• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banned legal pokemons on PGL Rating battles

LuisG

Hey guys,

I got Pokemons from long time ago (Gen III and above) and I took very good care and they are with me on Pokémon Moon, however when I try to play on the Rating battle on Pokémon Global link, they are banned, and there is no explanation on what or why I can't use them, the rules information it's disabled at that point, I can't find anything by online search, and they are not legendaries, so by the rules they should meet the criteria but seems they not for some strange reason

Any ideas?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Rated battle spot only allows pokémon originated from gen 6 and 7 if I recall correctly. Unrated battle spot also allows pokémon transferred from earlier generations.

LuisG

:( it could be worse but it is ok, thanks for the explanation, I was kind of excited to play rating battles with Pokémon's that I had for 15 years ago,

I'll play unrated instead, thank you very much.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
:( it could be worse but it is ok, thanks for the explanation, I was kind of excited to play rating battles with Pokémon's that I had for 15 years ago,

I'll play unrated instead, thank you very much.
Oh yeah. I remember founding this out. On a side note, it could be worst like having a cross-gen Lv. 100 Pokemon from Gen 2 VC games that is mislabeled illegal because GameFreak completely forget to patch this one glitch up and is for some reason, no one is talking about... which is kind of weird but I suppose understandable since no one really uses VC Pokemon for Rating Battles/Competitive.