• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Barry seems awesome

oshowatt

So I'm reluctant to play the Gen IV games because I just finished my first main-storyline playthrough of Pokemon Black and I fear that the excellence of Gen V could put a damper on my Diamond/Pearl/Platinum experience. However, I keep on seeing hate against Barry. It's probably less bad these days, but I gotta say, he seems like an awesome rival. An extremely klutzy, hyperactive kid who had the strongest rival team until the rebooted Red came along? Man, I don't see how you could hate him! He sounds like one of the most fun rivals in the franchise. I also love his theme. I listen to it a lot.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
So I'm reluctant to play the Gen IV games because I just finished my first main-storyline playthrough of Pokemon Black and I fear that the excellence of Gen V could put a damper on my Diamond/Pearl/Platinum experience. However, I keep on seeing hate against Barry. It's probably less bad these days, but I gotta say, he seems like an awesome rival. An extremely klutzy, hyperactive kid who had the strongest rival team until the rebooted Red came along? Man, I don't see how you could hate him! He sounds like one of the most fun rivals in the franchise. I also love his theme. I listen to it a lot.

I liked Barry a little bit but he's not my favorite rival. What keeps him from that spot is that he was too annoying because he was always in a rush and he barely acted like our friend even though he was supposed to be.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I thought Jun (Barry) was a decent rival and arguably the strongest one in the core games besides Blue. I remember almost losing to him right before the Shinou League challenge, and his post-game team was somewhat hard to beat too. As for his personality, I didn't like that he was always in a hurry to get everywhere.

TwilightBlade

Barry was a handful. He was the most annoying rival because of him never sitting still for very long but he had the most catchy rival theme music out of all the rivals so far.