• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banned from #SPP or #SPP-Wifi unfairly? Post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonite

#SPP + #SPP-Wifi SOp
Sorry but, you were banned for 10 minutes for racism, returned after 4 minutes. Obviously evasion. Case closed :/

Logs:
(8:26:26 pm) * Dragonite sets mode: +b *!*@550CFC76.340B21C5.8C2942B9.IP
(8:26:26 pm) * This *!*@550CFC76.340B21C5.8C2942B9.IP ban affects: Harkett
(8:26:27 pm) * Harkett was kicked by Dragonite (yeah no racism bro' (3162))

(8:29:34 pm) * purplesu_ (Harkett@75D99D39.873A48F4.F17AFEDB.IP) has joined #spp
(8:29:49 pm) <purplesu_> You guys are so mean
(8:29:56 pm) <%Kiori> he's not evading is he? :D
(8:29:59 pm) <@Dragonite> Wait there
(8:30:04 pm) <@Dragonite> Is that harkett evading
(8:30:13 pm) <%Kiori> I smell an evasion
(8:30:20 pm) <purplesu_> I'm not evading my b is over!

(8:30:37 pm) * Kiori sets mode: +b *!*@75D99D39.873A48F4.F17AFEDB.IP
(8:30:37 pm) * This *!*@75D99D39.873A48F4.F17AFEDB.IP ban affects: purplesu_
(8:30:37 pm) * purplesu_ was kicked by Kiori («««« don't evade a ban 1761 Loved and died~ »»»»)

Note how the hostmask is... different? :/

Last edited:

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Dragonite I am not lying to you. I am on the same exact client I was on the first time. I am not that educated with this IRC stuff but if there's any way I can prove it to you just tell me. I'm on a 2G iPhone running LimeChat 1.5.6 (I believe). I got banned for ten minutes as you said, I closed out the app, went it, it said I was still +b. I closed out the app, came back one more time, and I was off of the +b apparently.

For some reason I cant figure out as soon as I start running it it logs me in as "purplesu_" and that was on both times so is that any evidence...?

Dragonite

#SPP + #SPP-Wifi SOp
Well, the client you were using doesn't matter. What does matter is the internet connection you were using. You were banned 10 minutes for racism, and came back after four.

Sorry, treating you like we would treat anyone else who had done it. Besides, racism is bad. Your own fault in the first place :/

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Ok I think I may know what it was, if you'll believe me. I'm on a home wifi network (a not very strong one at that) and I'm on the far side of the house. So whenever my wifi network stops reaching the phone it goes to it's EDGE connection which is a different ip, etc. When I move closer it automatically gets back on.

Dragonite

#SPP + #SPP-Wifi SOp
In that case, you should be a lot more careful. Always use the same connection for anything like that on IRC, can get yourself in a lot of trouble. However, I'll keep this noted for future reference. Don't be surprised if you ever get kicked out for "evading" even if seemingly you didn't. Just try stay connected to the best wireless network you can so you only connect under one hostmask/IP... ever.

J0E

PurpleSurge Admin
Hell, I don't even know why I'm banned. the Spp chat looked up my IP, then saying that I am banned from PurpleSurge, because I have a "host listed in DroneBL, whatever that means. It also tells me to go to http://dronebl.org/lookup_branded.do?ip=61.8.158.62&network=PurpleSurge., which I can't. Help? I don't know where, who or how I was banned.

What this means is go to http://dronebl.org/lookup_branded.do?ip=61.8.158.62 on the web and have yourself removed. The dronebl is a blacklist that the PurpleSurge Networks use to keep spammers off the network, The reasons an address would be put on there is because either they have a infected computer (virus) or they've reported as spammers. Just go to that web address and follow the steps to be removed if you are still having problems email me kline [at] purplesurge.com or joe [at] purplesurge.com

Last edited:

Pikachow.

The one over there
Excuse me but i think my friend and i were wrongfully banned. OK heres everything that went down last night. so my friend (weirdy) and I (pikachow) were pming each other about the ops. then he tells me to watch what he does and goes to the SPP# and says "your mom". Then Dratini927 kicked him manually when he hasn't broken any rules. So then I go out and say "Hey you cant kick him, he hasn't broken any rules. So then he kicks me and the message was "Get off my chatroom" or somthing like that. Now I dont mind the kicking but he still hasn't unbanned us since 1:30 AM. What should we do?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Provide exact logs, please. It's possible there was more to the story than what you're saying. Either way, going into the chat just to spam "your mom" is annoying and could be classified as against the rules for spamming. And PMing an op to complain is also annoying, and also note how it says in the topic "Please don't PM the ops." We get a lot of complaining for no reason/stupid reasons, and you PMing him was probably just seen as annoying pestering.

weirdy

PokeBreeder Willis
********!!!! dratini manually kicks its not scripted why else does he say stuff like wh are you back and get out of my chat.?

Pikachow.

The one over there
excuse me but first he didn't spam it he was proving a point that some of the ops are too strict and only said it once. second i didnt pm dratini i said in right in the chat, it wasn't a major infration if one at all so he should have unbanned us by now

Fenix

Tremulant
I was on (and active) at that time therefore I can provide logs (I replaced irrelevant parts with "..."):

[07:06:05] <weirdy> i only get mad when i get banned fro no reason
[07:06:05] <pikachow> thenlike 10 secs later he unbanned me and i came back
[07:06:05] <HyperLucario> >_<x
[07:06:22] <Secun> [22:35:38] <weirdy> i only get mad when i get banned fro no reason < No such thing.
[07:06:24] <Bozo> TBH it Does happen getting banned for no reason
[07:06:27] <Bozo> It's really weird
[07:06:31] <weirdy> aka saying your mom ( cough cough DRATINI927 cough cough)
[07:06:35] <Tec> Kicked where it hurts, again!
[07:06:43] <pikachow> yeah he banned me for no reason
01[07:06:43] <%Fenix> Bozo
[07:06:48] <HyperLucario> /me watches The Boondocks
01[07:06:49] <%Fenix> it doesn't happen
06[07:06:51] * weirdy was kicked by Dratini927 (9,1«8«9,1«8« Don't test me2 7Kick Number 40253 9,1»8»9,1»8»)
03[07:08:17] * SPPGuest7900 (SPPGuest79@PurpleSurge-D9D7984F.dhcp.embarqhsd.net) has joined #spp
[07:08:18] <Secun> ?!
01[07:08:18] <%Fenix> Chris
01[07:08:20] <%Fenix> has
[07:08:20] <DoomDesire> no one cares Chris
01[07:08:23] <%Fenix> RETURNED
[07:08:23] <HyperLucario> wb Chris
[07:08:25] <SPPGuest7900> kick for no reason
[07:08:26] <@Captain_Chris> Wrong.
[07:08:29] <Bozo> Speak for yourself DoomDesire!
[07:08:29] <@Captain_Chris> YOU don't care.
[07:08:30] <Secun> ?! x2
[07:08:35] <DoomDesire> No
[07:08:35] <@Captain_Chris> Cause you're a butthurt new***.
[07:08:36] <@Captain_Chris> ;\
[07:08:39] <Secun> LOL.
[07:08:41] <DoomDesire> I do care
[07:08:42] <Tec> Anybody got a spoink?
[07:08:43] <pikachow> dratini is watching us
[07:08:52] <DoomDesire> but these people don't
01[07:08:57] <%Fenix> Now, now, Chris, that was some bad OP etiquette!
[07:08:59] <DoomDesire> :<
[07:09:01] <SPPGuest7900> dratinis and <censored>
01[07:09:09] <%Fenix> be nice to the newfa- I mean, the newbies
02[07:09:15] * DarkAngel` (DarkAngel@Hawt.Emo.Angel.Of.Dreamscape) Quit (Quit: )
[07:09:16] <Secun> lmao.
[07:09:16] <HyperLucario> XD
07[07:09:17] * Dratini927 sets mode: +b *!*@PurpleSurge-D9D7984F.dhcp.embarqhsd.net
06[07:09:17] * SPPGuest7900 was kicked by Dratini927 (9,1«8«9,1«8« bye 8D2 7Kick Number 40254 9,1»8»9,1»8»)
[07:09:26] <DoomDesire> butthurt new<censored>? what the heck
[07:09:32] <+Saber> Haha
[07:09:32] <@Captain_Chris> OP etiquette my balls.
[07:09:33] <Bozo> Why does everyone pick on you Dratini?
[07:09:36] <@Dratini927> No, it was weirdy again
[07:09:36] <@Dratini927> heh
[07:11:13] <pikachow> i told yall dratinis watchin us
[07:13:38] <pikachow> hey shhh hes watching us
[07:14:33] <pikachow> why hasn't he kicked you yet
[07:20:07] <pikachow> Hey DRATINI you cant kick people for not breaking any rules its against the op rules
[07:20:19] <Secun> Or IS it.
[07:20:20] <HyperLucario> pikachow
07[07:20:23] * Dratini927 sets mode: +b *!*@PurpleSurge-45F9A9AD.dhcp.embarqhsd.net
06[07:20:23] * pikachow was kicked by Dratini927 (9,1«8«9,1«8« get out of my chatroom2 7Kick Number 40259 9,1»8»9,1»8»)

As you can see, weirdy was only kicked the first time (which deserved a ban in my opinion, arguing with the OPs is against the rules fyi) then he came back and behaved like an idiot so there's not much to whine about there. As for yourself -again - you were arguing with the OPs and being annoying so I don't really see how you refer to them as "unfair" bans.

You can still wait for Dratini927's reply, but I don't really think there's much to discuss.

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
Your annoyance to the me and the entire chatroom is what led to the bans.

You're unbanned now, but don't make it a habit.

Dapuff

i was unfairly banned in the wifi chat, someone was banned for talking about action replay. Then i asked "why arent we allowed to talk about action replay in the chat?" and was kicked+banned. i dont have any logs so im hoping you will take my word as i mean no harm to serebii or the community. also this is only the first time ive ever even mentioned the action replay in a chat so i dont know why i was banned on the first time.

Last edited:

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
i was unfairly banned in the wifi chat, someone was banned for talking about action replay. Then i asked "why arent we allowed to talk about action replay in the chat?" and was kicked+banned. i dont have any logs so im hoping you will take my word as i mean no harm to serebii or the community. also this is only the first time ive ever even mentioned the action replay in a chat so i dont know why i was banned on the first time.

Serebii forums and chat do not condone cheat devices.

This topic is also for unfair bans, saying action replay gets you banned by a script. It is your responsibility to read the rules so if you get banned for the first offense then that is tough luck.

Not only that but the wifi chat is for trading and battling only, even if action replay talk was allowed it wouldn't be in the wifi chat as that would be considered off topic. Be sure to read up on the rules.

Your ban should be between 5-15 minutes.

Cynthia

Hiatus
Certain things are not allowed to be mentioned in the chatrooms, among these are any sort of cheat devices. You should be unbanned by now, but please refer to the rules threads in this forum for the complete rules for the chatrooms

Dapuff

Serebii forums and chat do not condone cheat devices.

This topic is also for unfair bans, saying action replay gets you banned by a script. It is your responsibility to read the rules so if you get banned for the first offense then that is tough luck.

Not only that but the wifi chat is for trading and battling only, even if action replay talk was allowed it wouldn't be in the wifi chat as that would be considered off topic. Be sure to read up on the rules.

Your ban should be between 5-15 minutes.

ok i understand but i cant get on still almost 10 hours later

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Well if you gave us your username (and what time you were on) and/or hostname, it'd be a lot easier to unban you :/

Status
Not open for further replies.