• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banned from #SPP or #SPP-Wifi unfairly, post here. READ. THE. FIRST. POST!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorr

I was unfairly banned

Chatroom Name: Thor

Chatroom: #spp & #spp-wifi

Kick Message: "I warned you why would you do it again?"

Time and Date: A few weeks to a month. I believe it was January.

My nickname was Thor. I was banned from #spp-wifi and #spp about a month ago. I posted in both chats simultaneously that I would like someone to clone me a 6IV ditto if they had the time. I received a warning not to ask for clones so I then said "looking for a completely legit 6IV ditto". Somebody said "I warned you" and I got banned. I understand that what I did may have been cheeky but I don't think it merits an indefinite ban that I need to ask for a repeal. This was my first offense and I learned my lesson. I've waited weeks thinking I would be allowed back by now but it hasn't happened. I can't exactly remember the person who banned me (the name started with an N?) or the date as quite some time has passed now.

Last edited:

GroudonX

2022-0105-4687
Chatroom name: Silv3rX
Chatroom: #SPP
Operator in question: Secun
Kick message: "Enough of You"
Time and date: Around 9:30 PM, Thursday February 27th
Logs: I don't have logs because I thought it was only a 24-48 hour ban so I would just log back on the chat then. But since it's been way past I am bringing up the issue now. All I know is I was replying to someone's joke and the moderator Secun said I was a troll and banned me on the spot. I never did any trolling whatsoever. Please don't ignore this help me out here I like being in that chatroom.

Last edited:

PandahHeart

Chatroom name: PandahHeart
Chatroom: #SPP-Wifi
Operator in question: Not sure.
Kick message: Didn't receive one.
Time and date: Tuesday March 4, between 10pm and 11pm (Eastern Time Zone)
Logs: I do not have any logs, but I believe it was in regard to a shiny Pokemon that I traded someone. I had a shiny Lotad that I had received from a person on the wifi chat named 'Peter'. He had traded me 10 random shiny pokemon to help him with the last 10 that he needed to finish the pokedex. I looked at about 6 out of 10 of the OTs for the pokemon and saw they had regular names. I assumed that they were fine and didn't check the rest. Well it turns out that the next 3 Pokemon I was given have the OT as i1338. I didn't know that until after the person told me when they checked the Lotad I had given him. I went back and looked through my newly received Pokemon and noticed that 3 of the Pokemon had i1338 as their OT. They kindly asked for the Pokemon they traded me back and I was going to accept, however, my computer crashed and I couldn't back on. I was going to try to find that person again today, to give back the Petlil they had traded me, but when I went to get on earlier, the wifi chat wouldn't let me connect and at the end it said " Cannot join channel (+b)". Well earlier, I looked up the OT i1338 after finding out that I was banned and found out from another site that pokemon from the OT i1338 are indeed hacked. I understand it was obvious given the name, but I didn't intend to trade a hacked Pokemon on purpose. I know that I should have checked every single pokemon that I got, but the first 6 were good, so I gave that person too much credit. I apologize for what happened, and realize my mistakes and I will never trade a Pokemon without checking their trainer OT and ID again.
I have been active trader on the wifi chat since Platinum and throughout these many years, I have never been banned until now.

Zoltan3

I don't know what's going on... I can't connect to chat and I think I've been banned. How do I get unbanned/how long will my ban last?

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Can you at least give us some information to go by? For starters, is this your first time? If not, what was your nickname? What does it say when you try to log in? Did you even read the first post? We can't help you unless you can at least provide us something to go by.

Zoltan3

No, I've come a few times but I usually just use whatever name gets assigned to me. When I try to join it says I can't join the channel +b or something.
Can't you just check if my IP address is banned or how long it's banned for? I was banned for asking for a cloner (I think), which apparently isn't allowed (I assume, as I got banned).

I understand if I apparently deserved my ban, I just want to know how long it'll last really, and idk where else to post. I enjoy trading on the chat, I get a lot done, and I've already been banned for 2 or 3 days of my March Break (which is a very productive time to trade).

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
No, I've come a few times but I usually just use whatever name gets assigned to me. When I try to join it says I can't join the channel +b or something.
Can't you just check if my IP address is banned or how long it's banned for? I was banned for asking for a cloner (I think), which apparently isn't allowed (I assume, as I got banned).

I can't see IP addresses, and the server cloaks an IP address anyways so I can't look you up by that. What was your nickname?

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Can you log into any chat or just the server in general and message me? That way I can see what your host is. Just type /msg Kirby *your message here* without the asterisks into the chat/status window and I'll try to research it that way.

S1nkingGoldfish

Your name:WiFiGuest46
Your host: PurpleSurge-BFB4DC4F.adsl.xs4all.nl
Chatroom:wifi#spp
Operator in question:?
Kick message:?
Time and date:?
Logs:?

Hello, can anyone tell me why i am banned from the wifi#spp channel?

Thank you

Peter Quill

star-lord
Well I'm the one who set the ban, and if I set untimed bans it's because you were reported as a scammer and someone had enough proof to make me believe it so...

You'll have to wait until the banlist gets cleared.

S1nkingGoldfish

when i am accused of something, i also want to see the so called proof of my scamming, send me the proof in my pm so i can view it. And how long does that so called banlist clearing takes?

Peter Quill

star-lord
The ban happened two days ago - unfortunately my laptop went to upgrade my OS so I don't have the logs on me currently.

Banlist clearing happens when the banlist is full. Lots of bans happen in wifi, so I wanna say a few days, but I can't give an exact date. It's full when it's full.

Gregor the Wise

Your name: onceuponabutt (could have been a default also)
Chatroom: #SPP-Wifi, #SPP
Operator in question: don't know
Kick message: none
Time and date: 3/20/14 7:00pm ish
Logs: ?

So this happened a week ago and I know that the ban list is cleared every few days, but this has been more than a few days. The situation that happened was that I had left my computer on, and I know thats something you're not supposed to do. But I didn't think my family member would copy ALL my open tabs and post them in the chat! I came back right when they hit enter and there was nothing I could do! It was an accident on my part to even leave the computer open. I have no kick message, no logs, and don't even know what operator did the ban. Surely even for a spam untimed ban 1 week is long enough to clear the ban list? I'm not IP banned as I can get into the regular chat. I want to know what is going on please, I don't want my first offense to mean I can never use Serebii ever again!

chris s

Chris
MY host BE85C592.vf.shawcable.net
chat room #SPP-Wifi
Kick message It said spamming for 5 min

Hello
on Mon/Tue i was kicked form spp WiFi for spamming I agree that i should be banned for the 5 mins
but after a couple of days without being able to connected to spp WiFi i think iv been banned
Is there any way of clarifying if im banned and if so if there any of of joining the chat room in the future ?

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
you were banned, but i just unbanned you

Amaan

Banned
Your name:Amaan
Chatroom: Both
Operator in question: Dont know
Kick message: Z:Lined (Ban Evasion by Amaan)

I was banned after I tried to name myself "Amaan." It said I had to change my nickname in a minute, I tried to but I was banned immediately.

I don't really care THAT much that I'm banned, just wondering why?

Last edited:

Toodabeans

Your name: It was set as either "Doge" or "Misterr"
Operator in question: don't know
Kick message: Can't Remember
Time and date: 3/29/14 7:00pm ish
Logs: None
I was asking people if they would be interesting in doing double battles, and I was kicked for Spamming. This is my first offense I've ever had with the serebii community. So I returned about an hour later, and I was still not able to join. Its been nearly a week, and I'm still not able to get on. I don't really know where else to trade, so I wanted to know why I was banned. Thankyou

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
i can see your ban in my logs but it was after you quit so there wasn't a kick message. i'll enquire further with who banned you when i get a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.