• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banjo-Kazooie Spiritual Successor Yooka-Laylee Confirmed

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I only said it would do better on Wii U because I have hardly heard about people in other consoles craving for a platformer.

Then again, those who liked Banjo-Kazooie maybe moved away from Nintendo.
It should be Nintendo fans who aren't craving platformers, especially since there's already 3 Marios, a Kirby, and another Mario and a new Yoshi soon on the Wii U. The Xbone and PS4 only have Project Spark and LBP3 respectively as a cartoony 3D platformer, so there should at least be some demand for more of these type of games.

I agree with AuraChannelerChris. There's likely more demand for this game on Nintendo than on other consoles. True, PS4 and Xbox One have larger userbases, but I don't think a lot of those gamers are really interested in cartoony platformers. PC might have more sales though.
I guess I can kinda see it selling a bit more on Wii U than on Xbone, but the PS4 has twice the install base. And like ACC said, the BK fans back in the 90s most likely have moved on from Nintendo. Selling more on Steam would be a good bet, IMO, especially with those sweet Steam deals.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I wouldn't doubt seeing PC get the majority of sales especially because of Steam's sales. I don't really see Xbone getting more sales than Wii U, doesn't seem like the majority of fan base will care about a game like this. Although the PS4 might get the most on console but with the Wii U not to far behind. Cause I'm sure with most Nintendo Fans seeing the usual platformers of Mairo, Kirby, Yoshi they'll definitely give something new a try

Btw, the Kickstarter passed £1.1 million just another £100,000 to get the LP.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
It should be Nintendo fans who aren't craving platformers, especially since there's already 3 Marios, a Kirby, and another Mario and a new Yoshi soon on the Wii U. The Xbone and PS4 only have Project Spark and LBP3 respectively as a cartoony 3D platformer, so there should at least be some demand for more of these type of games.

Nintendo fans usually are geared more towards platformers because they love those type of games, which is probably why Nintendo has Mario, Kirby and Yoshi made because they know it'll appeal to them. Yooka-Laylee being another one doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be met with indifference, in fact I'd say the opposite as along with the fanbase already being more open to platformers, it reminds them of their classic favorites like Banjo-Kazooie. So due to that, you'll probably get a lot of people buying it to enjoy that old feel that hasn't been revisited since the N64/Playstation days.

Having said that, I also feel that the most sales will come from the PC, with PS4 and the Wii U following after.

Last edited:
I finally contributed as well. Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie were great games. I'm expecting a new, great experience from Yooka-Laylee as well.

P.S. Here's the song from the intro video, composed by Grant Kirkhope: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKikiy_ZFM

GravityStorm

Got it memorized?
The songs on the Kickstarter page sound like they're ripped right out of Banjo Kazooie and Tropical Freeze. I like them both, but I hope they try to give this game it's own identity instead of just relying on their past projects.
Even though I have no plans on supporting it on Kickstarter, I am very excited to see how this turns out; everything I've seen so far suggests these guys are genuinely trying to make a great game and are having fun doing it.

The songs on the Kickstarter page sound like they're ripped right out of Banjo Kazooie and Tropical Freeze. I like them both, but I hope they try to give this game it's own identity instead of just relying on their past projects.
Even though I have no plans on supporting it on Kickstarter, I am very excited to see how this turns out; everything I've seen so far suggests these guys are genuinely trying to make a great game and are having fun doing it.

The jungle level track sounds different from any banjo kazooie track, but i mean, yeah, it's going to sound similar considering its done by the same person. Grant Kirkhope does the same melody for a lot of his compositions. Main thing i like about the project personally is that they aren't burdened by any higher up like Microsoft, so they can potentially make the product that they want to make without any issue. That's pretty much what drove Rare into the toilet.

From the looks of the concept art, it does look like in addition to the jungle level, we're getting a snowy level as well. In terms of level design and locale, it'll be interesting to see where they go. Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie have had so many different locales so it's hard to figure where they could go.
BK: desert, haunted house, tropical cove, forest with seasonal parts, harbor in a bay, snowy peak, a swamp, and a watery cavern.
BT: Mayan temples and forest, fire and ice level, sky level, underwater level, prehistoric level, amusement park, an industry and a mine.

Djura

99% chance to hit
Sigh.

After I was excited for it, this guy had to dash my hopes and dreams. Oh well. I've learned how to take disappointment.

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
This game looks promising and creative, from a B-K fan. I really hope that this game could have the same taste of our beloved bear and bird duo.

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
O.M. Flippin. G

Speaking as someone who grew up watching my brother pummel Witches's til they're black and blue, rip patches off dinosaur's and be chased around a cargo ship by little green men...

I'd like to say AWESOME

The graphics are amazing, I love the character design and the whole Pagies thing is epic! Plus since Nuts and Bolts was a bit of a failure, due to it's quirky game mechanics and un-captivating storyline, this is looking promising! I'm glad to see that they didn't drop the project after that. And even if it isn't a sequel, it's something!

Cloneydew2000

WildScraggyAppeared!
I can not wait. The original Banjo is my favourite game EVAR, so it's fantastic that this game is being made. Not enough like it in my opinion, so its good that for the occasion that one is being made it is by such awesome people. Grant Kirkhope is SO AWESOME BTW

-Raiga-

I have to say I'm not entirely surprised it's taken off the way it has with gamers. Every year that goes by it feels like gamers that grew up playing games from the 90's/early 2000's are getting more and more frustrated by the prominence of big budget titles that offer little in the way of innovation. The revival of an almost unanimously beloved game from that era is something almost all of them(or us, cuz I know I'm one of them) can get behind.

Normally I'd be a little sketchy on the idea of a developer taking no risks and basically relying on their previous success, but in this case it's understandable. It's a good sure-fire way to get their company off the ground. And while I'm sure this game will be great, I'm more looking forward to what they do after it comes out. Fingers crossed for a true-blue killer instinct revival.