• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banned from #SPP or #SPP-Wifi unfairly? Post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

knol

New here
Nick:Cheesymitten
Chatroom:spp wi-fi
Operator who kicked you:....serebii
Kick Messege (If known):don't give away your email
Logs (If Any):None
Other Notes:I got kicked when trying to fix the name so that whenever i logged in it would stay as me so i did as it said and it came on screen now i've been kicked out for 2 days! Please help me and i'm sorry but i didn't know that we couldn't give out emails....

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
It was a script kick. Just wait out your ban.

Uzzman

King Of Seakings
I've been banned now for over two days :s. Delcatty banned me cause i said i caught a level 76 magikarp legit. It is legit! If u wanna see it send me a message and i'll show you

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Uzzman, logs otherwise no one can help you.

PokeN3rd, you're not contributing anything to the topic by just complaining, so unless you got unfairly banned and want to have it fixed here, get out. :/

AAmazing0

;476;First Post...yay!

I got banned today and i just want to know how long i must wait before i am allowed back in. It was unfair that i got banned but me stating my side wont change my ban. So is it possible to find out when i am allowed back in?

Depends what you got banned for. If the message said something like "No Repeating" or "Excessive Caps" or something to that extent bans don't typically last past 5-10 minutes. Otherwise, it could be a while.

Delcatty

<-- PMD3 Placeholder
I've been banned now for over two days :s. Delcatty banned me cause i said i caught a level 76 magikarp legit. It is legit! If u wanna see it send me a message and i'll show you

Okay, if you're gonna lie, at least lie WELL.

You can't CATCH a level 76 Magikarp. And it was NOT two days ago. It wasn't even 24 hours ago! In fact, it was 16 hours and ~45 minutes ago as of the time I'm starting to write this. In fact, let me fetch a time stamp for comparison.

(01:17:56 AM) (WiFiGuest0977) also offering lvl 76 magikarp legit UT...

And about a minute ago:

(10:06:01 PM) (%Gardevoir) rofl

So yeah, don't lie. Oh! And for the record:
(01:18:38 AM) (WiFiGuest0977) so sneaky

Good try. :\

A!akapimp

Banned
Okay, if you're gonna lie, at least lie WELL.

You can't CATCH a level 76 Magikarp. And it was NOT two days ago. It wasn't even 24 hours ago! In fact, it was 16 hours and ~45 minutes ago as of the time I'm starting to write this. In fact, let me fetch a time stamp for comparison.

(01:17:56 AM) (WiFiGuest0977) also offering lvl 76 magikarp legit UT...

And about a minute ago:

(10:06:01 PM) (%Gardevoir) rofl

So yeah, don't lie. Oh! And for the record:
(01:18:38 AM) (WiFiGuest0977) so sneaky

Good try. :\

acutally you can, sorry delcatty but i think you can catch any level magikarp in some place, i rember reading a thread of people bragging about there best

Last edited:

A!akapimp

Banned
Last edited:
Heh. He's right, if you scroll all the way down to the bottom, it does say you can catch up to a lvl 100 Magikarp in the Resort Area, but those Magikarps are only in Platinum.

Yogurt

Perhaps instead of auto-bans in all cases, it should alert mods and then let them decide to ban?

The operators aren't going to change their scripts to notify them when some idiot spams. The reasons why they won't do this:

1. The spp script is already set up to autoban on triggers, Erik isn't going to make a new one for such a silly reason.
2. Most of the ops are afk, busy, or not paying attention so they might not even get a notification while someone spams up wifi.
3. The whole entire point of scripts are to kick people that aren't obeying the rules when an op is not active.
4. It's easier to unban than to ban on the mIRC client.
5. Scripts are only about 5-10 minutes long anyway.

and there's many more where that came from :|

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Also worthy of noting, scripts are also meant to be a quick and easy ban, since it actually does take time to type out a kick message and such, so if a member is, say, posting line after line after line of text, in the extra seconds it'd take to look at the notification, they could have easily posted another 10-20 lines of text, creating more spam.

But the most important point is that script bans are only like 5-10 mins long. If you can't stay away from #SPP or #SPP-wifi for 5-10 minutes, you have problems much greater than the chat staff can do anything about.

Dahweenkster

Dah Weenster Baby!
lol how bout you check any online pokedex, check resort area with super rod in platinum, i gurantee you that the max is 100, don't be so arrogant all the time lol
here's a link - http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/location/129.shtml#diamond

Little neat tid bit about that it also says that on Iron Island outside the cave in Platinum I think, you can catch Magikarp with a minimum lvl of 510 and a maximum level of 2...hehe

Need to go post that on the sight problems info forum or w/e :D

ReallyOcean

Thunder Trainer
I'll just post the logs. I of course removed plenty of irrelevant stuff that was being said to save space. Find something I left out for 'incriminating' reasons, please post.

http://pastebin.com/m48199a24

just reposting what I said in the logs a little bit: We were having a conversation ABOUT release dates. Saying that it isn't relevant or doesn't matter is insane because it is the only thing relevant in this conversation, and I explained this. I also gave examples in the logs that show how silly this kban was in comparison to similar situations. And where the heck is this 'name calling'? I was purposely saying 'please' and not calling anyone names almost specifically for this reason.

All that happened is that Mew100 said that the games were released in 1995. I remembered 1996, so I wiki'd it and went to a couple other sites and found the same 1996 date. When I mentioned it and said that it was created in 1995, but released in 1996 (judging from what I found), DryBones came out of nowhere and said a couple things. I asked them to actually read the conversation, and after responding to Delcatty's insane "release dates don't matter in a release dates discussion" statement, I'm suddenly on the bad end of the stick and kbanned. Again, I already provided several examples of why 'arguing with an op' in this fashion is a borderline insane defense.

Seriously, this 'don't argue with ops' rule needs to have a line or some clarification. Don't argue with ops about the weather? Which baseball team is better? What the topic in the channel is about? The rules?

I don't see what's wrong with what she did. Arguing with ops will honestly get you nowhere. The message for the kick basically explains everything. If you don't like what she's saying, talk to her privately, talk to another op, or just leave it alone. And if you really want to debate about something like that without the danger of being banned for a couple of hours in #spp, bring it to the debate forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.