• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banned from discord without warning kinda bummed out :/

Garlicky

Hello, I was discussing competitive battling with other users then I got kicked from the discord by a mod named Jellal then I waited a lil bit and rejoined then I got banned from the discord by an unknown moderator and I don't really know why, nor was I given any warning or questioned about anything beforehand. My username is Garlic®#3085 I think I deserve a chance to defend myself or get warned before just being banned I just don't see the point of insisting on the forum that you get warned and banned. When I never got warned I dont see the point of putting that up.

Ill admit I was being a douchebag but I lose my temper easily when snarky snide responses are being made to throw my whole argument into lake erie. For example I was bickering with why heracross can be overpowered if it got DD or Agility I think it could have sweeping potential and but one user wants to say that heracross cant do much against flying types even though it gets.. rock blast and another constantly repeats about how scarfed mons can take down Heracross even though my whole argument is mostly based around how it can destroy obliterate teams not how it can be countered. ill admit I was being an infantile dirtbag and I did have a mild outburst prior but I hate "hive minded" arguments towards points I make I think everyone's points should be respected then politely critiqued.

I was not trying to rude or abusive in anyway possible and if you saw it that way too bad it wasint a hostile response towards anyone it just what they spoke out and responded with is what im attacking not the human being

Last edited:

Sicksadpanda

Discord Staff
Hello Garlic,

The reasoning for the ban was the aggression you've made towards others during a disagreement. When you create a balancing statement, people have responded that they feel differently. However, the moment that happened, you lashed out against them with aggressive or rude remarks. Instead of allowing them to prove their point, you just kept attacking them to the point where it seemed like you were trolling for attention.

A proper argument is to understand their side, and try not to turn your speculations into facts. Everyone has differing experiences with PvP, and it might be worth listening to their side. If you disagree with their statement, don't be aggressive about it, say something like "Wouldn't it make sense to do this" or "Why would/wouldn't this work?"

It's honestly really aggravating for everyone when you try to push speculations or belief into facts (aka, Heracross is confirmed to be overpowered if it gets Dragon Dance).

That being said, I've decided to keep the ban for 3 days and will remove the ban by Friday.

Garlicky

Ok I understand how you saw it that way.. but may I have an apology for the inconvenience and the lack of warning that is all I feel like warnings are alot appropriate instead of banning from the get go it feels like an abuse of power when you hit the ban hammer on someone randomly and like there is an ego trip cause I see alot of appeals in relation to being banned without warning.. this is no criticism or attack its just my outspoken slip.. about this.. just my 2 cents about it all