• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Barry/Silver and Dawn/Lyra

benking27

We all fight Barry/Silver and are helped by the Professor's aide. Why can't we fight both and have two rivals? Definitely make it more interesting, I think.

Discuss.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
We all fight Barry/Silver and are helped by the Professor's aide. Why can't we fight both and have two rivals? Definitely make it more interesting, I think.

Discuss.

Isn't there a point somewhere in the Sinnoh games where you fight Dawn/Lucas early on? I don't remember. I could be wrong... And the reason they don't have you fight Lyra/Ethan is because that'd screw up the continuity of the game's story from the original second-gen games. The aide character shouldn't even really be in the story, and I'm pretty sure (s)he has little to nothing to do with the plot at all.

The only games they did a two-rival deal with were the Hoenn games; you had May/Brendan as your main rivals, and Wally as a sort-of rival until the very end.

dannydstk

Isn't there a point somewhere in the Sinnoh games where you fight Dawn/Lucas early on? I don't remember. I could be wrong... And the reason they don't have you fight Lyra/Ethan is because that'd screw up the continuity of the game's story from the original second-gen games. The aide character shouldn't even really be in the story, and I'm pretty sure (s)he has little to nothing to do with the plot at all.

The only games they did a two-rival deal with were the Hoenn games; you had May/Brendan as your main rivals, and Wally as a sort-of rival until the very end.

which i for one am a fan of but ur rigt about the lyra ethan thing

herculehastings

I like this arrangement more, cuz rivals are a bit overrated and having 2 instead of 1 just makes things feel more juvenile. Having 1 of them as the professor's aide makes them seem more mature, plus they help one out in battles sometimes.