• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banned from #SPP or #SPP-Wifi unfairly? Post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenix

Tremulant
uhhhh.......

Chaotixblast12

Ok Im New here beacuse i dont come that often>
But i want to Post this because i was kicked and banned unfairly.
I was just in pm trying to get a Pokemon Wifi Trade.
So when i was nameing out some of my ev train pokemon i found my self in a different chat room. I went to type something and it said i was kicked.SO i just went back to the wifi chat and in the main chat all i put was that im looking for the perosn that was going to trade me a shiny Salamence please pm me. Then once i typed that in I saw that i was banned for something called something about caps or too much caps and all i did was use caps so that person could find me. Because alot of people come to serebii and type in the main wifi chat looking for pokemon trades or battles. And for some people its hard to find somebody that you were tradeing. SO anyways for right now i cant go to wifi chat with out being kicked off or banned by a unknown mod.

I cant even have a good time with out somebody power abuseing.

Perhaps you shoulda read the rules then and realized that typing in all caps or majority of caps isnt allowed.

ijea4444

I'm not sure how long ago, but once I signed on as ijea4444. I always sign in on that alias, since D/P came out. But a while ago, I changed my alias to ijea4444, as I usually do, but this time, I got banned almost a few seconds after changing my name. It said my username was obnoxious, or to random. I can't remember the exact wording but it meant that because of the 4444, it was "spam"-ish. I'd like to know if I should stop going under that username, was the mod who banned me making a bad decision?

Thanks for whoever helps me out.

randomspot555

Unregistered nick: rik

Logs: [09:52] You've been kicked out of #SPP-WiFi by Yami-Ron (Please condense your Pokémon haves and wants (200 characters maximum))

What I posted in the chat: Looking for TCGWC Lucario . I'm offering over 400 events (Yukari, many Darkrai, more), ev'd (Umbreon, Darkrai, Aerodactyl, more), and shinys (starters, Mewtwo, more). Please PM me for a full list only if you have TCGWC Lucario!

The chat cuts off after 200 characters (and it didn't cut off), and the rules state to specify, but I was banned for basically specifying too much.

I'd have no problem with just saying "Offering events", but I know people get kicked for that.

EDIT: I've posted similar (and longer) messages in the past, and have never had a problem with it being too long or being too specific. I understand that some rules are "whenever someone who wants to enforce it is on duty", but I think this (be specific, or be general) should have uniformity.

Happened again (but not to me):

[11:39] <BreedTrader> Anyone looking for a Scyther, Zigzagoon, Eevee, Gastly, Larvitar, Chimchar, Togepi, Skorupi, Carnivine, Gible, Horsea, Happiny, Omanyte, Cubone, Swinub, Spoink, Drifloon, Nincada, Natu, PM ME :D:D:D!!!
[11:39] *** BreedTrader has been kicked by Yami-Ron (Please condense your Pokémon haves and wants (200 characters maximum))

It obviously didn't hit 200 characters, so why ban? Why not just lower how many characters the chat cuts off at?

Last edited:

Evanarios

...yep
03[08:09] * You were kicked by Dratini927 (9,1«8«9,1«8« Neverending Trolling (Blacklisted)2 7Kick Number 21542 9,1»8»9,1»8»)

Dratini has a personal desire to destroy Evanarios, and has unfairly banned me. One day Drat one day.(DUn dun dun)

Good ay!

~Evanarios

Evanarios

...yep
Great job with providing a coherent log. Also a one time thing doesn't constitute as a "personal desire to destroy" unless I'm being lazy and not looking back.

Either way, that's not going to cut it.

I got unbanned by Apollo 11? Then I come back and Matt has Scripted an Aban against me :(... He needs to remove it :O.

Good ay!

~Evanarios

Evanarios

...yep
Session Start: Mon Aug 18 08:09:32 2008
Session Ident: #spp
03[08:09] * Now talking in #spp
03[08:09] * Topic is '9,1Welcome to #SPP, the chat for the #1 UnOfficial Pokémon site http://www.serebii.net/ | 11Serebii.net, officially the most visited Pokémon site on the Internet!! | Want Battles or Trades? #SPP-WiFi | Please don't PM the ops | DO NOT UNLEASH COOKIE FURY!'
03[08:09] * Set by Awayebii on Wed Aug 06 17:13:59
05[08:09] -SerebiiBot- [#spp] Welcome to #SPP. We hope you enjoy chatting here. If you wish to find someone to battle or trade with in Diamond & Pearl, please go to; #SPP-WiFi
03[08:09] * Dratini927 sets mode: +b *!*@PurpleSurge-79DB97E.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net
05[08:09] -Asuka- Welcome to #SPP! This notice exists for the sole purpose of informing you that THIS IS NOT THE TRADING CHAT, and you should do your trading/battling in #SPP-Wifi! (So you now have no reason to whine if you get banned for trying to trade/battle in here! Yay!)
03[08:09] * You were kicked by Dratini927 (9,1«8«9,1«8« Neverending Trolling (Blacklisted)2 7Kick Number 21542 9,1»8»9,1»8»)
Session Close: Mon Aug 18 08:09:32 2008

I got added to the black list for no reason, then Apollo unbans me and

Session Start: Mon Aug 18 08:09:32 2008
Session Ident: #spp
03[08:09] * Now talking in #spp
03[08:09] * Topic is '9,1Welcome to #SPP, the chat for the #1 UnOfficial Pokémon site http://www.serebii.net/ | 11Serebii.net, officially the most visited Pokémon site on the Internet!! | Want Battles or Trades? #SPP-WiFi | Please don't PM the ops | DO NOT UNLEASH COOKIE FURY!'
03[08:09] * Set by Awayebii on Wed Aug 06 17:13:59
05[08:09] -SerebiiBot- [#spp] Welcome to #SPP. We hope you enjoy chatting here. If you wish to find someone to battle or trade with in Diamond & Pearl, please go to; #SPP-WiFi
03[08:09] * Dratini927 sets mode: +b *!*@PurpleSurge-79DB97E.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net
05[08:09] -Asuka- Welcome to #SPP! This notice exists for the sole purpose of informing you that THIS IS NOT THE TRADING CHAT, and you should do your trading/battling in #SPP-Wifi! (So you now have no reason to whine if you get banned for trying to trade/battle in here! Yay!)
Session Close: Mon Aug 18 08:09:32 2008

Akicked again? I haven't even done anything bad, (okay I did accidentally post mirc link for this one dude , and typed in caps. But those were accidents, then I get akicked? Randomly?)

Good ay!

~Evanarios

Chaotixblast12

Ok im kinda sick on tired of this.
I was on the wifi chat doing what anybody else would do look for trades and battles.
And a person named Nate Banned me off the wifi chat for cussing at somebody in pm.
First of all i did'nt even cuss out anybody in pm.
I dont understand this im Tired of being banned of the wifi chat for just doing nothing. Im just trying to enjoy my time here but i cant without me getting banned for no reason.
I think serebii should do something to make the chats more fiar for everybody.

randomspot555

I hate to ask again, but I'd really like to know the verdict on this. Obviously, the character limit is not 200 , or else the OP would've just let the chat program take care of it.

1. How many characters is the actual limit that's enforced? Both my kick and the other guy who was kicked were using less than 200 characters.

2. The OP that kicked me wanted the message to be shorter (which means being general with my offered list), the rules say to specify what you're offering. Which is it?

The only reason I'm asking isn't to annoy, but so I can be a good chat user and not get kicked again.

Unregistered nick: rik

Logs: [09:52] You've been kicked out of #SPP-WiFi by Yami-Ron (Please condense your Pokémon haves and wants (200 characters maximum))

What I posted in the chat: Looking for TCGWC Lucario . I'm offering over 400 events (Yukari, many Darkrai, more), ev'd (Umbreon, Darkrai, Aerodactyl, more), and shinys (starters, Mewtwo, more). Please PM me for a full list only if you have TCGWC Lucario!

The chat cuts off after 200 characters (and it didn't cut off), and the rules state to specify, but I was banned for basically specifying too much.

I'd have no problem with just saying "Offering events", but I know people get kicked for that.

EDIT: I've posted similar (and longer) messages in the past, and have never had a problem with it being too long or being too specific. I understand that some rules are "whenever someone who wants to enforce it is on duty", but I think this (be specific, or be general) should have uniformity.

Happened again (but not to me):

[11:39] <BreedTrader> Anyone looking for a Scyther, Zigzagoon, Eevee, Gastly, Larvitar, Chimchar, Togepi, Skorupi, Carnivine, Gible, Horsea, Happiny, Omanyte, Cubone, Swinub, Spoink, Drifloon, Nincada, Natu, PM ME :D:D:D!!!
[11:39] *** BreedTrader has been kicked by Yami-Ron (Please condense your Pokémon haves and wants (200 characters maximum))

It obviously didn't hit 200 characters, so why ban? Why not just lower how many characters the chat cuts off at?

Abcd

Bringer Of Death
My name: abcd
Operators name: Raikuga
He kbed me from both chatrooms

SPP Kick message- * You were kicked from #spp by Raikuga (Or better yet, you could stop *****ing, it's resolved now////////429 Dynamic entries////////)

For this I was basically telling Raikuga he should fix his flood script because he lags alot and causes people to get kbed. And his flood bans last for around 20 minutes. And when my friend got banned and told him that he should shorten his ban time, unban them if it wasn't true flooding, or hop servers so he doesn't lag too much. I will include Screenshots and logs as soon as I get unbanned.

Heres his kick message from wifi
* You were kicked from #SPP-WiFi by Raikuga (Dont complain about bans ////////430 Dynamic entries////////)

I wasn't complaining about bans I was complaining about his script which didn't even involve the wifi channel at all. And I did not ask to be unbanned.

http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=raikuga4jp8.png
http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=raikuga3ge2.png
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=raikuga2br1.png
http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=raikugaoe7.png

Theres links to all my logs.

Last edited:

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
Not sure about the ban, but the flood kick script should only ban for five minutes, like all script bans. If it doesn't then he should really fix it. :x

Takoyaki

I got banned from the wifi chat by Yami-Ron, he said my sentence was too long when it was just a normal sentence. I really enjoy Serebii chat but I hate it when people block you all day for stupid reasons.

Also got blocked by Skitty with this reason `You've been kicked out of #spp by Skitty (Seriously. I said Stop with the Bld ||||||| 13743 Colourful Kicks ||||||| )) `

Hope that these people get kick for messing about ;)

Last edited:

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
If you were overusing bold, then Skitty was quite right to ask you to use less of it, and if you didn't, then you get kicked. Note that it may have been just a kick and not a ban, so you could try refreshing the page or coming back later.

Not sure what's going on with the Yami-Ron stuff o_o

randomspot555

If you were overusing bold, then Skitty was quite right to ask you to use less of it, and if you didn't, then you get kicked. Note that it may have been just a kick and not a ban, so you could try refreshing the page or coming back later.

Not sure what's going on with the Yami-Ron stuff o_o

Yami-Ron is kicking people for specifying too much and says "200 character limit". All the kicks I've seen are under the 200 character limit.

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
Yami-Ron is kicking people for specifying too much and says "200 character limit". All the kicks I've seen are under the 200 character limit.

I gathered that, but I'm no longer a halfop [as far as I'm concerned], so I don't know what the heck is going on beyond that.

Jam87

Serebii Chata

Everytime i try to get onto any of the chats its says i have been banned from PurpleSurge does anyone know what i can do to get unbanned and get back on any of the serebii chat rooms

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
You were glined, which means you were banned from the network which hosts the chat. Can you please copy/paste the exact message you get? If you're running an open proxy then you will become automatically glined.

Jam87

The Message I Get When Trying to get on the serebii chats

This Is the message I get when I try to get onto either of the Serebii Chat Rooms: "Connecting...
Logging In...
-alias.purplesurge.com- *** Looking up hostname...
-alias.purplesurge.com- *** Couldn't resolve your hostname; Using your IP address instead
-alias.purplesurge.com- *** You Are banned from PurpleSurge (Your Host Is Listed as an Open Proxy. Please visit The Following website for more info: http://ahbl.org/lookup)
Error: Closing Link: User Has been banned from PurpleSurge (Your Host Is Listed as an Open Proxy. Please visit The Following website for more info: http://ahbl.org/lookup)
Disconnecting from irc.purplesurge.com

Status
Not open for further replies.