• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banette VS Dusclops

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Who do you guys think is better in terms of ingame play? Like for the E4 for example. Who do you think performs better?

Kalosian

So long
I never used either of them on an in-game team, but I have always preferred Dusclops anyway. It has a better movepool and is more defensive compared to Banette which is very frail and only has Shadow Ball as its main way of dealing raw damage. On the other hand, Banette has much higher Attack and could be the better option in some situations, but I'd still say Dusclops is better.

Duschii

Joltik, The Cutest
I have chosen Dusclops in my first Emerald game... Nicknamed it Duschi... just like me :D thats why i lik it more :)

M4zz

Banned
Arguably, Banette is better. Here's why:

-People tend to use this thing wrong, and really forget about the fact it has 3 immunities, and not one.
-Can actually deal decent damage between Shadow Ball and Return.
-Has a very usable Special attack stat of base 83.
-Also gets Will-O-Wisp.
-Outspeeds Dusclops.

Banette
-Shadow Ball
-Return
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp

Really, that set there does wonders in the in-game. I guess people just use it wrong and only see the two usable Physical moves.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Dusclops, better stats, apperance, movepool. It's one of the best 3rd Gen ghost types. Dusknoir is better though.. Even though he's 4th gen

orochi

dusclops is great if you like to outlast your opponent, banette is great with its attack stat. since shadow ball is a physical move in that game(that always confused me) that would be banettes best attack. it you raise bannets attack and speed, you can easily weaken your opponent. i prefer pokemon with great STAB moves and ones that are best for offense(though i still have my umbreon), so my choice is banette. though dusclops is a great choice is you like defensive pokemon.

Last edited:

frenky

Champion
i vote dusclops , i never play with banette

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Dusclops, it's got better stats and movepool.

EnragedSwalot

ehh... dusclops is cooler looking, but that doesn't always decide whats better. I like to have fun screwing people over with dusclops, but in reality banette is a bit worse to deal with. I'd say that in banette vs. dusclops, there equal.

Dusclops all the way. Love its cry; love its design; love its movepool :D
Shadow Ball (Shadow Punch for those who don't wanna use the TM) + Dynamicpunch was the moveset to beat. For pre-E4, that is.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
I would have to say Dusclops. Banette has a nice attack and all, but Dusclops has high defenses and a good movepool.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I prefer Sableye but Banette is okay

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I've never used Dusclops, but I planned to, I've used Bannette though, and it was great. For an ingame Pokemon, it had a great moveset with WoW, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt and Return. So I think they're equal.

WastingLight

Go with Bannette, in my current emerald game I am using it and it is amazing. Plus like others have said it has good stats which will come in handy against the E4

Cutty

Forever now
Bannette for will-o-wisp.
I've never used them both though.