• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ban Homework??

chinchourulz

200% Quality Poster
i dont think komework should be banned.
as much as i hate doing it it actually helps me improve on my work so i dont think it should be banned ;)

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
Just limit it >_>

SapphireMyuu

I learn best by reviewing so, I wouldn't want homework to be (totally) banned.

But banning homework probably wouldn't make a difference to kids i go to school with, since most of them don't do it.

Or if it is done it was during homeroom or lunch.

WhipIt

Munchlax sez hai!
I want no homework!

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
SPAM EVERYWHERE! But honestly, I think everyone seems to have a thing for completely screaming out an end to all homework oppression!

mewmew202

I believe that it really depends on the kind of work assigned. Things that enforce the skills learned in class are beneficial but others might not be quite as much such as drawing a picture that depicts a scene in a book in a non art related class. I believe that homework right now IS necessary because I know most people would not just choose to study on there own and would rather goof off if they didn't have it. It is boring, time consuming, and sometimes gives you headaches but honestly what would you learn without it if you didn't quite understand in class? Though I don't like homework at all I can certainly see why it is needed.

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
Look, kids barely do thier homework in the first place, so it would be stupid to ban it. i know some of yopu think its great that there would be no homework, but you would eventually end up working at wal-mart or Mconalds. No Ban.

Interwebz

Cool story, bro
The kids who want homework banned are just too stupid or lazy.
I mean, damn; just copy off of some kid like everyone else does. That's how most slackers get by. That's pretty much how I get by :]. It's not necessarily the best thing to do, but it beats complaining about it. >_>

The way I see it, homework is optional. You don't have to do it, so why complain?
Of course, by not doing it you're pretty much choosing to fail. inb4 "lol hypocrite, you do homework in the lunchroom before school starts, you're no better than the rest of us lolol"

FreedomX10A

Infinite Atmosphere
Homework should not be banned.
Why?
Because it helps you improve.
Seriously. Think about it.
How do you improve in mathematics? Do math.
How do you do math? Homework.

How do you improve in English? Read and Write.
How do you write? Homework.

Everything leads down to homework. I myself dislike homework and usually don't do it.
But i've been failing my grades. And I'm only in grade 9.
Come on, who in grade 9 fails an exam?
So basically Homework helps you.

I can finally say, don't listen to the angel in your head, the devil is ALWAYS right!

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
Homework should not be banned.
Why?
Because it helps you improve.
Seriously. Think about it.
How do you improve in mathematics? Do math.
How do you do math? Homework.

How do you improve in English? Read and Write.
How do you write? Homework.

Everything leads down to homework. I myself dislike homework and usually don't do it.
But i've been failing my grades. And I'm only in grade 9.
Come on, who in grade 9 fails an exam?
So basically Homework helps you.

I can finally say, don't listen to the angel in your head, the devil is ALWAYS right!

So true, but why should children that fail exams just add more homework.

BloodthirstPriest

I don't speak monkey
Homework SHOULD stay... I mean it doesn't even take out the minority of your time, and if someone says it does take a long time, then they must be either so SLOW or they're just leaving those big things to the last day. If you really think that homework is time consuming, than you might as well wear diapers, because the average human spends 1 year and six months of his/her life in the bathroom.

Doing your homework constantly is actually better than studying for tests a few days before.
To be honest I really think that homework helps you more than teachers.

Last edited:

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
As much as everyone hates homework, it is a necessary fact of life. It helps you. Half the populations are just too lazy to do it, and have no thought that learning is vital to do well in later life. But then again, when i get given a wordsearch as my homework, i do start thinking how pointless it is sometimes.
people should design homework which is useful and entertaining to encourage people to actually do it.

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
As much as everyone hates homework, it is a necessary fact of life. It helps you. Half the populations are just too lazy to do it, and have no thought that learning is vital to do well in later life. But then again, when i get given a wordsearch as my homework, i do start thinking how pointless it is sometimes.
people should design homework which is useful and entertaining to encourage people to actually do it.

Teah, when school starts again in september/august, half the bums that sit in front of serebii will be feeling this good, theyyle be thinking they can do thier homwork later, but, they forget and.....DOOM. no im just kidding, do your homework!!

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming

Of course, that is what homework should be in the minds of students. However, life/laziness interferes and homework gets tossed aside. As you progress through life and become older, there are other things that are more important to you. However, the message is clear in many of our minds that homework needs to be done if we are to achieve good grades and pass the grade we are in.

Unfortunately, the message is unclear in many of the other minds of students. That, along with many other factors (such as the fact that many students have practice for sports), is why many fail to complete assignments.

Regarding "fun" assignments, such as wordsearches, think of it as a break. Yes, it is basically pointless, but at least it isn't assignments that are difficult and extremely time consuming.

Nyx

TornWorld Tour Guide
Hell to the no.
With out homework school alone wouldn't be enough to get the people of this nation smart enough to function with their daily lives after the school years.

People are dumb enough as it is.

Night_Umbreon

Oh god! The imagery!
Although I agree with the replies for homework not to be banned. I stick to my morals and say "School is for school and home is for home". Once your done with set working time, that's it, no more until the next day. Plus, and this is from a strictly personal point of view, homework puts a great deal of stress on me. I can do tests and be as cool as anything. But homework, stresses the hell out of me. Curse you Dyspraxia!!!

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
I think a big part of the anti-homework movement is unfortunately because of the procrastination issue, and not because of lack of family time. I for one can couch that I hate homework because I would rather be doing non-productive stuff instead.

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
I think a big part of the anti-homework movement is unfortunately because of the procrastination issue, and not because of lack of family time. I for one can couch that I hate homework because I would rather be doing non-productive stuff instead.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
...Homework shouldn't be allowed it's as simple as that. Kids learn in school, once they leave there is no longer any need for it. When they're at home that's their own time, which should be spent doing what they want, if they want to study etc. that's fine. If they want to bang their head against the wall, go for it. Teachers know they shouldn't give homework, but they do it anyway.