• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banned from #SPP or #SPP-Wifi unfairly, post here. READ. THE. FIRST. POST!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Your name: Tehpwnagepie
Your host: Don't know
Chatroom: #SPP-Wifi
Operator in question: ellie
Kick message: You have been kicked by ellie (dont be rude to ops in pm, learn some manners before you come back [Haters 248 ])
Time and date: 5:11PM 7/11/2016
Logs: Tehpwnagepie
Are you going to lift the ban on Bee?
ellie
bans are between the user and the ops, not other users
Tehpwnagepie
Just doesn't seem right to ban someone for responding to someone else.
Tehpwnagepie
Like, I understand why you kicked that wifiguest, but Road, Zack, and Bee shouldn't have been kicked.
ellie
well it's not your job to interpret the rules
Tehpwnagepie
Nah, my job is calling out people for taking things a little too far.

I understand I was being a little rude, but I was just trying to help everyone out who has been banned for unknown amounts of time when the right limit should be 5 minutes. Also, I am curious as to how long my ban will last?

It's not your job to "help" people out for legitimate bans. It's especially not your job to be super rude in PM while trying to help. If they have a problem with their bans they're welcome to PM the OP who did it. It's not your business and only unfair bans are allowed here, which yours was definitely warranted. It's untimed so you won't be allowed back in until the banlist is cleared, which can take several days.

Tehpwnagepie

It's not your job to "help" people out for legitimate bans. It's especially not your job to be super rude in PM while trying to help. If they have a problem with their bans they're welcome to PM the OP who did it. It's not your business and only unfair bans are allowed here, which yours was definitely warranted. It's untimed so you won't be allowed back in until the banlist is cleared, which can take several days.

I understand my ban was warranted, but my big question here is why put untimed bans on everyone when all the rules say these bans should be for 5 minutes. I understand why mine is untimed, but everyone else shouldn't have to suffer for such a small offense. Just seems like a gross misuse of power.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
I understand my ban was warranted, but my big question here is why put untimed bans on everyone when all the rules say these bans should be for 5 minutes. I understand why mine is untimed, but everyone else shouldn't have to suffer for such a small offense. Just seems like a gross misuse of power.

We have the right to increase the ban length should we feel the need to do so. It's not up to you to decide who should and shouldn't get banned and for how long. For all you know, these same people may have been warned in the past.

That being said, I'm not going to argue this further. You're welcome to PM Clefairy on irc if you want to discuss it further with her but I'd highly suggest if you do so, you keep your attitude in check. Any further responses to this will be deleted because quite frankly there's nothing further to discuss. Your ban was fair, other bans are not your business, end of story.

NapalmOmega

Your name: NebulaPurp
Your host: Don't know
Chatroom: #SPP-Wifi
Time and date: ?? 2016

Last time I've been in chat was about two weeks ago. Tried to enter today and I was banned. Note I wasn't banned the last time I used the chat. I'm trying to find why and when this banned occurred. My suspicion is my nephew had something to do with it considering we share the same IP Address.

Last edited:

Aethersolz

Was Banned unjustly for no reason

Hello, i was banned recently from this chat and i wouldl ike to be unbanned.
TL:DR i do not have all the information you want because i closed the page afterwards and thought this was a timed ban but it is permanant i guess...
Please look into this!

Your name: Aether
Your host: N/A (i typed getcloakhost but i got nothing)
Chatroom:#SPP-WiFi
Operator in question: i think it was Ellie
Kick message: "whinning about a ban is a good way to get banned"
Time and date: cannot remember i have bad memory. it would have been Friday or Saturday sometime after Noon or in the evening...
Logs: i would not have this...

The Story:
- I was in the chatroom just doing trades and people were making Hashtags. i wanted to be funny and made a Hashtag called #MadCuzPokemonTrainerIRL and i got banned for advertising a website...
it is a hashtag and not a website but i do not know. i logged bvack in after the 15 minutes and only said this; "I cannoit believe i got banned for making a hashtag" and people were asking what it was. i was going to tell them but them i was banned with that message that i was whinning.
for 1) i was nto whinning at all it was a statment with a period and no spite given to anybody. i was gonig to ask Nentin or whatever his name was why i was banned so i could know why but i was banned by ellie before i could know.
i made no big deal out of it, and i wasnt trying to start **** with anybody at all. i was banned very unjustly and feel the moderators involved were being immature and dont give a crap.
people were whinning about being scammed in a 2 for 1 trade and were not banned til after 1 hour of then *****ing and no moderator did anything til they stopped. i make a hashtag and get banned immediatly. i say i thing ask why a hashtag is a bannable offence and i get banned. i cannot understand any of this...
please help me!

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Using a hashtag on an IRC chat (which is what the Serebii chats are) is a form of advertising. That's why the chats are called #spp, #spp-wifi, etc. So saying #MadCuzPokemonTrainerIRL is 'advertising' even if you didn't mean it to be that way. The reason you got banned so quickly in comparison to others is because we have scripts running. So certain things (like using a hashtag next to a word) automatically prompt a script which bans you.

As for your second ban, #spp-wifi is meant for trading and battling only. Asking about why you got banned or anything beyond those two topics is considered off topic and will warrant another ban. In the future, if you have questions about your ban you need to PM a member of staff directly instead of asking in the chat. Chances are you're not permanently banned, it's just untimed. So once the banlist is full from banning other people, we clear it out which is when your ban will be removed. I can't give you an exact timeframe of that because it all depends on how long it takes to fill up the banlist.

Aethersolz

Using a hashtag on an IRC chat (which is what the Serebii chats are) is a form of advertising. That's why the chats are called #spp, #spp-wifi, etc. So saying #MadCuzPokemonTrainerIRL is 'advertising' even if you didn't mean it to be that way. The reason you got banned so quickly in comparison to others is because we have scripts running. So certain things (like using a hashtag next to a word) automatically prompt a script which bans you.

As for your second ban, #spp-wifi is meant for trading and battling only. Asking about why you got banned or anything beyond those two topics is considered off topic and will warrant another ban. In the future, if you have questions about your ban you need to PM a member of staff directly instead of asking in the chat. Chances are you're not permanently banned, it's just untimed. So once the banlist is full from banning other people, we clear it out which is when your ban will be removed. I can't give you an exact timeframe of that because it all depends on how long it takes to fill up the banlist.

ok, i did ask a admin why i was banned and only mentioned it once in the actual chat when others also were talking off topic. i still do not feel it is a just ban. but i guess i have no power

NapalmOmega

Your name: NebulaPurp
Operator in question: Unknown
Kick message: Unknown
Time and date: Unknown

For the last month or so I have been getting banned on and off from spp-wifi without even being on any channel. This is weird. I don't know whats going on. I know if an IP Address gets a number of bans, it will result in a permanent ban. I don't want that to happen. Is there anyway to find out whats going on?

Last edited:

Aethersolz

Your name: Aether_Admin_Sol
Chatroom: SPP
Operator in question: Secun
Kick message: okay i heard enough
Time and date: 8:25 PM 2016-09-23

it isnt letting me post the logs... basically i was talking about a fan theory that a youtuber named gnoggin made, i was discussing it with the community and Secun got curious to what i was talking about, i told him it was on those videos and i asked if i can posrt a link to the video; he said "knock yourself out kiddo" and i did. i said please watch all three. then people was going on you should not expect Cyrus in Gen 7, i saw a oppertunity to make a small pun and said that is just a theory, a game theory and he banned me saying i heard enough, when he said i can post the link, and all i did was make a pun after... a PUUN! i am upset at this.

Your name: Shiny Guy
Your host: spp-wifi
Chatroom: spp-wifi & sppp
Operator in question: Lyndis
Kick message: no kick message, just "set mode!+"
Time and date: roughly between 03:15am-3:25am GMT.
Logs: Cannot access logs as my username wasn't registered at the time (is now as I come to the chatroom frequently) and I was using my phone as I was watching a tv show on my laptop.

The chatroom logs will have everything though, I cannot remember the name of the person I was talking to about trading shiny Pokemon but it will be clear in the logs which you will be able to access. A friend named Ozzy came into the chat and it went something like this:

Oz: ew Shiny (having a joke of the fact I'm in the channel again)
I proceeded to do the same, (ew ozzy)

which yes, is out of topic for tading or battling, but I then asked Ozzy when he will be able to beat me in a battle (basically asking him to battle me, and he knew that)

Ozzy then said something along the lines of - yeah when you stop using annoying tactics

I replied - what, status moves?

In my opinion, this is all very on topic to battling, which is what one of the allowed topics in spp-wifi is.

Ozzy got banned for talking out of topic,

Before Ozzy came I was talking to the above mentioned person whom I cannot remember their nickname, but I did say their name in the chat a few times to get their attention, before I posted my message. As I was saying, before Ozzy came I had listed a bunch of Pokemon I have that are shiny and battle ready and I will trade, he then said he was thinking, which is when Ozzy came in and the rough chat above occurred. After Ozzy was banned for apparently talking out of topic, I then linked the person whom I was discussing trading beforehand so he was paying attention to the chat and asked him if he liked any? referring to the list of Pokemon I thought he'd be interested in trading.

I was then banned.

I'll admit, I then went to break a rule by evading a ban by connecting using a VPN, but only to ask Lyndis why he/she had banned me because I was NOT talking out of topic and it was an unfair ban. I obviously got banned again. Turned it off for obvious reasons as the room doesn't allow them and now I cannot connect to the chat room at all, I've waited 20 minutes and nothing. Please, I want to appeal this ban because it was unfair and for no reason. Too many admins and mods let the power of kicking and banning go to their heads and I'm tired of power hungry teenagers with a trigger happy banhammer.

soulsilver_dude

Your name: soulsilver
Your host: #spp-wifi
Chatroom: #spp and #spp-wifi
Operator in question: ellie
Kick message: Don't remember quite well, but it had "Haters" in it.
Time and date: around evening, 25/09/2016
Logs: (not sure)

I was kicked from spp-wifi because I posted a message with #spp in it, and even though I was aware I could not advertise other chats, I thought #spp and #spp-wifi were part of the same chat, and so I asked that in #spp afterwards. In which I got a reply from moderator ellie that I could not advertise other sites and told me to stop whining.
I stated I wasn't whining, I was just saying I was kicked and didn't know exactly why.

Eventually ellie said something like "if you want peace get out of #spp lmao" and I said "I can tell you're having a bad day?" which was towards another player that she replied with the previous sentence.

Afterwards I got kicked out of #spp, and later joined #spp-wifi to post "LF Diancie/Volcanion" and got kicked right afterwards by ellie without any reason.

As I said, I don't remember the kick message, but it was something trying to annoy me in some way.

I simply just waited because I assumed I'd just get unbanned in a couple minutes or so, and today I realised I still couldn't get in.

Name sniper
Host 7012614C.C34282FD.8164A57A.IP
Rooms spp and sppwifi
Operator secun
Kick messages-no ban evading mkay? And no
Time and date 12:07 2/11/2016
Logs on spp-wifi 0 and spp nothing offensive and answered a guys question on tyrogues egg moves

I was not on the room for that long and out of nowhere secun kicked me for ban evading! I told him in pm that i never did such a thing (i cant because i only have 2 networks. The one i mentioned and my boyfriends net that i havent used in 3 weeks). He presented no evidence of this so called ban evasion i broke no rules at all! First i would like this to be sorted then i REALLY want an explanation for this false accusation please....

Jiggly

JigglyCorneliousPuff
Your name: Shiny Guy
Your host: spp-wifi
Chatroom: spp-wifi & sppp
Operator in question: Lyndis
Kick message: no kick message, just "set mode!+"
Time and date: roughly between 03:15am-3:25am GMT.
Logs: Cannot access logs as my username wasn't registered at the time (is now as I come to the chatroom frequently) and I was using my phone as I was watching a tv show on my laptop.

The chatroom logs will have everything though, I cannot remember the name of the person I was talking to about trading shiny Pokemon but it will be clear in the logs which you will be able to access. A friend named Ozzy came into the chat and it went something like this:

Oz: ew Shiny (having a joke of the fact I'm in the channel again)
I proceeded to do the same, (ew ozzy)

which yes, is out of topic for tading or battling, but I then asked Ozzy when he will be able to beat me in a battle (basically asking him to battle me, and he knew that)

Ozzy then said something along the lines of - yeah when you stop using annoying tactics

I replied - what, status moves?

In my opinion, this is all very on topic to battling, which is what one of the allowed topics in spp-wifi is.

Ozzy got banned for talking out of topic,

Before Ozzy came I was talking to the above mentioned person whom I cannot remember their nickname, but I did say their name in the chat a few times to get their attention, before I posted my message. As I was saying, before Ozzy came I had listed a bunch of Pokemon I have that are shiny and battle ready and I will trade, he then said he was thinking, which is when Ozzy came in and the rough chat above occurred. After Ozzy was banned for apparently talking out of topic, I then linked the person whom I was discussing trading beforehand so he was paying attention to the chat and asked him if he liked any? referring to the list of Pokemon I thought he'd be interested in trading.

I was then banned.

I'll admit, I then went to break a rule by evading a ban by connecting using a VPN, but only to ask Lyndis why he/she had banned me because I was NOT talking out of topic and it was an unfair ban. I obviously got banned again. Turned it off for obvious reasons as the room doesn't allow them and now I cannot connect to the chat room at all, I've waited 20 minutes and nothing. Please, I want to appeal this ban because it was unfair and for no reason. Too many admins and mods let the power of kicking and banning go to their heads and I'm tired of power hungry teenagers with a trigger happy banhammer.

Ok so, Wifi's Rules are (In a nutshell) Trade / Battle / Safari Requests not battle chat, what you've posted there are things that ideally should have been taken to a private message rather than put publicly in the chat.

We keep it to requests / offers only so that everyone using the chat can see what people are looking for / have to trade.

Name-worstnameever
Host-C569C9A1.1F6A95FE.8164A57A.IP
Room-spp-wifi
Date-5th november 2016
Operator in q-secun
Kick message-× You have been kicked by Secun (double evading is also bad mmkay)

This issue was resolved and my ban was LIFTED!!!!! I wasnt ban evading in the first place! It turned out to be a scumbag troller that caused my last ban for so called ban evasion (bag of pure bull!) And now im been unjustly banned AGAIN! someone please stop him from banning me on false allergations?!?!

Last edited:

Shouting at the Morning Sun

An Overwhelming Surplus of Diggity
Name sniper
Host 7012614C.C34282FD.8164A57A.IP
Rooms spp and sppwifi
Operator secun
Kick messages-no ban evading mkay? And no
Time and date 12:07 2/11/2016
Logs on spp-wifi 0 and spp nothing offensive and answered a guys question on tyrogues egg moves

I was not on the room for that long and out of nowhere secun kicked me for ban evading! I told him in pm that i never did such a thing (i cant because i only have 2 networks. The one i mentioned and my boyfriends net that i havent used in 3 weeks). He presented no evidence of this so called ban evasion i broke no rules at all! First i would like this to be sorted then i REALLY want an explanation for this false accusation please....

Name-worstnameever
Host-C569C9A1.1F6A95FE.8164A57A.IP
Room-spp-wifi
Date-5th november 2016
Operator in q-secun
Kick message-× You have been kicked by Secun (double evading is also bad mmkay)

This issue was resolved and my ban was LIFTED!!!!! I wasnt ban evading in the first place! It turned out to be a scumbag troller that caused my last ban for so called ban evasion (bag of pure bull!) And now im been unjustly banned AGAIN! someone please stop him from banning me on false allergations?!?!

Where to begin..

First of all, in order to clear up any confusion on this subject, you were put on the auto-kick list due to multiple complaints from users across both channels and by staff consensus.

Next you evaded that by connecting via mobile client, resulting in the first ban.

So no, this issue was not resolved because there was no issue to resolve in the first place, and again no, your ban was not lifted. There was no "scumbag troller", and honestly I have no idea nor do I really care where you managed to pull that kind of delusion from.

Last edited:

Shiny123312

Hi, this is shiny
My name:Shiny
Hosts name, I don't remember
Kick message:You can't battle and attatch Pokemon to it
Date:November 10 3:41 am
Logs- well I did ask someone if they wanted to battle and put Pokemon up on the line so I got kicked, I went back in and I said why did you ban me, he said I didn't I kicked you he said I can ban you instead and now I'm banned
Please help thank you so much bye

Darkencide

Chatroom name: Darkencide
Chatroom: #SPP-wifi
Operator in question: Ellie
Kick Message: "Trolling"
Time and Date: 11/8/16 around 7:00 PM PDT
Explanation: I am pretty new to the pokemon community, and to the Serebii chat. When I joined I was wondering if Pokemon sun and moon were a main pokemon game or a game like pokemon conquest or others of the sort. So I asked if the game were an actual Nintendo made game or if it was like "fan made". I can see why this could look like a troll to Ellie, and next thing I know I was banned. The only other time I have been banned on this chat was for going off topic to enter a giveaway another play had made (which was against the rules), and got banned for only 5 minutes. It has been 3 days already and I'm starting to worry I can't join back, since I used this chat since around March to trade, and I don't want to be banned when Sun and Moon come out (yes I researched and found out they are part of the main series). Ellie I'm sorry if I made your job any harder, but it was a misunderstanding.
Thank You For Understanding
-Darkencide

Shouting at the Morning Sun

An Overwhelming Surplus of Diggity
Hi, this is shiny
My name:Shiny
Hosts name, I don't remember
Kick message:You can't battle and attatch Pokemon to it
Date:November 10 3:41 am
Logs- well I did ask someone if they wanted to battle and put Pokemon up on the line so I got kicked, I went back in and I said why did you ban me, he said I didn't I kicked you he said I can ban you instead and now I'm banned
Please help thank you so much bye

15:01:52 [Shiny] LF gamble battle, rules- you put. One Pokemon up for the line and then see who wins, you give them your pokemon
15:02:11 [WiFiGuest92464] hey we dont do that on this website
15:02:21 [Shiny] This is for battling
15:02:28 [WiFiGuest92464] gtffo here with that. your obvi a scammer
15:02:43 [Shiny] i am not a scammer
15:04:41 (%Secun) Prize matches aren't allowed here
15:05:07 [Shiny] Yes they are duh

15:05:36 • Kick: Shiny was kicked by Secun (Check the rules again)

15:06:54 • Joins: Leilani (Leilani@synIRC-57B0B896.dyn.centurytel.net)
15:07:03 [Leilani] I was banned
15:07:14 [Leilani] No matte
15:07:18 (%Secun) You were kicked
15:07:27 [Leilani] Cool
15:07:27 (%Secun) I can ban you if you'd like though
15:07:35 [Leilani] Why
15:07:51 [Leilani] you can't ban for fun
15:07:59 [Leilani] check the rules
15:08:16 [Leilani] Btw no one reads them
15:09:13 [ø] ChanMode: Secun sets mode [+b] *!*@synIRC-57B0B896.dyn.centurytel.net
15:09:13 • This *!*@synIRC-57B0B896.dyn.centurytel.net ban affects: Leilani
15:09:13 • Kick: Leilani was kicked by Secun (No Battling For Prizes - 5 minute ban -- Do not offer or request a battle that has a prize attached. Like "free pokémon" offerings, these are usually scams. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...-The-Wifi-Chatroom-Rules-(updated-Nov-2-2014))

Darkencide

Chatroom name: Darkencide
Chatroom: #SPP-wifi
Kick Message: "Trolling"
Time and Date: 11/8/16 around 7:00 PM PDT
Explanation: I am pretty new to the pokemon community, and to the Serebii chat. When I joined I was wondering if Pokemon sun and moon were a main pokemon game or a game like pokemon conquest or others of the sort. So I asked if the game were an actual Nintendo made game or if it was like "fan made". I can see why this could look like a troll to Ellie, and next thing I know I was banned. The only other time I have been banned on this chat was for going off topic to enter a giveaway another play had made (which was against the rules), and got banned for only 5 minutes. It has been 3 days already and I'm starting to worry I can't join back, since I used this chat since around March to trade, and I don't want to be banned when Sun and Moon come out (yes I researched and found out they are part of the main series). Ellie I'm sorry if I made your job any harder, but it was a misunderstanding.
Thank You For Understanding
-Darkencide

TacosDeGatos

Your name: TacosDeGatos
Chatroom:SPP
Kick message: × You have been kicked by ellie (tou are really getting obnoxious and rude with that [Haters 240 ])
Time and date: 11/21/2016 8:40pm MST
Logs:

TacosDeGatos
did you hear!?
It was officially announced Rowlet was the most legit starter ever since ever and litten officially stinks like butt
× You have been kicked by ellie (tou are really getting obnoxious and rude with that [Haters 240 ])

My argument: I had just entered the chatroom for the first time all day and was starting harmless and topical conversation. I didn't break any rule unless there is one for discussing starters in a new game. Sure, I said "Litten stinks like butt", but that is not the worst language I've seen from people including the operators. Mostly this complaint comes from a strong distaste for the operator named Ellie. I've seen Ellie kick so many people unfairly for just talking and laugh about it. I really believe it has ruined the community. It creates a barrier to entry to the community and a negative culture within it. People sit in the chatroom quietly because they are afraid no matter what they say they will be banned. I like many people am sick of Ellie's power trip. Do something about it, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.