• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banned from #SPP or #SPP-Wifi unfairly? Post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReallyOcean

Thunder Trainer
I don't see what's wrong with what she did. Arguing with ops will honestly get you nowhere. The message for the kick basically explains everything. If you don't like what she's saying, talk to her privately, talk to another op, or just leave it alone.
Did you completely ignore the entire situational part of the post or what? I said, using the 'oh you were arguing with an op' excuse is borderline insane in this situation. Sure, if someone is arguing with an op about a fair ban or arguing with them about how they didn't swear when they obviously did, it would probably be okay. But with something that had absolutely nothing to do with operating a channel or channel rules, it's insane that she can still cite the rule as a reason for the kban.

AGAIN, (because you seemed to completely ignore my post and spit out the rule without considering context) we were talking about something completely unrelated to the rules. Would you think it would be fair if they kicked you because of something like this?:

Op: I like super mario sunshine
you: eh it was okay but I don't know if I like it
KBAN

or

Op: Rain makes things outside become dry.
you: uhhh pretty sure it makes things wet.
KBAN

If you actually think for a second that when Serebii made this rule, he was considering circumstances and situations like this as breaking this rule, you're insane. Look at the context. I did nothing wrong.
And if you really want to debate about something like that without the danger of being banned for a couple of hours in #spp, bring it to the debate forum
We weren't even debating with eachother. Mew had said one thing about the date and I said another. It barely passed over the seperate opinion line.

And even if we were debating, it's STILL not against the rules. The only one getting anywhere close to out of control was DryBones and he barely said anything other than the normal "I'm smart, you're not." taunts.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Why don't you try reading the logs you posted? She didn't kban you because you were disagreeing with her about a trivial matter. She told all of you to stop arguing about the release dates because it seems like you were getting out of hand and being annoying to everyone else. She kbanned you because she told you to stop arguing about it and it seems like everyone stopped except you. The "arguing with an op" part seems like it came from where she told you that you were being rude/flaming and she asked you to stop, and you refused to. You're blowing this way out of proportion. She didn't kban you because she disagrees with your opinion, she kbanned you because she told you to drop the argument about release dates and you kept going on about it. Next time actually listen to the ops when they tell you to do something.

ReallyOcean

Thunder Trainer
Why don't you try reading the logs you posted? She didn't kban you because you were disagreeing with her about a trivial matter. She told all of you to stop arguing about the release dates because it seems like you were getting out of hand and being annoying to everyone else. She kbanned you because she told you to stop arguing about it and it seems like everyone stopped except you. The "arguing with an op" part seems like it came from where she told you that you were being rude/flaming and she asked you to stop, and you refused to. You're blowing this way out of proportion. She didn't kban you because she disagrees with your opinion, she kbanned you because she told you to drop the argument about release dates and you kept going on about it. Next time actually listen to the ops when they tell you to do something.
If you're going to revive that point: The thing is, there was never a real argument. You're the one blowing a simple disagreement made by a couple statements out of proportion and making it seem like we were waving burning flags, yelling profanity, etc. What you see there is what happened. Nobody was flaming, calling names, or doing anything near to the point where it was even close to an actual argument, let alone a flame fest as you seem to want to make the whole thing out to be so that the actions seem justified.

You may as well give ops the permission to kban anyone who doesn't talk about what they want, when they want, even if it's perfectly within the rules written for the channel. (If it's not already given already.)

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
It doesn't have to get to the point of profanity for it to be an unpleasant argument. She told you to stop debating about it, which she was perfectly justified in doing so, and nothing would have happened had you just listened to her and moved onto another topic. But instead, you chose to argue even more and she banned you. It's not a matter of talking about what the ops want when the ops want it, it's a matter of listening to the ops when they tell you to stop arguing about a trivial matter.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
ReallyOcean, do you just go into the chatroom, make a list of the flaws and come here to whine?

It's like you purposefully go in, push the ops only so much that when they finally decide a ban is in order it looks like it was unreasonable when it wasn't. Is this what you do? Be honest, because I've never seen someone seem so dedicated to whining about such trivial matters.

When an op puts a stop to something that may or may not go out of control by saying to please stop, then you stop. Continuing to argue/debate gets you a ban, a legitimate ban.

It's better to put a stop to something before it spins out of control then letting it get to such a point where it just is nasty. Once it starts getting heated it should either be toned down or just have a subject change, what she did in telling you to stop was okay, but you didn't so you got banned. CRY. MORE.

inb4 not a legit reason, more insignificant whining, ur wrong, NO U, etc.

ReallyOcean

Thunder Trainer
ReallyOcean, do you just go into the chatroom, make a list of the flaws and come here to whine?

It's like you purposefully go in, push the ops only so much that when they finally decide a ban is in order it looks like it was unreasonable when it wasn't. Is this what you do? Be honest, because I've never seen someone seem so dedicated to whining about such trivial matters.

When an op puts a stop to something that may or may not go out of control by saying to please stop, then you stop. Continuing to argue/debate gets you a ban, a legitimate ban.

It's better to put a stop to something before it spins out of control then letting it get to such a point where it just is nasty. Once it starts getting heated it should either be toned down or just have a subject change, what she did in telling you to stop was okay, but you didn't so you got banned. CRY. MORE.

inb4 not a legit reason, more insignificant whining, ur wrong, NO U, etc.
It's just a disagreement then between what we think. While there are no signs of anything becoming or possibly becoming anything close to an argument (which I've seen plenty of people, even ops, get away with being involved in), you still say that there's legit reason to stop a conversation. You may as well put that in the rules though.

- A user isn't allowed to talk about what any of the ops don't want talked about no matter what the subject is or the circumstances surrounding the discussion.

And are you going to clear up that 'don't argue with the ops' rule? Surely you don't agree with it being able to protect ops from the examples I gave above. (there's obviously a bias though and probably rules against expressing public negativity towards the rules/channel though, so pm me if you please.)

Last edited:

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
I am not adding that rule or clearing up the "don't argue with ops" rule, that is just ridiculous. Maybe you don't see anything that Ellie or I tried to explain but that's your problem and we can't go appealing to every single member.

Don't like it? Leave.

Oh and if there was a bias against expressing negative views towards the rules and channels then you'd have been infractioned a while back amirite? I'm not going to waste my time PMing you trying to clear things up when there is nothing to be cleared up.

I actually find it quite sad you seem to have so much time on your hands that all you do is complain and make things up (IE VOICES HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS OPS IN SPP, had you read the rules you're always trying so hard to find something wrong with you'd have seen that particular one, so instead of admitting your mistake you go off to find something else that's wrong). A true pity.

PS, common sense dictates that if an op tells you to stop then you stop to avoid being banned, regardless of what you're doing. Have a problem? There are plenty of other ops with a higher power than the one you have an issue with that you can send a PM to, instead of continuing to argue in public and be banned. But it just seems you're trying to cause trouble.

Last edited:
ReallyOcean, what the hell are you *****ing about now.

As I already pointed out in your last crusade, its up to an OPs discretion to use their power when they feel its necessary.
Me said:
Even if something is "up in the air" the OPs are there to make a decision instead of just being like "oh, well i guess we;ll just let it go until something goes bad :3!" Called a precaution.

Especially if the convo is just a bunch of kids bashing each other over a release date... As you kindly highlighted in your logs.
randomly insults/baits again

This is what it seems like to me

P1: BASH
P2: IDIOT YOURE WRONG PKMN WAS RELEASED IN 1995 *******
Delcattty: guys seriously drop it , it doesnt matter
P3: YES IT DOES MATTER DAMMIT WE NEED TO CONTINUE HAVING A FLAME FEST
Delcatty: kban
P3: OMFG BIAS BIAS BIAS BIAS BIAS I SHOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE A BASH FEST OMFG OPS ARE SO BIAS WE CANT "TALK" ABOUT WHATEVER WE WANT.

If youre going to sit in the chat and whine at whatever OP for seomthing like that, you damn well should expect to be banned. Furthermore

|
|
V

PS, common sense dictates that if an op tells you to stop then you stop to avoid being banned, regardless of what you're doing. Have a problem? There are plenty of other ops with a higher power than the one you have an issue with that you can send a PM to, instead of continuing to argue in public and be banned. But it just seems you're trying to cause trouble.

Honestly, go find something thats actually abuse/unfair for once instead of these ridiculous and silly THIS IS OBVIOUS BIAS. OPS ARE TYRANTS LULLLLLL.

Last edited:

ReallyOcean

Thunder Trainer
Ughhh, not worth it anymore. I think I still disagree with nearly everything in each of your posts. Kirby, you didn't understand what I was talking about when I was talking about bias. Mew, you did as Ellie did and completely ignored everything that WASN'T going on in the chan, and created/magnified it 100 times to create an argument. Kirby + the rest of you still don't seem to want the rule to have any clarification, which is in your favor. Other than that, it's just down to disagreements between what we let as pass as far as running a channel by the rules it has and not abusing them. That's it, different opinions.

Which essentially means, this argument can't exactly go any farther. Until next time.

Last edited:

A-Burrito

<-- Favourite Shiny
I was banned for offering events then saying & shiny starly etc & got banned for apparently having shiny events when i was offering Shinies & events not shiny events (banned by Yami-Ron) on WIFI chat

Grr it just happened again bloody heck
Heres the post
Offering Events(they are NOT shiny)(UT)->: Movie Regigigas, Wishmkr jirachi, channel jirachi (with their respective berries) & I also offer Shiny (UT)-> Starly, Spoink(1x timid(offer good nature pkradar shiny for the timid one)) and 1x quirky 1x sassy)) Budew(brave, bold(offer good nature pkradar shiny for the bold one)) pm me with Good natured Ev'd or shiny offers (i am also open to event offers)! I also offer POKERUS!
[12:113] You've been kicked out of #SPP-WiFi by Yami-Ron (No Shiny Events! (5 Minutes))
[12:19] You've been kicked out of #SPP-WiFi by Yami-Ron (No Shiny Events! (5 Minutes))

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
It's a script kick and it's only like five minutes or so. Just chill out and wait for it to end.

A-Burrito

<-- Favourite Shiny
It's a script kick and it's only like five minutes or so. Just chill out and wait for it to end.

Yeah, well it said that & its been 10 minutes & i cant get back on
[12:32] #SPP-WiFi Cannot join channel (+b) .

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Can you give logs? Or at least your name? I saw you get kicked but I don't remember your name.

EDIT: Yami-Ron left like 2 minutes after you got banned, so it couldn't unban you. I unbanned you since it was supposed to be only 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Ughhh, not worth it anymore. I think I still disagree with nearly everything in each of your posts. Kirby, you didn't understand what I was talking about when I was talking about bias. Mew, you did as Ellie did and completely ignored everything that WASN'T going on in the chan, and created/magnified it 100 times to create an argument. Kirby + the rest of you still don't seem to want the rule to have any clarification, which is in your favor. Other than that, it's just down to disagreements between what we let as pass as far as running a channel by the rules it has and not abusing them. That's it, different opinions.

Which essentially means, this argument can't exactly go any farther. Until next time.

I do understand dear but the thing is you're wrong, sorry that more people happen to see it from another point of view. So go ahead continue saying we don't understand, etc etc.

This is coming from the same person who said vops can enforce rules and act like staff mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay.

Until next time I give that a few days or so until you feel like causing more trouble then trying to put the blame on someone else LOL +1

This is for unfair bans.

Eon_is_not_the_end

~Mentally Unstable~
i was banned today for the second time by slowking for typing arceus unband me again please

Can you seriously not read, or what? When you join the channel, it clearly says "Do NOT ASK FOR SHAYMIN OR ARCEUS (TOO MANY HACKS!)" If thats not clear, i don't know what is. It seems to me you lack that ability called reading.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.