Once I received the warning, I modified my message to just include the requested Pokemon, I made no offerings, which I only did once. I was not aware this was also against the rules as the warning did not specify that, I find it a little harsh that a two week ban is in place for this.

Sicksadpanda

Discord Staff
Hello caquillo,

We've discussed your ban appeal with other discord moderators, and we've decided to lift your ban as we think 1 week ban was enough. Please keep in mind that the ban was for 3 different reasons at once. I'd like you to understand our ban reasoning in order to prevent further problems in the future.

1. Causing unnecessary drama. While I understand you were upset and defensive, posting it publicly on a trades channel (or any other channel really) is not the action you should be doing. If a trouble arises, please report to a mod, and during the process, refrain from communicating with the other users to prevent the drama from escalating.

2. Trading a suspicious/hacked pokemon. In this case, it was your Shiny Kommo-o that caught our attention. The other user had mentioned that he expected all shinies during the trades would have your OT, the Kommo-0 was the only one without your OT out of the other shinies you've offered. Not only it didn't have your OT, it had 6IV...which makes it pretty unlikely to have. And while that's not necessarily impossible, the explanation you've given was "I got it from another trade" isn't an acceptable answer. We expect all traders to ensure the legitimacy of their pokemon, and being unable to prove legitimacy is problematic.

3. Not specifying a trade offer. While this is pretty straightforward, we still expect you to make offers without generalization.

It was really a mixture of all 3 that we felt a timeout was necessary. But I hope the explanations were sufficient enough to help prevent further problems.

There are a few notes I'd like to mention as well. Should you end up trading a hacked pokemon unknowingly. Please initiate a full trade back, don't let them keep the hacked pokemon. Even if you offered to give back the pokemon, and let them keep the hacked pokemon, it can cause problems in the future...and it's really no different to violating the giveaway rule. The best case scenario would be to take it back, and then either further investigate in legitimacy (we can help you with that), or just release it.

We also want you to avoid doing uneven trades (example: 4 pokemon for 5 pokemon) as that can lead to scams very easily.

That being said, you can ask me any further questions on Discord.

Hi Kommo, i was banned months ago for saying the same message over in different chats. I’m truly sorry and would like to see how i can get unbanned because I was a frequent user on the discord and i’ve been a fan of serebii for over ten years. again i’m truly sorry and it won’t happen again.

Wowtothewee

Hi I'm Wowtothewee, I got into an difference of ideals. A person in the server was question my belief that the pokemon games were not getting worse but actually getting better. I will admit I shouldn't have been as aggressive as I was, but I feel that I'm right. People don't like these games because gamefreaked ruined content in exchange for a better overall gameplay, but the gameplay felt WORSE at times and just stupid. I swear sword and shield divided the community. I understand if you have different beliefs, but people REALLY hate these games and look down upon then even people like alpharad and other big time youtubers were digested by these games. We are all allowed to have our oppinon on these games.

I was kicked because I compared a game that came nearly 8-9 years ago because it is truly superior to a game that came out recently, since it has a better post game and a better facilities that are just... well... BETTER. The PWT > New Galar Tourney. Exploring N's Castle > The stupid knight brothers. A bunch of legendaries to catch > basically none in base game besides the box art.

I'm sorry, if I was rude, I can change but if I respect your oppinon than you have to respect mine.

Sicksadpanda

Discord Staff
Please do not hijack another person's ban appeal thread. If you wish to submit an appeal, please make a new thread instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.