• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banned from #SPP or #SPP-Wifi unfairly? Post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
So, there are 4368576438576348756348758345 topics on people complaining they have been banned unfairly. There is at least a new topic everyday, so instead of making a jillion topics, why not have one huge topic for it ;)

But there are some rules that need to be put into place. When you complain about a ban, you must include the following things.

1. Logs. Logs are basically a copy of the conversation and show what was going on at the time of the kick. Now, I know some people cannot get logs, because either they don't log, or use java. And when you get kicked, it closes the chatroom window, so then you can't even take a screenshot.

So, if you were unable to get logs, or a screenshot, PM an OP who was there at the time, someone with either a @ or a % next to their name, and ask them for logs. Or, you can just say what your chatroom nickname was, and one of us can look through our logs and clarify. Which leads to another thing.

2. Include the nickname you used in the chatroom at the time. We will have a hard time helping you if you don't include the nickname.

3. Include the name of the operator who kicked you.

4. Include which chatroom you were kicked from. It must be either #SPP or #SPP-Wifi, any other chatroom we cannot help you with. If you get banned from the server itself, we cannot help you with that either. However, the server does have its own website, so you can go there for help.

http://www.purplesurge.com

5. Try to include the ban message you got when you were banned. You can find this in the status window, and it will look something like this.

[00:40] * You were kicked from #SPP by Aipom (Please do not offer Arceus for trading, as there is no legit way to obtain this pokemon as of now)

At the most, please at least include your nickname, that way we can look through our logs for the reason why you were banned.

Thanks.

EDIT: We've all heard it, the "My brother did something to my account and I am now banned please unban I didn't do anything HELP!!!!1111" excuses, and guess what? They're not going to fly. You are 100% responsible for what happens with your computer, so if you, your dog, brother, mom, aunt, cousin twice removed, etc, gets you banned, then you're banned until that ban has been served. Plus, 99% of the time those excuses are lies anyways.

Last edited:

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Actually, I've been banned plenty of times unfairly. Yes, its my EvAnEsCeNcE. At times I dont even post and I get banned for some wierd reason. It hasnt been happening lately. I dont know if its the scripts but its getting tiring. I get called a clone, and BAM, I'm banned. Its annoying getting banned for doing nothing at all. It just sort of happens randomly. At times I get banned for things, which I understand, but random bannings are just wierd. I'll notify when it happens again though.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Well, I got banned like 3 times being called a clone. The other times were just random. It happens when I'm talking to someone. Lets see, me and Jess were in conversation, when suddenly I get banned by her, but she said she didnt do it(I believe her) I dont really know why it does this.

linker009

WI-FI chat help

I used around 6 exclamation marks not knowing there was a limit, and i was kicked out by some guy, and its been atleast 3 hours scince thtem, and i still can't join the channel. what happened?

D

Deleted member 11515

You got banned.

Post logs plz.

Also, who did it.. :<

And finally, doesn't this go in Chatroom Discussion :p

Mello

Serial Fangirl
I find it annoying reading the complaints that people write up in barely legible grammar. Maybe we could use a form? Here's one I came up with:

Nick:
Chatroom:
Operator who kicked you:
Kick Messege (If known):
Logs (If Any):
Other Notes:

I dunno if it'll work, but it might make things easier to read.

Anyway, @ Suicune: You may have gotten the clone ban by opening up multiple Java windows.

Ho-oh Master

One of the things is that Java users can't get Chat logs once kicked.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I find it annoying reading the complaints that people write up in barely legible grammar. Maybe we could use a form? Here's one I came up with:

Nick:
Chatroom:
Operator who kicked you:
Kick Messege (If known):
Logs (If Any):
Other Notes:

I dunno if it'll work, but it might make things easier to read.

Anyway, @ Suicune: You may have gotten the clone ban by opening up multiple Java windows.

Well, as I said I got called a clone around 3 times. I only had the SPP WiFi in my screen, along with the forum screen. So, as I said they are just random bannings.

It was probably me... and the rules are posted in the topic. You could have PMed me about it, and I would have unbanned you in five minutes if you ask nicely. I lose track of who I ban easily, so... sorry.

DustiQ

Nick: Panda
Chatroom: #SPP-Wifi
Operator who kicked you: Leona
Kick Messege (If known): Clones, loosely.
Logs (If Any): None
Other Notes: My brother and I are on the Serebii-wifi chat at the same time pretty often. We have the same IP address, but different computers.

I'd appreciate it if this occurence can be taken into consideration.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
One of the things is that Java users can't get Chat logs once kicked.

Hence the part where I said give us at least your name, so we can look through our logs, or did you miss that?

DustiQ, we get a lot of people coming in, getting banned, then saying "My brother/cousin/uncle/dog/pet spider was using my computer not my fault.."

If this happens again, just PM another active op, or Leona, and explain to her/him/whoever you're PMing in a kind and well thought out manner (most of the people who clone and claim their brother, sister, etc did it, can't spell, and are generally unintelligent) what has happened, and if you could please be let it again.

Denni

Girls Play too ^_^
Just got banned, by Leona.
Probably something to do with my flatmate (who goes by Zorr) and me both having our internet through the same router (so, I presume, same IP or whatever) as there as a whois check just before I got kicked.
It was from SPP-WiFi, and my username is Denni.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
i was kicked off the chat by asuka @10:58 am, UK time, for asking for a darkrai.

now given the fact that darkrai is now legally available, why was i kicked

Last edited:

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
i was kicked off the chat by asuka @10:58 am, UK time, for asking for a darkrai.

now given the fact that darkrai is now legally available, why was i kicked

If I recall correctly, and yes, I MAY Be wrong, Darkrai, due to the glitch and hacks, has been banned from trading over GTS.

Using that logic, that may be why we still have it set to ban people for asking for a Darkrai in SPP-Wifi.

That's what I'd assume, anyways. I don't use scripts now, though.

Last edited:

Vader hater

<<<If u have pm me
I said Darkrai but then like minute later I got kicked.
[15:07] You've been kicked out of #spp-wifi by Erik_Destler (DON'T EVEN GO THERE!! DARKRAI DISCUSSION IS BAAAAD.)

Ho-oh Master

I said Darkrai but then like minute later I got kicked.
[15:07] You've been kicked out of #spp-wifi by Erik_Destler (DON'T EVEN GO THERE!! DARKRAI DISCUSSION IS BAAAAD.)

If you would look at Aipom's post right aboce yours you would see why.

Darkrai wont be on the GTS until America gets the event.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
I've been banned for a long time and don't know why. Every time I go in there it's instant kick. Yet I'm not banned from SPP-WiFi...hmm...

~Scott;229;

D

Deleted member 11515

Dunno Scott.. pm me some time..

What's the message?

celestial_okami

Sorry to be a bother but something somewhat strange happened to me recently.

I went to sign into #SPP and #spp-wifi today and as soon as I tried to join I got kicked. The ban message said I was 'Shitlisted' (sorry for language but thats what it said) and that I had been kicked for flooding, spamming, and nick impersonation. When I sent a message to the mod, Asuka, asking why, I was told that I had the same 'hostmask' as some other person (one of the names was Tuesday, I cant remember the others), that I can't deny I am that person because our hostmasks are identical, and that there is no getting around the ban.

Here's the thing - I am not this person, and I haven't a clue who is! I haven't even been to the Serebii chatrooms in at least a week or so. I tried asking if there was some way I could prove I wasn't this person but to no avail.

Is there something I can do to prove I am not this person? Is it possible for us to have the same hostmasks? What can I do?

Some other relevant information -
My service provider is SBC Yahoo, and have a DSL connection. I use a wireless router which requires a WEP to log into (so I don't think that someone else is using our connection). Nobody else in the household visits the Serebii chatrooms, and I was connecting using mIRC under the nickname celestial_okami, which I have been using for some time now.

If there are any other questions please ask. I don't hold anything against the mod who I talked to nor Serebii.net, I just want to clear up this case of 'mistaken identity' so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.