• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banned from #SPP or #SPP-Wifi unfairly, post here. READ. THE. FIRST. POST!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TacosDeGatos

Your name: TacosDeGatos
Chatroom:SPP
Operator in question: Ellie
Kick message: × You have been kicked by ellie (tou are really getting obnoxious and rude with that [Haters 240 ])
Time and date: 11/21/2016 8:40pm MST
Logs:

TacosDeGatos
did you hear!?
It was officially announced Rowlet was the most legit starter ever since ever and litten officially stinks like butt
× You have been kicked by ellie (tou are really getting obnoxious and rude with that [Haters 240 ])

My argument: I had just entered the chatroom for the first time all day and was starting harmless and topical conversation. I didn't break any rule unless there is one for discussing starters in a new game. Sure, I said "Litten stinks like butt", but that is not the worst language I've seen from people including the operators. Mostly this complaint comes from a strong distaste for the operator named Ellie. I've seen Ellie kick so many people unfairly for just talking and laugh about it. I really believe it has ruined the community. It creates a barrier to entry to the community and a negative culture within it. People sit in the chatroom quietly because they are afraid no matter what they say they will be banned. I like many people am sick of Ellie's power trip. Do something about it, please.

I would like to update this post to include it has now been over 24 hours and my ban is still active. I got banned for more than a day due to expressing my opinion about a starter Pokemon I liked as the first thing I said all day. This is a clear representation of the misuse of power that operator Ellie uses.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
you have been constantly spamming #spp about how litten sucks all the time and it was starting to piss off other users. misrepresenting what actually happened when we all have logs isn't going to do you any favors. don't be an obnoxious brat in the channel if you want to come back.

TacosDeGatos

I would like to see a log of that. That is a completely untrue statement. Please show me a log of me doing anything that breaks any rules.

Please check the logs that "you all have" and see that I hadn't said anything else that day, and prior to this week when Pokemon Sun and Moon were released I hadn't been in the Serebii Chatrooms for at least 6 months. The only thing I have talked about is gameplay questions as I get into the new game. I was also thankful and appreciative and never obnoxious.

Last edited:

MerBoy13

Please could someone help me :'( I haven't been on wifi chat for nearly a year and a half I believe I don't remember my username nor do I remember being banned if I was id like to know what for and why its constituted me being banned for over a year as I have never done anything illegal on that chat to my knowledge.

Darkencide

Chatroom name: Darkencide
Chatroom: #SPP-wifi
Kick Message: "Trolling"
Time and Date: 11/8/16 around 7:00 PM PDT
Explanation: I am pretty new to the pokemon community, and to the Serebii chat. When I joined I was wondering if Pokemon sun and moon were a main pokemon game or a game like pokemon conquest or others of the sort. So I asked if the game were an actual Nintendo made game or if it was like "fan made". I can see why this could look like a troll to Ellie, and next thing I know I was banned. The only other time I have been banned on this chat was for going off topic to enter a giveaway another play had made (which was against the rules), and got banned for only 5 minutes. It has been 3 days already and I'm starting to worry I can't join back, since I used this chat since around March to trade, and I don't want to be banned when Sun and Moon come out (yes I researched and found out they are part of the main series). Ellie I'm sorry if I made your job any harder, but it was a misunderstanding.
Thank You For Understanding
-Darkencide
Logs: Darkencide: Is pokemon sun and moon a fan made game
kicked ([haters 240] Trolling)
I HAVE BEEN BANNED FOR 15 days now

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Okay so next time you have an issue and you're not getting a response you should really try PMing the person who banned you. PMing me, who rarely goes on the chats, won't get you very far very fast.

That being said #spp-wifi is for trades and battles only. Off topic questions such as;

[20:15] <Darkencide> is pokemon Sun and Moon just a fan made game or wut

belong in the general chat. Also you could have easily googled that instead of asking. For now your ban is untimed so you'll have to wait it out. It'll be removed when the banlist clears and that's when it gets full and that all depends on how quickly people get banned.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Please could someone help me :'( I haven't been on wifi chat for nearly a year and a half I believe I don't remember my username nor do I remember being banned if I was id like to know what for and why its constituted me being banned for over a year as I have never done anything illegal on that chat to my knowledge.

this does not help us find out who you are. you need to get your host in order for us to tell what the problem is.

TacosDeGatos

Your name: TacosDeGatos
Chatroom: SPP
Kick message: × You have been kicked by ellie (tou are really getting obnoxious and rude with that [Haters 240 ])
Time and date: 11/21/2016 8:40pm MST
Logs:

TacosDeGatos
did you hear!?
It was officially announced Rowlet was the most legit starter ever since ever and litten officially stinks like butt
× You have been kicked by ellie (tou are really getting obnoxious and rude with that [Haters 240 ])

My argument: I had just entered the chatroom for the first time all day and was starting harmless and topical conversation. I didn't break any rule unless there is one for discussing starters in a new game. Sure, I said "Litten stinks like butt", but that is not the worst language I've seen from people including the operators. Mostly this complaint comes from a strong distaste for the operator named Ellie. I've seen Ellie kick so many people unfairly for just talking and laugh about it. I really believe it has ruined the community. It creates a barrier to entry to the community and a negative culture within it. People sit in the chatroom quietly because they are afraid no matter what they say they will be banned. I like many people am sick of Ellie's power trip. Do something about it, please.

I would like to post another update that it has now been a week and I am still banned from SPP over this issue. Operator Ellie is completely out of line with this ban. First I got banned with no warning and without any wrongdoing within seconds of joining the chat. Next when I complained through the proper channels, I was lied to and accused of spamming when I haven't been in any Serebii chatroom in well over 6 months. I requested any sort of proof behind Ellie's lies about me a week ago, but there hasn't been a response yet. Please show me any log of me spamming or saying anything other than my log quoted above. Please tell me when you will lift this seemingly permanent ban over nothing. Please tell me when Ellie will no longer be an operator due to consistent and gross misuse of power. I look forward to your response and an apology.

Bonbalon

Your name:Bon
Your host: Bon AT cpe-68-203-50-117 gt res rr com
Chatroom: #spp
Operator in question: lyndis
Kick message: "Excuse me?" is all I remember
Time and date: 12/3/16 not entirely sure of the time. It was in the afternoon. UTC-6:00 (Central Time)
Logs: Are they saved somewhere on a PC? I couldn't find them.

I was in the chat, chatting as I normally do and someone was saying negative things about everything I was saying. I mentioned wanting to use Azumarill, and the person said Azumarill wasn't that good. I said I put Marill on the GTS to get pokes I want, and he asked why I put such a trash mon on GTS. I mentioned getting my first Ditto off of GTS, and he had something to say about that too. Lyndis mentioned something about getting a hacked mon on GTS. So I asked to the person, "Do you get off on being a contrarian?" and I got banned by the mod who I was not even speaking to.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I would like to post another update that it has now been a week and I am still banned from SPP over this issue. Operator Ellie is completely out of line with this ban. First I got banned with no warning and without any wrongdoing within seconds of joining the chat. Next when I complained through the proper channels, I was lied to and accused of spamming when I haven't been in any Serebii chatroom in well over 6 months. I requested any sort of proof behind Ellie's lies about me a week ago, but there hasn't been a response yet. Please show me any log of me spamming or saying anything other than my log quoted above. Please tell me when you will lift this seemingly permanent ban over nothing. Please tell me when Ellie will no longer be an operator due to consistent and gross misuse of power. I look forward to your response and an apology.
your own logs show the type of obnoxious crap that you would constantly spam in the channel. it was irritating other users. i am not going to dig through my logs to provide more times when you were doing the exact same thing you pasted here yourself. your ban is untimed so it will get removed when the list clears. not even going to touch your last 2 sentences except to say l o l

Your name:Bon
Your host: Bon AT cpe-68-203-50-117 gt res rr com
Operator in question: lyndis
Kick message: "Excuse me?" is all I remember
Time and date: 12/3/16 not entirely sure of the time. It was in the afternoon. UTC-6:00 (Central Time)
Logs: Are they saved somewhere on a PC? I couldn't find them.

I was in the chat, chatting as I normally do and someone was saying negative things about everything I was saying. I mentioned wanting to use Azumarill, and the person said Azumarill wasn't that good. I said I put Marill on the GTS to get pokes I want, and he asked why I put such a trash mon on GTS. I mentioned getting my first Ditto off of GTS, and he had something to say about that too. Lyndis mentioned something about getting a hacked mon on GTS. So I asked to the person, "Do you get off on being a contrarian?" and I got banned by the mod who I was not even speaking to.
being rude to other users = ban. pretty simple, especially when i have seen you being rude to other users in #spp quite frequently. consider an attitude adjustment before you come back.

Your name: SwiftKitten
Your host:
Operator in question: Kesha (aka ellie)
Kick message: i dont remember
Time and date: around 3-4 pm thursday dec 8th

i had been asking for an absol in wifi chat for over 30 min
and i asked in spp chat
does ne1 happen to have an high IV absol?

kesha (ellie)
kicked me.
i rejoined
i then replied

"seriously kesha, i know the rules, i have been asking in wifi for over a half hour, i normally watch this chat and not wifi so i figured other might have missed if if they did the same"

that got me an untimed ban from spp
i do not dispute the ban. i dispute the DURATION of the ban... a 5 or 10 min ban would have sufficed...

i keep trying to post my host name but it wont let me because of "Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words"
so i had to delete it in order for this post to go through

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
backtalking an op and harassing them via pm extends your ban time. shocker. this thread is for unfair bans, not bans that last longer than you would like. the person who is banned doesn't get to dictate the ban times.

D3MON

Your name: D3MON
Your host:D3MON
Chatroom:SPP-WIFI & SPP
Operator in question: Kommo-o & Ellie
Kick message: You have been banned....something something something
Time and date: January 14, 2017 5:30-6:30PM
Logs:

#SPP
Ellie banned me because I was asking a MOD for some help on understanding why I was banned from #SPP-WIFI

&

#SPP-WIFI
Kommo-o banned me from this room because some1 i think the name was (Maci2) said I gave him a gemmed poke but when I was asking Kommo-o to let me prove him wrong he got offline below I will post the convo I had with Kommo-o. I will also post links to view pics 1 thing i dont think Kommo-o even paid attention to in the pictures the guy sent him its clear that its HIS PKHEX......I wanna know whos to say that the guys isnt running around doing this to get others banned. I even offered to give him 1 of my pokes so he can tell me if it does what that guys said it would and of course I got nothing.........can I please get some help so that I have a better understanding of things

D3MON
why was i banned if u dont mind me askin
Kommo-o
You were banned for trading a hacked Murkrow

D3MON
but its not hacked
look at this
I'm not stupid, and obiously you can't tell me you genned, because then i would have written proof xD
the mod actually gave me a PRANKSTER murkrow :)
D3MON
so if u got a ha murkrow how the fuc is it a gen ??
Maci2
i got i from the mod i gave your "prankster" murkrow to :)
Reading and understanding is important :)
this is the talk from me and Maci2
D3MON
i even made 9 more pokes 4 had HA 1 was female and i tried 2 give it 2 him as proof.....hell i can even give u 1 as proof
D3MON
u can evolve it and u tell me what u think
D3MON
Did u ever think he HACKED it 2 get me banned......u dont find it a lil funny how im willing to 2 give you 1 n let u evolve it as proof ??? then tell me its hacked
Kommo-o
Your logs are shaky at best, I´ll need screencaps if you want me to believe you
Surely you can explain this: ?????????????
Prankster (Hidden Ability) overwritten on Ability 2 which corresponds to Super Luck
D3MON
idk what pkhex is
huh
???
where do u c that ??
plz help me read it
D3MON
how would i post pix on that site ???
D3MON
here u go

OT KIKO is the 1 i use 2 breed with
← Kommo-o has quit Quit: yare yare daze

I took the 4 links out because idk how to put them on 1 page and fourm wont let me post but so many links.......I have all URL links and will be to show anyone who wants to see them

Kommo-o

POTW Writer and Discord mod
You were banned for trading this hacked Murkrow:

* User maci2 uploaded this picture: http://imgur.com/a/EQIGR
* After asking maci12 to send me the hacked Murkrow, I extracted it and I was able to confirm it was hacked (I was the one who uploaded this picture): http://imgur.com/a/bx7fZ

Your pictures only consisted of showing me a box of Murkrows and Honchkrows. I wonder if you even noticed that the Honchkrow picture you uploaded was a Male and the Murkrow a Female, so it doesn´t really proves anything.

Last edited:

D3MON

I did see it but IDK how that happened. Thats why I bread more and tried to evolve it myself....then I said I would give you 1 to see what happened when you tried to evolve it.......and again I was just trying to get a better understanding of everything

So wait...if some1 gave me a hacked poke and I breed it......Does that mean/make the eggs hacks too ??? Or how does that even work ? IDK how 2 check if pokes are hacked or not

Last edited:
Name: PkmnCoordinatorHikari
Room: #spp-wifi
Operator: Sans
Kick messages: "stay on topic" and "evading, huh?"
Time and Date: 26th february 2017 around 7 or 8 ish
Logs: i said "it's the same person"

I have been banned for going off topic and evading which in my opinion is such a minor issue and as a result i have been permanently banned from the trading chat room. Honestly, i think that getting a permanent ban for these reasons is too extreme. its not like i was being rude to the op's or hurting anyone in the chats feelings. the only reason i was evading is because i almost completed a trade deal on the chat and i had not pm'd the person before i got kicked which meant that thee was no way to contact the person and i dont like to leave people hanging. I am not saying that i shouldnt have been banned at all, i know what i did was wrong and im really sorry for that but i'm just saying that a permanent ban is too harsh, i would take over a week ban because i really love the chat and im a regular user of it as im on everyday. i hope that you'll please take this into consideration

Last edited:

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Question, can we now discuss Discord bans here? I was banned 2-3 weeks ago for mentioning an inappropriate anime topic (I take full responsibility). As I was no longer in the Discord, I was unable to read the rules, and thus wasn't able to see where I could appeal said ban. I PM'd Archangel the following day via forum as they were in the server at the time, but have yet to receive a reply.

Shaftex

Your name: Shaftex
Your Host: "/getcloakhost" did not work for me
Chatroom: #SPP (#serebii_trades)
Operator in question: Jellal
Kick message: None. No warning, & no popups prior to getting booted from Serebii. Also I was on my iPhone at the time so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Time and date: 13:24 Eastern Hours, 03 August 2017
Logs: Can't retrieve logs. But what happened was another user was looking for a Marshadow, & I replied saying that I had one for trade but that it might have been illegit because I got it from AuSLove. I'm no scammer so that's why I told the user that before trading. Then I noticed Jellal saying to the user not to trade & that's when I got the boot with no warning. I'm also new to Serebii & didn't realize how strict the rules were until now.

I'm not sure if this is a permanent ban or timed ban but hopefully this can be resolved & I won't mention hacked pokemon in the server again.
Thanks in advance

Djura

99% chance to hit
Discord username: Djura

Since Discord doesn't really log everything clientside I don't even know what happened. One minute I was chatting, the next I looked away and now I'm banned. The last thing I did was prove to someone that their Marshadow was cloned.

Edit: never mind. Found out exactly what I did. I used hacks to hack check and then posted it publicly on the #pokemon_general channel.

Last edited:

Kommo-o

POTW Writer and Discord mod
Your name: Shaftex
Your Host: "/getcloakhost" did not work for me
Chatroom: #SPP (#serebii_trades)
Operator in question: Jellal
Kick message: None. No warning, & no popups prior to getting booted from Serebii. Also I was on my iPhone at the time so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Time and date: 13:24 Eastern Hours, 03 August 2017
Logs: Can't retrieve logs. But what happened was another user was looking for a Marshadow, & I replied saying that I had one for trade but that it might have been illegit because I got it from AuSLove. I'm no scammer so that's why I told the user that before trading. Then I noticed Jellal saying to the user not to trade & that's when I got the boot with no warning. I'm also new to Serebii & didn't realize how strict the rules were until now.

I'm not sure if this is a permanent ban or timed ban but hopefully this can be resolved & I won't mention hacked pokemon in the server again.
Thanks in advance

You were banned for offering & insisting to trade an AusLove Marshadow. Any Pokemon with the OT: AuSLove or anything similar are very well known to be hacked and massively cloned (He holds periodic giveaways of hacked pokemon on his own Twitch channel). You were told by some of the regulars in the chatroom that these pokemons are hacked, neverless, you still insisted on offering the hacked pokemon here:

Shaftex - Today at 11:22 AM
I'm mainly looking for battle items and Gold bottle caps. That's if you're still interested in the illegit Marshadow lol

The fact that you were NOW aware that this pokemon was certainly hacked, it is what makes you worthy of being banned. We mods reserve ourselves the right of warning people when they are breaking the rules. Our rules are pinned on the #Welcome channel and are very clear in regards to the conduct we expect from other users in our channel. Because Discord doesn't gives us the option of implementing timed bans like we had on IRC, your ban will remain until further notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.