• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banned for guns?

Sigh!

Bad Taste Everywhere
So the Legend of Dratini was banned for guns right? so in Here comes the Squirtle Squad Team rocket stole from a shop with guns and at least 5 guns were Pointed at ash so why was it banned again?Edit:rank change ^_^

Last edited:

PDL

disenchanted
the guns were actually fired at Ash and his friends in the Dratini episode.

May Ketchum

Dawn IS my world....
The guns in the Squritle Squad were just pointed at Ash, and Officer Jenny came in and stopped the mad people inside

Cobalt_Latios

So the Legend of Dratini was banned for guns right? so in Here comes the Squirtle Squad Team rocket stole from a shop with guns and at least 5 guns were Pointed at ash so why was it banned again?Edit:rank change ^_^
There was actually 2 reasons for the ban. The first one was with the guns, and the second one involved something to do with Jessie. That's about it. Can't quite remember where I found the second reason though.

Rant:
Quite funny really, how many superhero shows involve guns being fired at the hero, and yet they don't ban it. Then this show comes along, and this episode has guns fired at main character-missing them of course-and they ban it. To make it even funnier(if anyone has seen the original version/fandub), take a look at how that scene is portrayed as a old western and then you'll find some hypocracy there. There willing to show us stuff with SH and Westerns that aren't half bad, and yet they can't show us a show from another country that does basically the same thing and yet they ban it.
End Rant

Then again, there's still that OTHER scene to consider.

~C_L~

I think the Dratini episode got the banned treatment becuase of Columbine. I heard it somewhere, I just can't find it. ;025;

phyzexxx

Greatest Caution
As evebody has said, it was banned because the Game Warden shot at them, and in the Squirtle they just pointed at them.

odd sponge out

Number One Fangirl
If I remember right, Jessie was trying to seduce the old safari man. :/

BugLoverCody

Drowns in Cultness
The Dratini episode was aired where I live. There was no censorship, the gun was shown and I clearly remember it.

I found it kinda dumb they censored it anyways >.>

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
*facepalm*

Cobalt_Latios said:
Rant:
Quite funny really, how many superhero shows involve guns being fired at the hero, and yet they don't ban it.

Most superheroes aren't ten-year-old kids.

Then this show comes along, and this episode has guns fired at main character-missing them of course-and they ban it.

Whether the shot is on-target is irrelevant. The fact is, you have a grown man shooting at minors, putting their lives in danger. That kind of stuff is hard to get by a TV-Y7 FV censor, much less the TV-Y censors Pokemon had to deal with.

Rex Kamex

At least the episode isn't completely gone from the US. There are still snippets of it within the PokeRap- *stabbed*

the guns were actually fired at Ash and his friends in the Dratini episode.

chorusco said:
Yeah They Shot At Ash

phyzexxx said:
As evebody has said, it was banned because the Game Warden shot at them, and in the Squirtle they just pointed at them.

Actually, it was Team Rocket that he actually fired at, but still...

Weedle_Mchairybug

Hi. Listen, about the whole "Banned Safari" thing. the whole thing is Pretty pointless, especially since "Mystery of the Lighthouse" had team rocket firing Bazookas at the Giant Dragonite. I mean really, if they were going to ban "Legend of Dratini" just because it had guns shooting, shouldn't they ban "Mystery of the Lighthouse" for gun use as well? I mean, the last time I checked, "Mystery of the Lighthouse" is still airing on tv. And I doubt that the whole "Ash caught his Krabby/Kingler in that episode" would have saved it from being banned, considering that the banned eps. "Legend of Dratini" and even "Tentacool and Tentacruel" featured captures in that episode (though, with the latter, it isn't as big of an impact since the majority of us at least saw it before it was banned by KidsWB, unlike the Legend of Dratini.)
anyways, that's all for now.

Rant:
Quite funny really, how many superhero shows involve guns being fired at the hero, and yet they don't ban it. Then this show comes along, and this episode has guns fired at main character-missing them of course-and they ban it. To make it even funnier(if anyone has seen the original version/fandub), take a look at how that scene is portrayed as a old western and then you'll find some hypocracy there. There willing to show us stuff with SH and Westerns that aren't half bad, and yet they can't show us a show from another country that does basically the same thing and yet they ban it.
End Rant
~C_L~
It's all about the company that does the dub. Every company works different.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I find that a lame way to ban episodes...there are tons of shows with guns and kids watch them, also i remember an episode when a bad guy pointed a gun at pikachu, scaring it away....

mangaeyes

Hi. Listen, about the whole "Banned Safari" thing. the whole thing is Pretty pointless, especially since "Mystery of the Lighthouse" had team rocket firing Bazookas at the Giant Dragonite. I mean really, if they were going to ban "Legend of Dratini" just because it had guns shooting, shouldn't they ban "Mystery of the Lighthouse" for gun use as well? I mean, the last time I checked, "Mystery of the Lighthouse" is still airing on tv. And I doubt that the whole "Ash caught his Krabby/Kingler in that episode" would have saved it from being banned, considering that the banned eps. "Legend of Dratini" and even "Tentacool and Tentacruel" featured captures in that episode (though, with the latter, it isn't as big of an impact since the majority of us at least saw it before it was banned by KidsWB, unlike the Legend of Dratini.)
anyways, that's all for now.

Why was the Tentacool/Tentacruekl episode banned?

Weedle_Mchairybug

Why was the Tentacool/Tentacruekl episode banned?

Sigh, basically they banned it (as in, they took it off of syndication) due to the September 11th attacks, since the giant Tentacruel was knocking down buildings during it's enraged moments. Well, that, and Nastina was shooting at it from mortars from her tank to using Machine gun fire. Like the Legend of Dratini, this episode is also very important, plotwise, since this reveals one of Misty's quirks (her love for a pokemon that are usually hated, like the Tentacool/Tentacruel family, for example.), and plus, it also featured a pokemon capture in the end (Misty's Horsea), though unlike it, it at least had several airings prior to it whileas the Dratini ep hadn't even been shown.

The banning of episodes just because of gun use is pointless. I mean, why ban them if they are going to go into very big plotholes?
Besides, there have been plenty of kids shows that deal with firearms, should we ban every single mainstream childrens network as well?

Swampert_22

Surf this/////// :(
I have that episode on the tentacool
theres not any thin wrong

nintendofreakgcn

Seeker of the truth
What I find really hypocritical in regards to the guns is that other 4kids-related shows, such as Sonic X and TMNT, can have practically an entire army fire on the main characters with all manner of guns. To be fair, I think they usually make the sounds rather laser-like for such things, but I don't know of any reason why they couldn't have done that for Pokemon as well.

Still, perhaps we should just be grateful that we can at least have guns pointed at characters in this show, unlike in Yugi-Oh (well, from what I've heard).