• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Band Geeks!!!

MuzikMaestro

>Never Say I Die<
Anyone else here a band geek? Orchestra dork? Choir nerd? Let the world know! :D

Lucario188

Aura Guardian
I'm an orchestra dork! I'm in two orchestras. I've been playing the violin for 9 years and I love it!
I also play the flute, and I like to sing, but I don't do either in school.
I love to listen to music as well, and I'm always doing so.
So, yeah, music is a big part of life.

You play the oboe right Muzi?

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I used to be, I graduated already. Funny thing though, we were actually the popular ones(at least my group of friends).

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
Hell ya! I currently play clarinet with the school band and sing in the chorus. Lots of fun stuff. I've also played the violin for 6 years now and I'm hoping to join orchestra when I get to highschool. Oh, I also do jazz band with my clarinet.

Sigilyph2

Trainer of Champions
I play Trombone and drums and its awesome. I play drums outside of band 99% of the time but I still play sometimes. I'm in concert band, jazz band, and a trombone ensemble. :)

In order of most experience, I play:
Baritone (6 years)
Tuba (4 years)
Bass Guitar (2 years)
Trombone (1 month)

I'm definitely more of a low-brass girl.

However, I love the tenor sax a lot. I might pick that up once I nail down the treble clef.

MuzikMaestro

>Never Say I Die<
I'm an orchestra dork! I'm in two orchestras. I've been playing the violin for 9 years and I love it!
I also play the flute, and I like to sing, but I don't do either in school.
I love to listen to music as well, and I'm always doing so.
So, yeah, music is a big part of life.

You play the oboe right Muzi?
haha I wish I played oboe. I'm learning soon from my bf (he and my bestie are attempting to teach me piano, guitar, and oboe)
I've played mellophone for 5 years now and french horn for 7.... I've competed on horn for a year and played jazz tenor for 5 years. this is my second year doing orchestra.

Rave

Banned
i played the sexyphone

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I love music, which is why I've continued to participate in my school band for all these years. I've considered joining a chorus, but I think I'd rather focus on my instrumental for school. I very much enjoy singing on my free time, actually on a daily basis. :p

I'm playing the flute, and I've been wanting to get a pan flute to try out for a while as well. Hopefully next summer, I'll have the time and consideration to get one.

Lucario188

Aura Guardian
haha I wish I played oboe. I'm learning soon from my bf (he and my bestie are attempting to teach me piano, guitar, and oboe)
I've played mellophone for 5 years now and french horn for 7.... I've competed on horn for a year and played jazz tenor for 5 years. this is my second year doing orchestra.

Oh, sorry, I thought you played oboe because of Pokémon Highschool. But I know you play French Horn because of your DA *derp, feels stupid now* Wow, I want to learn to play the piano, but I don't have time to learn. It's great that they are willing to teach you! How do you compete on the horn?

MuzikMaestro

>Never Say I Die<
PMEA festivals... we compete to see who gets to go to states on their instrument...

Lucario188

Aura Guardian
Oh, it's like the All-State Music Festival where I live. I've done All-State for the past two years, I think it's really fun.

MuzikMaestro

>Never Say I Die<
really? you made all-states? sweet! I'm a junior, so last year my first year I was eligible to compete. I came in 5th place at pre-auds (out of 20 top horns in my district).... from there I went to districts and then to regionals, but in the state qualification audition I missed states by 2 chairs.... this year, I'm going to the top for band AND orchestra though!

Lucario188

Aura Guardian
Yes, it's so fun! I came in 8th in the state two years ago and 19th last year. I'm a junior too! And congrats on almost getting it in to states! Good luck this year! (I feel like I need to use fewer exclamation points when I type.)
I only have to do one audition though because there aren't districts or regionals in my state, everyone in the state only auditions for All-State. There's also Junior All-State for grades 7-9 and Senior All-State for grades 10-12, so more kids can participate from a younger age. I couldn't do it in 7th or 8th grade because one of the requirements is that you must play in your school orchestra, and I played my flute in band in middle school, not my violin in orchestra, so I couldn't audition >.>

MuzikMaestro

>Never Say I Die<
we don't do junior states.... only 10-12 grade for PMEA.

Lucario188

Aura Guardian
Oh, that's too bad. I think it's good for slightly younger kids to have the experience of auditioning and participating too.

MuzikMaestro

>Never Say I Die<
so do I... my band director's dumb though.... he didn't give me any help preparing for districts or regions this past year.... I'm making it to states with my own help, my private teacher's help, and God's help.....

Lucario188

Aura Guardian
I know how you feel, my orchestra director can be a bit trying a lot of the time... most people don't like him, I think he's okay. I get help from my private teacher too, she's wonderful.
Again, good luck! With hard work and good motivation, anything can be accomplished.

MuzikMaestro

>Never Say I Die<
I know how you feel, my orchestra director can be a bit trying a lot of the time... most people don't like him, I think he's okay. I get help from my private teacher too, she's wonderful.
Again, good luck! With hard work and good motivation, anything can be accomplished.

my band director's a bit of a *insert slang term for part of the male anatomy here*..... he completely neglects me till the day of auditions, and then abandons me to my own defenses at the festivals... but gets mad when I make friends with the directors of other bands....

Lucario188

Aura Guardian
That sucks. He can't blame you for his own shortcomings.
My orchestra director isn't that bad, luckily. I guess there's always something worse...