• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[Banners]

John's Knight

Brightness is good ;_; Indeed it sucks.
I thought I posted this yesterday, but stupid forum lag.

hermionecopy.png

50 bucks on how the first thing people are gonna say is "Hate the dots."?

Brandon-kun

lalalalalalalalalala
What dots? o_o; *is blind* xD

Good. I saw you post this on GI yesterday. Pretty, tbh. You make Hermione fit perfect in the banner.

I like that tag. But for some reason, this style is getting repetitive? I mean, all your banners have this full background and one render. And then the applied image behind the text is the same too.

And by dots, you mean the big white circles on her shoulders and head set to Linear Dodge?

John's Knight

What dots? o_o; *is blind* xD

Good. I saw you post this on GI yesterday. Pretty, tbh. You make Hermione fit perfect in the banner.

Thanks ^_^;

I like that tag. But for some reason, this style is getting repetitive? I mean, all your banners have this full background and one render. And then the applied image behind the text is the same too.

And by dots, you mean the big white circles on her shoulders and head set to Linear Dodge?

It can't be repetitive. It was the result of a new tutorial =O
...Whose final result was much cooler than mine <<;

I won't have much time to photoshop in the next days, so don't expect many sigs from me...

Jakotsu

Banned
:x I like that one, but the Hermione banner is a little too cloudly and there could be a little more to it. x_x I wish I can do cloudy stuff... :x

Jakotsu

Banned
No problem and you do real life people banners a lot better than me. D: I like the glows on them. ;;[/envy]

Brandon-kun

lalalalalalalalalala
Salamencecopy.png

I like this one =O And yes, it has the same style as before <<;
Omg. O___O; *takes* XD Can I use it? ;;

It's really good.

Though, in your banners, don't use the light stuff a lot. o_o; Sometimes it might be too bright.

Brandon-kun

lalalalalalalalalala
Purple.

And it's Brandon. :p

Brandon-kun

lalalalalalalalalala
this one doesn't really "blend in" like all your other banners. which i usually like.

i prefer you to do banners like your salamance one, or your venom one. those usually turn out better.

but, some real life banners really do look nice. like the house ones. xP i love house!

You see the latest house, [my real first name too]?

I don't like the Prison Break one as much as your others, like the Salamence one. It seems like you just added blue to try and make it blend in.

I prefer the red one too. Try blue?

You use the same type of lighting for every sig and the lighting is so glaringly obvious that it detracts from the image as a whole. Try pulling out the image in PS while it's still in .PSD form and get a large brush (300+ px) and outside of the image made a little dab with it. You'll lighten the image up, make it blend more and better, and will remove the large white spots consistant on your sigs.

Besides that I'd look into adding more FX to the sigs, the backgrounds are great and give a feeling of depth but the blending of the renders into said backgrounds ruins it. Fix this by adding C4Ds or by manipulating the whole image (new layer+apply image) and then adding flow to the sig with the Liquify Filter (use Wave). You can achieve some C4d like FX that way and also enhance the quality and the depth of the sig.

Oh, and kill the 1 px borders.

John's Knight

this one doesn't really "blend in" like all your other banners. which i usually like.

i prefer you to do banners like your salamance one, or your venom one. those usually turn out better.

but, some real life banners really do look nice. like the house ones. xP i love house!

You see the latest house, [my real first name too]?

I don't like the Prison Break one as much as your others, like the Salamence one. It seems like you just added blue to try and make it blend in.

I prefer the red one too. Try blue?

Yes, this Prison Break colors do suck, and blending is horrible as well. Oh well =/

You use the same type of lighting for every sig and the lighting is so glaringly obvious that it detracts from the image as a whole. Try pulling out the image in PS while it's still in .PSD form and get a large brush (300+ px) and outside of the image made a little dab with it. You'll lighten the image up, make it blend more and better, and will remove the large white spots consistant on your sigs.

Besides that I'd look into adding more FX to the sigs, the backgrounds are great and give a feeling of depth but the blending of the renders into said backgrounds ruins it. Fix this by adding C4Ds or by manipulating the whole image (new layer+apply image) and then adding flow to the sig with the Liquify Filter (use Wave). You can achieve some C4d like FX that way and also enhance the quality and the depth of the sig.

Oh, and kill the 1 px borders.

What is a FX? Besides that, thanks for all the help ^_^

jackbluecopy.png

This was made yesterday, so I didn't have the chance to remove the dense lighting. =/

Last edited:

Jakotsu

Banned
Just wondering, is this like the only style that you really know how to do? It's not it's bad, I wanna know. xD; I try new stuff and my things end up... different. ;c

Lust means: Do you use the same style all the time? Because it looks like all of your sigs have a similar style.

About your Lost one. I just don't like the color scheme. I don't know why. I love blue, but not when I looked at that one.