• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banned from #SPP or #SPP-Wifi unfairly? Post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sim

I assume it's because you share the same ISP as Giratina_Master.

I'm not an IRCop, but they probably banned the entire ISP because he was ban evading. So that's why it affects you guys as well. I don't know if or when they'll take it off, though.
I see, that makes perfect sense.

Though resorting to that affects others too, so surely there is a better alternative... or not?

kracker

im having the same problems

'(Giratina_Master, you are permanently banned from PurpleSurge for ban evasion, spamming, and for being an overall nuisance.))'

i got this yesterday, so i made an account to see if i could get myself unbanned. I was so angry at the time cuz i thought someone called giratina_master had randomly banned me for no reason, so im glad i read this lol cleared things up for me. what do i do to get unbanned? cuz this is really the only decent place to trade, its fast and simple. i have emailed the site and inquired but that was only a second ago, is there anything a mod can do now? i understand wanting to be rid of someone who is being a pain, but its caused a bigger rift for others.

can anyone help? i cant navigate this site at all lol, i duno where to go to get this sorted, i only found this forum thread through google.

thanx

Kracker

kracker

and i doubt there is a better alternative to be honest, like i said before, i do understand why they have done this, it takes the right amount of equipment to ban a specific computer that i very much doubt serebii are allowed to have lol, but tis still annoying.

So do i need to wait this out? I caught my first load of phanphy shinies last night as well through a chain of 80! and i was so excited to trade them lol i never have shinies for trade, i get back on and i cant, so disappointed >.<

:)

i just thought my problem had been sorted and then freaking aeries kicks me out again for this Giratina_Master person, IM NOT HIM!!! ¬¬

Last edited:

Namikaze

The One and Only
dont double post plz. theres an edit button at the bottom of you're post. anyway as for the ban, you've been banned from the server, so either just wait it out or go to the purplesurge forums and post there if you want. also, be careful not to say giratina master on wifi, cause that may get you banned too. just stick with one nick. good luck.

Shigaiko

apocalypse please
Last edited:

Sim

kracker: Really not a wise idea to try and get around the ban. Take it up with a network admin.

http://www.purplesurge.com/staff.html
Uh, in case you didn't notice she's not actually Giratina_Master and like me and a few others is being banned unfairly. So it IS a wise idea to try and work out a way to get unbanned, seeing as she didn't do anything wrong o_O
And I think her asking here was the best idea.

I've gotten unbanned again, and hope it lasts this time.

A question for the people in charge: If I get banned again because of this Giratina_Master reason, should I report it here, or will I get unbanned eventually anyway?

kracker

oops sorry about the double posting, i didnt realise you had an edit button because it was my first ever post, i only made the account to sort out this situation.

im not Giratina_master and i did get unbanned and havent mentioned that name, but got kicked out not long for the same reason, i cant get on again now. How long is this gonna go on for? I do think this site is er a little too strict for what it is but guess you have to put up with it, i think im gonna have to find a different site to trade on now :( dont really want to do that

are you still allowed on the chats sim?? I think that this unbanning and then rebanning thing is going to go on for longer than you think, what was this giratina_master guy doing? i think i have seen him about and he wasnt doing anything wrong at the time i saw him on.

Kracker

EDIT: Serebii just emailed me saying they were looking into it, i replied saying that a lot of people had this same problem not just me so fingers crossed on what happens from here

Last edited:

Namikaze

The One and Only
there have been no problem like that to me as of yet. but good luck to you kracker and everyone else involved in this giratina master fiasco.

callto

Nick: fraazen
Chatroom: #SPP-WiFi
Operator who kicked you: Nate
Kick Messege (If known): nice try
Logs (If Any): not known
Other Notes: i dont know wat i said wrong and i was banned

Sim

are you still allowed on the chats sim?? I think that this unbanning and then rebanning thing is going to go on for longer than you think, what was this giratina_master guy doing? i think i have seen him about and he wasnt doing anything wrong at the time i saw him on.

Kracker

EDIT: Serebii just emailed me saying they were looking into it, i replied saying that a lot of people had this same problem not just me so fingers crossed on what happens from here
Currently, I am allowed on the chat (just checked now). I do hope this thing is sorted soon.

As for Giratina_Master, I personally never encountered him, but darkgamerGS posted this on the previous page of this thread, so I assume this is what Giratina_Master was doing wrong:
Well, yesterday, Giratina_Master was constantly evading and posting its site, so... measures had to be taken.

And yeah, hopefully this will be sorted out soon.

aladdin

dude i got banned from spp wifi for no good reason i broke no rules was not spamming and i don't swear. some guy named "aeris" banned me cuz he could. i asked him what his authority was said"....dude you need a life....seriously..." and he banned me and said "go away people like you make my life miserable". now tell me is that justified? nik: aladdin server: spp wifi

Last edited:

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
well seeing that i am somwhat new and didint know that rule and most the rules in general . had i known that rule i would have not broken it seeing that this is a first time offence on breaking that rule you think that you could show some leaniancy on the matter

hope to here from you soon

Except we usually warn, and it's your responsibility to read the rules and obey them, not our responsibility to take you in hand and read the rules to you complete with pictures and naptime :( IGNORANCE IS NOT AN EXCUSE next time read the rules don't expect us to coddle you because you're too lazy to read the rules

aladdin said:
BLAH BLAH NONSENSE HERE

UNDERSTAND YOU I DO NOT

Yeah, we get your nick was aladdin, and that Aeris [who fyi is female :<] banned you... And that's ALL anyone can get out of your post... OF COURSE she had a reason; you just disagree with it, and none of us can know what it is without you telling, I guess we have to ask Aeris herself, who no doubt will give a perfectly valid reason, probably some rule you neglected to read u___________u; Argue your case better next time

xXMew~LucarioXx said:
I know that I am not the moderator of this board or even a moderator at all but I just have to reply to this. Obviously you are lieing. And without substancial proof that you weren't actually on then you are gonna stay banned. Saying what you just did is like saying you are god and expecting the world to bow down.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR DEFENCE OF US but please do not harrass our users and accuse them of lying with NO SUBSTANCIAL [sic] PROOF plx it makes them cry and it's NOT VERY NICE

As for the rest of you, who I presume are on BTCentralPlus internet, sorry about the Giratina_Master thing but we need to take precautions. GM keeps evading our bans to advertise his failsite and spam wifi up with ads, a lot of people are being netted under the bans we set unfairly, but there's little we can do for the moment. The network and the ops are looking at how to deal with this... issue~, sorry for any inconveniences u__u

kracker

i think i saw you get kicked yesterday aladdin, as far as im aware you hadnt done nefin wrong but my eyes werent on the comp all the time. are you allowed back on now?

Im on wifi again now so hopefully it'll stay, no worries for all the problems, im just glad i know whats going on now, at first i just thought i was banned for no reason whatsoever and i swore blindly at serebii -hangs head low- but all is well now and i hope this guy just disappears tbh, its not like anyone pays attention to him.

Hahaha, Misaki-chi you make me laugh 'plz it make them cry' gotta chuckle lol. I know its hard to ban an individual based on the legalities of it all, you cant dismiss an individual computer easily. This has tickled my brain a fair bit though, and I will give some thought to it, do you have any idea what you're going to do about it? are you open to any idea's if i get any?

callto

again ive done nothing wrong and i was banned. nickame was supremo. i quit and when i came back on again i cant get on it and it says that ive been banned.

D

Deleted member 11515

again ive done nothing wrong and i was banned. nickame was supremo. i quit and when i came back on again i cant get on it and it says that ive been banned.

What was the message?

Namikaze

The One and Only
Everyone gets a kick message. if you want to complain about getting kicked, state the last line you wrote and the kick message. Don't blame the mods if you failed to read the rules and then got banned for breaking one.

Off Topic - i battled someone named supremo once and he disconnected. this has to be more than a coincidence. but im not pointing fingers, just suspicious looking.

Namikaze

The One and Only
No point, people don't really check there.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=245617

Please put that link in the 1st post Erik. its the rules, and those who don't care to open it and get banned for breaking a rule can't complain at all now since it would be one click away. i hate how poeple say they did nothing when in actuality they ask for arceus or darkrai via some stupid anagram or something and get caught.

Banned for asking for a TM...?

I was using the Wi-Fi chat room, my nickname at the time was "Mr_TM" and I got banned just because I was asking if anyone had an extra TM #75 (Swords Dance) they were willing to trade. Why was that? And could I get unbanned now?

Status
Not open for further replies.