• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banned from #SPP or #SPP-Wifi unfairly, post here. READ. THE. FIRST. POST!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
All bans by Serebii are 5 minutes.
Always.

That's ban evasion. :|

Whenever one disconnects and logs back in is ban evasion? I don't do that only when I'm banned, which is rare. I do that all the time, and that is what I did once I was kicked. I've been a test kick dummy before, and I when I logged out and back in I was allowed back in immediately. I wasn't aware that they were all 5-10 minutes. However, I do understand your position and that you may be skeptical. But I just wanted to clear up my position. How long should this last?

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
The fact that your vhost was banned and when you logged back in your vhost was off, thus allowing you to evade a ban is skeptical, but hey.

Reading the rules is awesome because posting the .net is what got you banned for advertising, had you read the rules you'd have known this. I'm sure you know it anyways, but had you even taken time to read this topic you'd also know that it's for unfair bans.

Yours isn't unfair, so don't waste our time by complaining lolz.

Last edited by a moderator:

pocketmunster

munster in my pocket
Chatroom name:TheSecondComing
Chatroom:SPP-wifi
Operator in question:Cheesuscrust
Kick message: Go be anoying somewhere else.
Time and date: Not sure exactly but it was yesterday july 28 sometime in the afternoon.
Logs: Okay, first I would like to start off by appologising, the story is kind of wierd. I wnet into the chat as thesecondcoming and I thoght it was funny when I seen someone named cheesuscrust, so I asked him if he wanted to battle to prove who the real jesus is he said no, so then I went on proclaming to be the real jesus and how i dont even have to battle to prove it. I just wanted to apologize for insulting him and being such an annoying idiot. I was just wondering if this ban is pemanent and if there is any possiblity of this being looked past and giving me a second chance. Again im really sorry about being an idiot and if you could tell the mod that booted me that im sorry for the incident I would appreciate it. Thanks for your time and sorry again for being an idiot...

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
This thread is for unfair bans, not to apologize for being an idiot. The only bans that are permanent are akicks, in which you're kicked by the bot every single time you try to enter. The longest it would be otherwise is an untimed ban, which is cleared when the list is cleared, so it'd probably be a day or 2 depending on how fast the banlist gets full.

Next time read the rules before posting :/

evandeck

Chatroom name: evandeck
Chatroom: #spp
Operator in question: Don't know
Kick message: Don't advertise
Time and date: August 4 6:45AM eastern
Logs: Not Sure

I mentioned Pokemon.com and it banned me. Why did it ban me for advertise a pokemon site on a pokemon site?

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Ban sounds automatic. We have a script that kicks anyone linking any site not related to serebii. Because half the time it's clans/someotherfools trying to advertise their sites/forums. Just don't do it again and it won't happen again. And honestly the ban would be over in 5 minutes. You could have tried again later and entered with ease.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Chatroom name: evandeck
Chatroom: #spp
Operator in question: Don't know
Kick message: Don't advertise
Time and date: August 4 6:45AM eastern
Logs: Not Sure

I mentioned Pokemon.com and it banned me. Why did it ban me for advertise a pokemon site on a pokemon site?

Adding on to what Skiks said, anything other then #SPP, #SPP-Wifi, www.serebiiforums.com and www.serebii.net is considered advertising. And this topic is for unfair bans.

Pokemaol

Help

Chatroom name:pokemaol
Chatroom:#SPP-WiFi
Operator in question:No clue
Kick message:No Arcues!?!?!
Time and date:Augest 10th 2009 3-6 pm est.
Logs:Nothing I Know.

PLEASE READ:I was asking for the all mighty arcues;493; and i put: "Does Anyone have the pokemon which you may not say" Im sorry I really wanted one... and I went off board So please can you un-ban me

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
No, you may not be unbanned. It's against the rules to ask for Arceus (even says it in the topic itself iirc) so no, you can wait it out.

This topic is for unfair bans, if I have to say this one more time infractions will be handed out again, I'm sick of you people who can't be bothered to figure out why you were banned and automatically think it's OMG SO UNFAIR.

Pokemaol

No, you may not be unbanned. It's against the rules to ask for Arceus (even says it in the topic itself iirc) so no, you can wait it out.

This topic is for unfair bans, if I have to say this one more time infractions will be handed out again, I'm sick of you people who can't be bothered to figure out why you were banned and automatically think it's OMG SO UNFAIR.

Deleted On Augest 11th 2009

Last edited:

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
So am I going to be un-banned im really sorry.

Did you read anything I said? No, you will not be unbanned until the ban is up. Stop posting here, your ban was legit and you're spamming so if you don't want any infractions I suggest not posting here again unless you actually are unfairly banned.

Pokemaol

banned again no reason

I asked for a mew in SPP-Wifi and I said "I Will Give Somthing Speacial
And I Got This:
[12:36] You've been kicked out of #SPP-WiFi by Midna («««« Specify 1108 »»»»)
Now I dont know why I got this because I had options this is un-fair here and should be fixed

My User Was:CENSORD
Date And Time: Augest 11th 2009
Banned By:Midna
Logs:?

Fenix

Tremulant
@Pokemaol

SPP-WiFi rules thread said:
13) Do not ask for forbidden pokemon (Arceus), forbidden items (Azure Flute) and always specify all legendaries, events and words such as “big”, “great”, “huge”, “rare”, “good”, etc.

Examples:

“Looking for Arceus!”
“Offering Azure Flute!”
“Looking for Charizard, offering big!”
“Fearow for offer, looking for good!”
“I want rare pokemon and I’m offering great shinies and huge events for them!”

Note: You have to specify everything, as you might be implying you are offering/looking for Arceus, when you might not in reality.

Reading the rules helps sometimes now, doesn't it?

alex1

Chatroom name: lucario

i noticed when i was talking to sombody
am i banned perm or timed ban

date august 18 or 17 oh yeah i cursed on my private chat and got banned i want to know if im perm banned or timed banned thats all and i clicked on serebii bot

Last edited by a moderator:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
this thread is not for asking how long your ban is. why do none of you seem to get that?

the only permanent bans are akicks, which is usually after continued trolling in the chat over a long period of time. your ban will be up eventually.

mochapshaymin

I was banned.... :(

Chatroom name: BOMB
Chatroom: #SPP-Wifi, #SPP
Operator in question: i don't know.
Kick message: none
Time and date: i noticed this morning, june 8th.
Logs: none

lol. basically, i woke up this morning and i was banned from both chats. i don't know why or by whom, but i don't believe i did anything wrong. i've been coming here for some time, i'm familiar with the rules... any help or explanation would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Chatroom name: (Sorry I actually don't know..)
Chatroom: #SPP-Wifi, #SPP
Operator in question: i don't know too.
Kick message: None
Time and date: Hmm, It was about 5 pm, August 17, 2009
Logs: none

I was banned too, for no reason... Well at first I was banned by saying words again and again for three times, but I was only banned for 5 mins. After hanging around the Chatroom for few hours, I manage not to get ban. But when I close my computer, the next hour I opened it, I was banned from both Chatroom... :(....It's been almost 5 hours from the time I was banned and I still can't join the Wifi chat... Did I do something wrong? :(
I'm new here.

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
Date:eek:kay I can't remember the time and date but I know it was this month

Chatroom: both SPP and SPP WiFi

Operator in question: If I had to venture a guess it was Dratini :p he was banning everybody at this time

Kick Message: NONE I logged out one day came back like a couple days later and I can't acess either one!

Time and Date: I'm sry I really seriously don't know I just know that I've tried to get on for two days now and then I actually read what it said and it said I was being blocked for some reason.

Logs: um I'm not sure I am really not that computer smart

I seriously do not understand.. I have had the 5 minute thing several times in which case I just PM a mod and they usually saw whoops I thought you put shiny mew instead of regular or you know the deal blah blah.. but you would think I would have gotten kicked and known about it before I wasn't able to acess the entire chat!

BlazeXX

WisdomTree Trainer
i got banned because i called somebody a noob for coping my thread idea. shining mew got me on that one but it just didnt make sence. no offenec mew but i did ot think that was reasonable

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Would be nice if you last few would include the name(s) you were using when you got banned :| Makes it so much easier, I don't understand how you don't know what name you were using.

@BlazeXX, don't called people names then... Whether it's n00b or something far worse.

xxadertxx

Banned

Chatroom: SPP WiFi

Operator in question: I don't know but I think Tikirai banned me for saying Arceus

Kick Message: I think it says no Arceus Discussion

Time and Date: August 21, 2009

Logs: um I'm not sure I am really not that computer smart

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.