• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Barrier world

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Hi, so the last time I posted on here I got really great feedback on my team but now I am back with a new team and this one I have a record of 12-4-2 so I could use some help, any kind of help would be very much appreciated.

And now for my team line up.

Birdman (Thundurus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Agility

I mainly use him when I have to switch out and use its speed, I use agility to boost its speed and get in first attacks with hp Ice for dragons and thunder is for rain teams as it boosts accuracy, focus blast I use to Handle annoyers like the chansey line and for pesky ferrathorn and those who are weak against it. Though he's flying he does get taken out easily after an ice or rock type attack.

Pounce (Espeon) (F) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 SDef
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Psychic
- grass knot
- Light Screen

My lead pokemon and favorite, I use her to set up my barriers I use reflect and light screen to start building up defense and with light clay attached it will make them last longer, I have psychic in there to give it offense and won't let it be a sitting duck, since its my lead I use hp electric to take out a politoad if that was there lead so she is the main one on my team I want to keep for barrier purposes.

Terror (terrakion) @ Salac berry
Trait: justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Substitute
- Stone edge
- Swords dance
- Close combat

Terrakion I have so that I can have a resistant to other threats and or sand type teams, substitue is a good move so with swords dance I can bulk up attack I can boost and sakar berry is there to boost speed I have close combat to launch a devastating attack and stone edge is powerful but it's low accuracy makes it difficult to hit, even so this pokemon has a lot of weakness and I can't set it up in time any ideas?

Buggy (Scizor) (M) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- bug bite
- Swords Dance
- super power

Scizor is my fast attacker, usually I will lead with bullet punch to do away with weak hp pokemon and just to make sure it's effective I have it a steel plate to boost it and bug buzz is to go against psychic types and dark type pokemon, swords dance is used to boost my attack and start taking pokemon out with night slash which has critical hit ratio up.

Slimy (Gorebyss) (F) @ White Herb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass

My best member on my team who has not let me down, I use shell smash to boost its stats like crazy with white herb it gets back its loss stats, and then go to town sweeping either with surf and or ice beam which usually OHKO a lot of pokemon and if it gets wild I use baton pass to switch out and pass on the stat changes either to Dragonite and it scizor to power them up

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- fire punch
- extreme speed

Dragonite is my hp to dragon when I need to do some damage and run wild after I use dragon dance I can attack with outrage or earthquake as my attack will be boosted, this is the scenario incase my shell smash batik combo don't go over so well, I threw in flame thrower because I keep getting owned by ferrathorn and other metal types which get in my way.

*In red are the changes i made, jorachi was in place of terrakion but i could still use help*This team is great and all but I still have trouble with ferrathorn and cloyster with its skill link ability so any input would very much be appreciated but it is barrier related so please try to keep my espeon but ill still take all advice given, thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
If you're using dual screens, you really need to go HO. Thundurus-T is good, but I'd use HP Fighting or Baton Pass on Espeon so it can some way to do damage/escape from Ttar. I'd take out Jirachi and replace it with SubSalac Terrakion, so you can have a way to beat down Skarmory and Forretress for Dragonite and Scizor, as well as mashing things like Gastrodon for Thundurus-T. Also Choice items are a no no for these kinds of teams. Next, use Superpower over Night Slash on Scizor, since the only thing that Night Slash hits that your other moves don't is Jellicent, and both Dragonite and Thundurus-T don't need it gone to sweep. Also I'm going to assume you meant Bug Bite instead of Bug Buzz. Gorebyss is fine if you like it. On Dragonite, go Extremespeed over Flamethrower to have another form of Priority. The, I'd use Fire Punch over Earthquake. The main reason for this is that you can't always rely on getting a smashpass off, and a +1/+1 Dragonite with E-Speed is much scarier than one with Flamethrower. Good luck with the team!

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Thank you contrail, I made some changes based on your recomendations but I still get taken out by rain teams so should I maybe add more electric attacks? This team still needs More help

I'm not sure how to make this counter waters more. There just aren't Pokemon that resist that type here very well. I'm commenting to point out that terrakion probably isn't running choice scarf with Sub/SS. That's just my guess and is probably a typo left over from whatever Pokemon used to be there. I'm guessing. The only thing is maybe Grass knot on Espeon is something I usually do. it works against T-tar but not as well as HP obviously but still might help you also counter waters. Its a choice that depends on what your team sturggles with and if that's water it might be a worthwhile switch. Even though in most cases I'd say HP > Grass knot. It's up to experimentation. Good luck with the team :)

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
I'm not sure how to make this counter waters more. There just aren't Pokemon that resist that type here very well. I'm commenting to point out that terrakion probably isn't running choice scarf with Sub/SS. That's just my guess and is probably a typo left over from whatever Pokemon used to be there. I'm guessing. The only thing is maybe Grass knot on Espeon is something I usually do. it works against T-tar but not as well as HP obviously but still might help you also counter waters. Its a choice that depends on what your team sturggles with and if that's water it might be a worthwhile switch. Even though in most cases I'd say HP > Grass knot. It's up to experimentation. Good luck with the team :)

Yeah Grass Knot's pretty cool on Espy, and can work over HP Fighting.

As for Rain teams, you really shouldn't have too much of a problem. Gorebyss can set up on a lot of stuff in them, as can Dragonite. Nite can also sweep them pretty easily after a pass. If Thundy-T gets an Agility up, it shouldn't have much trouble sweeping them either :/

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Thank you for your help ill be sure to test out these great tips, I was probably just using them wrong thanks to everyone for the advice and any other recommendations are welcome and appreciated , thank you again.