• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banned Topics + Post Main/Spoilers/Polls Inputs Here! (Updated: 12/14/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I agree about banning the Johto BF threads, we don't even know if anything's gonna happen, and sure the Kanto BF might have been to give FR and LG a spotlight but I always thought the BF was actually created because of Emerald. (And if you ask me there's a pattern of filler and main seasons).

mockingjay

swift and lol
Yay, this is back. 5th generation speculation was killing me.

randomspot555

No offence or anything but aren’t speculating a big part of gaming and animation forums?

There's a difference between speculating based on spoilers (as in, talking about confirmed events that haven't yet aired, based on episode previews, episode descriptions, interviews from anime producers, etc...) and speculation based on whatever mindless drivel that comes to one's head. Not to mention there's like thousands of "omgzers heres what i wanna see" threads. They don't belong on a forum discussion board, they belong on someone's blog, because no one else cares :(

zeno48

Zaker!
I agree about banning the Johto BF threads, we don't even know if anything's gonna happen, and sure the Kanto BF might have been to give FR and LG a spotlight but I always thought the BF was actually created because of Emerald. (And if you ask me there's a pattern of filler and main seasons).

Don't know if it's going to happen? Their is going to be a movie and the games as well. It will happen and this gives time for a new ds sucessor and some spin offs with 1 more movie possibly.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I am glad that the Johto Battle Frontier threads are ban because I was tired of seeing alot of ppl say it is confirmed that they were going back to Johto when it clearly isnt. Maybe they will confirm it soon but not now.

Last edited:

zeno48

Zaker!
I am glad that the Johto Battle Frontier threads are band because I was tired of seeing alot of ppl say it is confirmed that they were going back to Johto when it clearly isnt. Maybe they will confirm it soon but not now.

Is a movie and two games and the clear path the anime has taken and followed not clear for you?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It still isn't confirmed. The next movie doesn't have to take place in Johto, legends appear in different regions all the time.

zeno48

Zaker!
But there is enough evidence to suggest why it is most likely going to take place there because of the way the Anime sticks close to the games. Come on cyber even you out of all people can see that.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
But there is enough evidence to suggest why it is most likely going to take place there because of the way the Anime sticks close to the games.

Doesn't mean a thing. Until we have a source confirming that there will be a Johto BF, it still constitutes as a baseless assumption. And with baseless assumptions comes a boatload of mindless speculation.

Some things are revealed right before certain points in the anime, and they completely turn around all speculation. The posters showcasing the DP series, the ones with Ash, Dawn, and Paul, during the final leg of the Kanto BF are an example.

zeno48

Zaker!
Doesn't mean a thing. Until we have a source confirming that there will be a Johto BF, it still constitutes as a baseless assumption. And with baseless assumptions comes a boatload of mindless speculation.

Some things are revealed right before certain points in the anime, and they completely turn around all speculation. The posters showcasing the DP series, the ones with Ash, Dawn, and Paul, during the final leg of the Kanto BF are an example.

Okay then tell me what they are doing after the sinnoh league? I see nothing else unless they move on to the fifth gen which is way too early. I think they will have two more movies and extend the battle frontier arc to give nintendo time for a new handheld. In the meantime they will just release spin offs. I'm already familiar at how they play these things out but i know it's all speculation. They advertise the anime close to the games and always have.

Last edited:

Chelc

I am glad that the Johto Battle Frontier threads are ban because I was tired of seeing alot of ppl say it is confirmed that they were going back to Johto when it clearly isnt. Maybe they will confirm it soon but not now.

Exactly. People are just assuming this, and idiots are believing it. Not only do I not want rumors going around, but most of the fan-speculation is just totally outrageous and spammy. "Ash will get a new Johto pokemon yayz!!!!" "SOUL IS GOING TO TRAVEL WITH THEM YAY NO MORE DAWN!" No one knows where they are going but the writers. Until there is confirmed information that they are going to Johto, I see no reason to have threads about it.

There's a difference between speculating based on spoilers (as in, talking about confirmed events that haven't yet aired, based on episode previews, episode descriptions, interviews from anime producers, etc...) and speculation based on whatever mindless drivel that comes to one's head. Not to mention there's like thousands of "omgzers heres what i wanna see" threads. They don't belong on a forum discussion board, they belong on someone's blog, because no one else cares :(

Lol. This x3409834890, too. :p

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Was looking for a thread like this but couldnt find it....Glad I did

Here are some other topics to consider looking into :

Ash battling the Elite 4- About as bad as poeple saying he will go to Johto
Infernape's debut-Too many people speculating how it will evolve against Paul

Chelc

Was looking for a thread like this but couldnt find it....Glad I did

Here are some other topics to consider looking into :

Ash battling the Elite 4- About as bad as poeple saying he will go to Johto
Infernape's debut-Too many people speculating how it will evolve against Paul

I agree. Ash battling the E4 is basically another omg here's what I think will happen!! type thing and Monferno will evolve whenever it does. What do you guys think?

OT: Also, I've updated the rules a little bit (this is kind of off topic, sorry, but making a separate thread just for this seems unnecessary), but I think it's becoming way too tl;dr. I want to include the important threads/stickies without it becoming too long. I'd put them in a spoiler but I'm afraid people would scroll right past it. Do you guys have any ideas for the rules, and do you think this list of banned topics should be incorporated into the rules or left as a separate thread?

Last edited:

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
It should be part of the rules so people know what not to do.But some might not pay attention as most would only care if they were enforced.But a thread like this is good too.More people just need to read it

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
I agree. Ash battling the E4 is basically another omg here's what I think will happen!! type thing and Monferno will evolve whenever it does. What do you guys think?

OT: Also, I've updated the rules a little bit (this is kind of off topic, sorry, but making a separate thread just for this seems unnecessary), but I think it's becoming way too tl;dr. I want to include the important threads/stickies without it becoming too long. I'd put them in a spoiler but I'm afraid people would scroll right past it. Do you guys have any ideas for the rules, and do you think this list of banned topics should be incorporated into the rules or left as a separate thread?

I think you should make a separate topic on how people should speculate based on the announced and aired episodes, and not on wishfull thinking. Either that or abridged them: Merge the Ash and Puplip hate into just general character hate, and merge HGSS and 5th gen speculation into blind speculation. Use what you got as examples.

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA

*looks at 'Ash is leik soz gona get an Infernape' bullshit that people almost religiously follow*

firelovindocker

this is good, i was wondering when they were finally gonna ban some of this stuff
but banning piplup hate!!!!! cmon :)

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
It should be....Or at least taken somewhere else

The moment the thing is even mentioned, people go into a crazy.I swear its always like" Gawd that thing is such a screenhog!!!" or "OMGZ....Why won't that stupid penguin just die already!!!". Its just so irritating when all you see is just a bunch of idiots complaining about a fictional character.Even in the episode speculations all they keep saying is" Are you kidding me....Why does he get the all the episodes???!!!" depsite the fact Pikachu has been in every episode since Ash got him.They complain over the most tedious things when in reality, their opinion just doesn't matter.I for one love him and can't wait to see what he and Dawn bring to the table later on.

I swear....Its just as bad as those "OMGZ I wantz Misty back!!!" threads.All you get is stupid flame wars about how one character sucks when you put your favorite on a freaking pedastal

Chelc

Yes, I too find it ridiculous that people complain this much about a pokemon. It's even more amusing to go back and read old posts about Pikachu, and how people wished for a pokemon in DP to get some spotlight, if not more than Pikachu, because they hated the thing... now that it has happened...well, you just can't please the fans I guess.

deathseer you are my new favorite member. ^_^

@Dr. Mecha: I see. So pretty much like a FAQ on how to speculate?

Does anyone else feel like a speculation FAQ would help members? It sounds like a good idea. I didn't even think of that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.