• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Banner

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
This is my first banner in a LONG time, please rate, and I plan on using this for future use in my soon to be trade shop.

http://i43.*******.com/8yf4uo.png

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
Thanks. And yea I know I distorted the text a little too much.

orangezilla

Who's dar man
The border is way too large the font looks out of place and hard to read and i don't know why you have it at an odd angle, if you are going to 'distort' it i sugges you don't do it to the subject and the text and just leave it to the background, the colours are boring, I don't get what's with the brown smudge over swinub. Having said that, not all is lost, the colours are at least to some extent appropriate and not blindinag and confusing, you could work on the cloud idea, i like that it works with swinubs ice type makes it look like cold air but don't make it part of the border. Borders should be small and clean cut. Also the part to the right of the banner would do alright as a background they aren't supposed to stick out too much.

Tips:
- You want your text to be above any kind of distortion, leave that to the background, same with swinub, it will help them to stand out.
- Don't tilt text or the image, it just looks dodgy.
- The fact your font is one with an outline is good but it doesn't seem to fit the rest of the banner. When choosing a font don't just think 'that looks cool, I'll use that' look through a number and think carefully what will suit your banner.
-Make borders minimalistic. A small clean cut black or white border helps define the outline of your banner but overdoing it will look messy.

Hope I helped :)

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
Thanks for the tips!
-didn't mean to smudge the swinub and thats how the image was
-yea the text I put like that
-Ill try and work on my text
-I liked the cloud border but didn't know how to cut it down.

Thermatic

GIMP Geek
Orangezilla is correct. But on top of what he says:

-The background pattern is completely flat, so it looks too 2d. You need a render that pops out.
-The lighting is not varied, meaning that there is no focal point, where is the eye supposed to take me?
-The giant white border and supernova in the corner really don't work with it
-The font isn't great.

I know my critque seems harsh, and If you are just making a basic banner to serve a role then its fine, but on a graphics design level, it is very very basic.